Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I’m moving! (Moved, but unpacking)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 14:17:25 )

This weekend my mom and I did so much packing. She drove 3 hours from her house to mine to help me and my husband (he packed too but had to work one of the days)
Tomorrow (the 17th) is when we get the keys and will start moving. The movers for the furniture are on Friday. So we have a few days to move the smaller stuff ourselves.

I’m exciting and I wish today was moving day cause I don’t want to wait around for tomorrow (jk I have school work to do)

But I might not be on much this week cause of that.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 16:24:56 )
    @Totalanimefan: nice! Is this your newly built apartment? Is it finally ready? I'm so happy for you!! Good luck with the process, I know how stressful it can be, I hope it goes smoothly. Is it far from your current place?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 16:41:37 )

@sunny: It's not ready until Fall. I'm moving now so that I don't have to worry about have two mortgages when it is finished. And the spring/summer is a much better time to sell.
I'm moving into an apartment for renting for 6 months. My husband and I thought of every possible outcome, and even though moving twice sucks, it's better than having to worry about money and housing selling, and timing and all that.

I'm only moving 5 miles away from my current place to the apartment complex I lived in, in the past. It was a nice place.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 17:05:10 )
    @Totalanimefan: oh I see! A bit of extra stress then with moving twice? I hope everything works out, it sounds like this is the easiest way for you guys. Worrying about 2 mortgages would be hella stressful, I bet :o at least you are not moving too far and know the area etc, that's nice.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 17:28:01 )

@sunny: Yeah moving twice does suck, but you know what sucks more? Not being able to sell your house in the fall and not being able to afford the new house that we put money down on. And I don't want to stay in this house. Esp not in the late fall/winter. It's way too cold here for that. And I don't want to worry about the roof needing repairs, or something else wrong with the house. Let that be someone else's problem.

Yeah it's nice that I get to live in the same apartment building that I did before that I really liked. It was hard to leave there I liked it so much haha.

Oh also, if I sell this house ahead of time, I can use the money from the sale for the rest of the downpayment on the one that's done in the fall. I forgot to mention that.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 18:43:39 )
    @Totalanimefan: :(
    Just try and focus on your end goal, you will be in your final place soon enough. The months will going by and soon you'll be in!
    That's good about being able to use the money for the downpayment! Very good :) I hope you can sell your house ASAP.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 22:02:57 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

super exciting! are you moving to another state/country
or just a different town?

I also may be moving. tho we have a month to find a new place+new job

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 22:04:24 )

@sunny: Thanks. I hope so too. I think that it will sell fast because the market is crazy, but I think it's slowing down too. We have to get new windows on the house because we ordered them in Jan, and they aren't here yet, but I can't just cancel the order.

@MoodyB: I'm just moving 5 miles away lol, not a fair move. ^^
Good luck with maybe moving and a new job. ^^

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 22:26:12 )
congrats! I have a tendancy to find moving overwhelming... but last time I moved it was kinda ok cuz family came and helped so there was a plus side to seeing family I don't see a lot. I hope you enjoy your new place for as long as your there!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 22:41:36 )

@macsen191: It's so overwhelming. T_T I can't wait until it's done.
Thank you. I think that I will since I lived in that building before, different apartment number though.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 23:38:43 )
    @Totalanimefan: fingers crossed!! Omg I remember you taking about the windows, are they still not sorted??? :o

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/16 23:48:17 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: ah i see nice.
yeah i hope so. otherwise we may have to move in with grandparents which i do not want to do lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 01:04:42 )

@sunny: Well the city approved them, but now we have to wait for them to be made. And they are still not finished. I should have given up long ago, but I felt bad for the company we used.

@MoodyB: That sounds rough. I hope you don't have to do that.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 01:14:56 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: hopefully not. but we're done with the extremely rude land lord.
it's her problem now lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 01:19:25 )

@MoodyB: I remember you saying some things about them before, but it was never positive. I hope the next place is better.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 03:06:44 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: latest was wanted us to get rid of mold within 10 days.
blamed us for it, talked down to us, had a bad attitude.
so we are done LOL

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 03:43:54 )
eyy hope it all goes well :)

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 13:14:31 )
    @Totalanimefan: omg I never thought it would be so complicated to get new windows :o
    You're moving today right??? How's it going?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 13:44:23 )

@MoodyB: I’m that’s there job lol
Good for you guys for not taking that crap anymore.

@Shark: thanks! Today is the day!

@sunny: I know. Same T-T
Yes today is the day! Just about to get up and get ready to leave.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/17 16:10:12 )
    @Totalanimefan: good luck!!!! May the force be with you!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.