Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Controlled Chaos

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 05:30:11 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Ash was impressed that Hazel was getting more comfortable... and more relieved as well. If that blindfold would help her leave her past behind, then he was all for it. But that wasn't on the forefront of his mind right now.

What WAS... was the warning about loud bangs and such.

"Uh... loud bangs and whatever?" he asked.

"Normal?" he asked further.

"May I ask... WHY those are so normal here?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 05:34:19 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"My workroom is upstairs." Rowena answered.

"I work in pyrotechnics." She then said, before smirking slightly.

"Ever heard of the brand 'FyreWorx'? She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 05:53:57 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Huh?" Ash responded, before thinking a moment.

"Uhhhhhh, yeah. Yeah, I have, actually." he said.

"Really big-deal fireworks makers and such." he went on, as he seemed to come to a realisation.

"Wait." he said. "Wait, wait, wait..." he muttered.

"You work for them?" he asked. "Like, making the fireworks and stuff?" he asked further.

"That's... pretty cool."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 05:56:34 )

"It's a one-woman show, Ashley." Rowena told him simply, plainly, and honestly.

"I do real well with making it seem like there's more than just me with it, too." She added with a laugh.

"I mean, I do get help from time to time for setting it all up, but it's just me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 06:17:08 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...j-just you?" Ash stammered. "JUST you?" he re-asked.

"Holy... hell." he muttered, clearly floored by this info.

"You're... I mean... FyreWorx is... just..." he stuttered further, shaking his head vigourously.

"Wow. That's all I can really say." he admitted.

"Well. All right then. I'm going to close things with my former landlord, and tell the proper people at the guild that my address has changed." he informed Hazel and Rowena.

"And then I think I'll go for a swim."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 06:21:27 )

Rowena nodded.

"Have at it. If you're going to swim nude though, just make sure to turn the dial on the door. It's like a lock, but it's nothing more than an indication of 'hey you might see naughty bits!'." She told him.

"Unless you really don't care.."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 06:51:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Uh... I don't... really swim like that." Ash admitted. "Not usually, anyway..." he mumbled.

"But... good to know on the dial, I suppose." he then said.

"Anyway, yeah, I'll finalise things at the old place, have my info updated at the guild, and that'll be good." he continued.

"Oh, and lemme know if you every want any exotic meat or anything." he then said to Rowena.

"I'm a top-notch hunter!" he bragged.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 06:53:39 )

Rowena just laughed.

"Good to know." She said with a smirk.

"as for meats, honestly, bring whatever back. I ... live very simply, and the most extravagant thing I own is this house, and that's mostly because I needed the space in the attic." She then said.

"I don't... if you take a look around, I really do live cheap." She added with a shrug. "So do what you will, with meat and such."

"I can cook almost anything." Hazel then commented.

"It... it is one of the only things I was able to actually derive pleasure of any sort from, while with Mistress." She added. "... Even if she used my enjoying cooking as a punishment often."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 07:19:49 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash sighed. Heavily.

"Well. In due time, I hope you come to see that cooking will not be a form of punishment here." he told her.

"In fact, I will see to it that you have a massive selection of ingredients to choose from." he then said. "That you have so much to work with, and can let creativity flow." he went on.

"...and also, I hope calling her 'Mistress' leaves your vocabulary, too." he then added.

"Regardless... yeah, I'll make sure this place is always well-stocked."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 07:40:18 )

"Have fun with that." Rowena commented with a laugh.

"For now, I do need to head upstairs and get back to work." She added.

"So I shall bid you two adieu for the moment."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 08:07:07 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"All right." Ash responded.

"I'll see you later." he told her, looking at Hazel next.

"And you as well." he said.

For the next few weeks, things went as smoothly as they could have gone. Hazel and Ash adjusted to life there decently quickly, Hazel found that working with the exotic ingredients that Ash would bring back very rewarding, Rowena enjoyed the dishes made by her, and Ash found living alongside his mother far less objectionable than he first thought.

