Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Controlled Chaos

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/16 07:27:59 )

Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

The forest was lush, thick, and it was almost unbearably humid. The heat was easily in the 30's, and there was a lot of moisture in the air. Meaning the atmosphere was almost oppressive. Not that that would stop him. Not right now. He was on a mission, and he knew time was precious and limited. He didn't even know if he was too late already, but he had to keep going. He sighed to himself, as he pushed away a large leaf, and shook his head, his short red hair throwing droplets of water around. He then looked at the black and green jacket he'd thrown on to try and help him camouflage his otherwise noticeable red and while clothing, and saw that it was really starting to be waterlogged.

'...dampness really isn't my ally...' he thought. 'But damn it, I can't let this opportunity slide.' he added.

Earlier he had had a meeting with some others that had revealed that some people possibly connected with an individual he had a vendetta against had been seen around this area, headed deeper in, and he was going to seize that opportunity. He left immediately, and knew he would probably be in trouble for it later, but at the moment, he did not care. At all.

'I will find them. And MAKE them talk.' he finished, his already-solid determination becoming even more unwavering.

"I'm coming, Lindsay." he whispered to himself.

Meanwhile, in another part of that forest, a pair of individuals were making their own way through the forest, and had stepped into a minor clearing. One of them appeared to be elven, with noticeable pointed ears, but his skin was... unlike any elf anyone would have seen. It looked almost...grey. Ashen. His hair was a dirty silver, which matched the tee-shirt he wore under his black vest. He sighed heavily as he brushed some of the water off of his shoulders, and looked back at his companion.

"So." he muttered. "This seems to be the area" he commented. Unlike himself, who looked to be in his 30's, SHE looked to be in her mid-teens. She had long, gorgeous red hair... though it was clearly on the unkempt side, but two things stood out about her; the fact that she was wearing a blindfold, and how the right half of her body seemed to just be black. She, herself, seemed to be caucasian, but the right side of her face and her right hand (the only skin that was visible on her, currently), looked to have some weird blackness on it, that looked like it wanted to spread out to the rest of her body.

"I really don't like this miserable atmosphere, but we were sent here for a reason." he went on.

"Regardless, tell me what you see." he told her, in an extremely odd statement, given the blindfold she was wearing.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/16 07:33:08 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
She was silent, not moving. He could tell that she was surveying the area, but also knew that she didn't need to move to view the area almost entirely. She had much better sight than those that used their actual eyes did, and it was something that was very well known amongst those who knew her.

"There." She said simply, pointing toward a tree. Her voice was flat though, no personality to her words.

"Mana collection." She added as a means of explanation. As he headed over to check it, she paused.

".... " She knew someone was coming, she could see the mana in the distance. If this was shortly after she'd been collected, she would have kept it quiet, tried for freedom. However, she was so indoctrinated to this life, that she did speak up.

"Someone with mana is coming." She stated.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/16 20:01:32 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The one that had been examining the tree paused when she said what she did. He looked towards her, and then instinctively looked in the direction she was facing, just to pause and sigh loudly.

"WHY did I look in the direction you're facing...?" he asked himself rhetorically, with a grumble.

He then ceased his checking of the tree and made his way back to her.

"Where?" he asked. "From what direction?" he clarified.

"And how strong?" he asked further.

Just because someone with mana was here, and headed in their direction, didn't mean anything. Not necessarily, anyway. If they were strong, maybe they could attempt to hide. If they were on the weaker side... perhaps they could deal with them.

But for now, he wasn't sure.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/16 20:07:37 )

"Quite." She answered honestly.

"Can't tell alignment." She added, not moving.

"Don't know who. Or if they can be trusted." Was the last thing she said.

"My apologies."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/16 20:21:38 )
Forgive, O Lord,

He sighed and shook his head.

"Great." he said. "How rapidly are they approaching?" he asked.

"Quite." she responded.

The man then cursed, and looked around for a place to hide, only for the original traveler to emerge from the dense thicket. And be immensely shocked at what he saw.

"You!" he growled to the male, before looking at the female.

"A-2!?" he exclaimed, more surprised than anything.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/16 20:25:28 )

The redhead remained silent, not acknowledging the fact that he'd addressed her.

"..... And they found us." She stated simply, addressing the one who was there with her.

"I cannot promise that my mana will help here." She then said. As she spoke, the redhead that had arrived could feel her mana reaching out to him, but... not in a dangerous or threatening way. They'd spent a lot of time together previously, and it seemed as if her mana was just checking him over, perhaps.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/16 20:45:06 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The newcomer was VERY cautious at this new development. He'd come here searching for his brother, but he had found someone that he considered a friend... and someone he hated immensely.

He narrowed his eyes at the elven man, and gnashed his teeth.

"You!" he said to him. "Where is she!? And where is my brother!?" he demanded. The other male paused for a moment, seemingly stunned, before chuckling lowly and darkly.

"If I told you, it would do you no good." he stated.

The red-haired mana did NOT take that response nicely, and the next thing the 'elf' and woman knew, the newcomer had powerful, potent orbs of black fire forming in his palms.

"...admittedly, didn't expect things to be THIS strong..." the 'elf' admitted, taking a step back.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/16 20:51:40 )

"Not here." The woman answered.

"Back home." She added. "Don't know where." That much was true. She had no idea where it was that they called 'home', but knew it wasn't there. She didn't say anything more though, as she didn't have anything more to say.

She did respond to his question, as she always would, but wouldn't give more information unless asked.

Although at this point, she didn't even have more information to give.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/16 21:08:14 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The two men paused and looked at the woman, seemingly stunned. The elven male was more momentarily shocked, while the red-headed male was actually outright stunned, and... borderline horrified.