However, he was sitting in the den one evening, seemingly staring into his hands... but in reality, he was staring at the crystal necklace he owned.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 08:10:03 )

While he was sitting there, Rowena stepped into the room, some coffee in her hands.

"Here." She said as she approached, taking a seat next to him.

"You ok?" She asked as he accepted the coffeee.

"You look like you've got a lot on your mind."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 08:30:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Ash was silent for a moment, and then suppressed a sigh.

"Thanks." he said, in regards to the coffee.

"And if it seems like I have a lot on my mind... that's just because I do." he told her, letting out a wry chuckle. It was short-lived, though, as he went back to staring at the small crystal.

"...mostly just thinking about Lindsay..." he admitted.

"I... have something I need to to return to him."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 10:48:24 )

"Oh?" Rowena aske,d her voice curious as she leaned foward, her elbows on her knees.

"If I might be nosey... what's that?" She asked, her voice curious.

"I you don't want to, or can't, tell me, that's ok. I'm just curious."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 21:57:29 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Again, Ash was silent for a moment, before slightly raising the crystal up so Rowena could see it.

"This." he said.

"His last act of rebellion, and self-preservation, against Vanessa Encrae." he told her.

"And I'm guessing that, because of who you are... you know what it is, too." he went on, before handing it out towards her. He wasn't forcing it upon her, but if she wanted to take it in her hands, she could.

He was merely making the offer.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 23:05:39 )

Rowena was silent as she gently took the crystal in hand.

".... My connection to souls is most certainly more... Well, stronger than I care to admit." she commented after a moment or two.

"this... Did you two work together to fragment his soul, and trap his intelligence in here?" she then asked, her voice a bit surprised.

"I didn't even know that could be done, if I'm being honest."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 23:30:44 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash sighed heavily.

"I didn't know, either." he responded. "It was all Lindsay's idea." he told her. "He overheard Vanessa and some of her cronies talking about how he was too intelligent and perceptive, and how they were going to implement procedures to... well... dull him down." he explained. "So... he and I, using his intelligence, and my aptitude for the rune, which he did not have, we managed to find a way for me to seal away a portion of his soul." he went on. "And... I guess because either he was willing, or his mana mixed with mine, or whatever... maybe it reacted to our wills, I dunno, he used a lot of words I didn't understand, I just did what he told me to do... that fragment of soul contained his intelligence. And we trapped it in this little crystal scrap we managed to scavenge." he said.

"We managed to do it on the day that his 'behavioural modification' was scheduled to be, and... shortly after, Vanessa's sister managed to help me escape. She tried for both of us, but I was the only one that managed." he informed her.

"However... Vanessa should be under the impression her 'treatment' worked on Lindsay, when in reality, there was nothing for it to target. But the result in the same. Just that, instead of being destroyed, it was taken, and is being held by me." he went on.

"...and I want to find him, save him, and make him whole again." he mumbled. "That serves as a reminder of the promise I made to him... and myself."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 23:51:06 )

Rowena was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily.

"I'll help." She told him honestly.

"I've been trying to find that bitch myself, anyway. I'll put out more feelers, try harder to find her." She continued. "If only just to help you find your brother."

"I can't promise anything more than I will do all I can to help."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/25 00:10:31 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash nodded in response.

"Anything helps." he said.

"Even just having more information channels out there is a help." he told her.

"Hazel doesn't know where she is, exactly, and all other leads have been dead ends." he went on.

"...though she DOES have a weird elf under her control." he then said, thinking about it. "He's a lot like a dark elf, but... his ears don't look right, and his skin is... almost greyish in colour." he continued.

"And I don't know exactly why that is." he admitted.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/25 00:17:36 )

"I... certainly have no idea. " Rowena commented with a light sigh.

"I just... wish I had any sort of idea." She added. It was about then that they heard footsteps entering the room.

"Jenkins?" Hazel asked, her voice curious.

"He was born human."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.