"A-2...?" he said quietly. "What...? What did they...?" he started to ask further, before looking to the other male.

"What have you bastards DONE to her!?" he demanded, causing the elf-like one to flinch a bit.

"-I- haven't done ANYTHING to her." he insisted, taking a few more steps back. "Mistress has just made it so that this one is the perfect little tool." he added with a smirk.

This seemed to anger the other male even more.

"I'll KILL you!" he yelled, throwing one of the fireballs at him.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/16 21:14:03 )

The female just dove in the way of the fireball, taking it to her own torso. She didn't even seem to react to the pain, the burn.

"No." She stated simply, plainly.

"Don't fight." She added, not saying much of anything more as she just stood in between the men, protecting the one she'd come there with.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/16 21:32:13 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The one that had attacked froze in place when he saw this, and heard what she said.

"A-2..." he said quietly, as the elf just laughed.

"Seems as though she is willing to take any sort of attack to protect me." he told him. "...though, odds are she'll take any sort of attack that I may launch at you as well, if her statement is anything to go by." he went on.

"Does she not listen to you!?" the other male snapped.

"Yes and no?" the elf responded. "I have some command, but as you can see, that is limited. So if we try to fight each other, then all we'll end up doing is killing her." he explained.

The fire mage flinched at the thought of that, and couldn't help but extinguish the other orb in his hand. He looked at the two, before looking at the woman in specific, and biting his lip.

"A-2, is there anything of you left in there?" he asked. "If so, please... please let me save you. Let me take you away from them." he pleaded to her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/16 21:36:58 )

"If you fight, I will kill you both before you have a chance to try and kill me." The woman promised.

"I am merely here to acquire some mana information about the location. There is no need for fights." She continued.

"As neither of you have dominion over this land."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/17 03:59:25 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The fire mage didn't say anything, and the elven male just sighed.

"Yeah... yeah, she has a point." he said. "At this point, neither of us owns this, we're on land that neither of us can really lay claim to right now." he told him. "And her mana absolutely WILL destroy us if we try and go at each other." he went on.

"So what the hell do we do now!?" the other male exclaimed, clearly getting angry. "I refuse to just walk away from this! It's been so long!" he continued, as mana started to almost creep out of his feet.

"TOO long!" he then yelled, as a distinct rune started to emerge from his feet now.

"Woah, woah, woah!" the elf exclaimed, seeing this. "No need for that, no need for THAT!" he insisted, looking to the woman now.

"There's not much you can do to defend against the Fyrane rune, is there?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/17 04:02:27 )

The woman was silent before shaking her head.

"I don't know." She admitted.

"I never know what my mana can or will do." She added.

"Are you going to stop that creeping mana, or no?" She then asked the newcomer. "Or do you wish to risk whatever my mana will do in retaliation?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/17 04:22:13 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The man clenched his fists tightly, almost shaking.

"I... you're still with that bitch." he said. "At this point, whatever happens may very well be an IMPROVEMENT..." he said further, as the rune crept closer... and closer... before stopping.

It stopped about 5 feet from her and the elf, and he looked like he was trying to reign it in.

"Hey, hey, listen." the elven male said.

"There's no need for this to get TOO out of hand." he stated.

"We both don't want her mana to do anything crazy. Maybe just... take her with you, huh?" he offered.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/17 04:25:47 )

The woman was silent for a moment.

"..... Excuse me?" She asked.

"You would risk Mistress' wrath for that?" Followed a couple of seconds later. It wasn't hard to tell that she was surprised, most certainly caught off guard with his statement.

"You know she would likely put you to death for that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/17 04:50:19 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Even the man that had showed up looked surprised.

"Wait, what?" he asked. "Just... like that?" he asked further. "Seriously, I know we're not in the best of a situation right now, but... even I have to admit, you went to that FAST." he went on.

"I am NOT dealing with the Fyrane rune!" the elf exclaimed. "And I am NOT dealing with whatever fallout happened from your two manas colliding with each other.!" he went on.

He then paused for a moment, and then thought about it.

"...though... Mistress' wrath vs the Fyrane rune... actually... the choice isn't so clear now." he admitted... mere seconds before a small blade slipped out of the wrist of his shirt, and he whipped it towards the red-haired male.

He moved fast, but the weapon grazed his cheek, causing blood to leak out from the cut, as the elf grinned.

"Excellent." he smirked, as the other male felt his own reflexes starting to slow down, the cut glowing with a strange red mana.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/17 05:01:33 )

The woman was silent for a moment before there was an expulsion of her mana. It coated the area, and it caused both of them, along with everything else in the clearing, to slow down to a crawl.

"I. Said. NO FIGHTING!" She half screamed.

"Now both of you will play nicely. Lest me mana does more than just slow time for you two!"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/17 05:23:27 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The newcomer slowly collapsed to his knees, as the elf male just looked at her.

"Hey!" he exclaimed.

"Listen! If HE is going to get in our way, then he deserves to be taken back to the Mistress!" he told her.

"I know I have EXTREMELY limited authority over you, but I STILL have authority, damn it!" he went on. "I'M the one in charge here, and Mistress will most certainly praise us if we bring him back!" he reasoned.

"Why are you sabotaging this!?" he asked.

"Just let me take him back with us."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/17 05:25:49 )

"You're right." She stated, her voice notably darker than it was before.

"You have almost no control over me. I'm in essence on loan, but I don't answer to you." She continued.

"I was told, explicitly, do only do as you want so long as it is beneficial for me, or for her." She then said before the mana in the air shifted. It released around the newcomer.

"Go." She stated simply.

"He will kill you if given the chance."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.