Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Controlled Chaos

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 00:33:44 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Ash shrugged.

"Works for me." he said.

"Most of the things were mine, anyway." he went on. "And what IS mine and what's Hazel's is pretty easy to tell apart, usually." he went on.

"Regardless, Hazel and I are almost ready to go." he said further.

"Almost." he repeated.

"Still one thing left." he finished, and he knew she knew what he was talking about; the scarf.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 00:45:59 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Have a cookie." Rowena offered, motioning to the small plate of cookies, which were set atop a small box.

"I... I can't." Hazel said quietly, not looking to either of the Fyrane's.

"I just... I can't." She added. Ash would know exactly why though. Vanessa had used treats like that to punish. They were often laced with something or other that wasn't nice at all, and often brought the unlucky one close to death. However, for Hazel, who knew?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 01:05:11 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash bit his lip and leaned in close to Rowena.

"Treats and baked goods are... well... they illicit fear from her." he whispered.

"Vanessa used them a lot. Laced them with awful things that led to pain, misery, and always death." he went on.

"...I shudder to think what she gave Hazel." he then added, before clearing his throat and sitting back more normally.

"Thank you for the offer." he said in a more normal tone, accepting one of them.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 01:14:28 )

Rowena was silent for a moment, not entirely sure how to process that.

"That... that's horrible." She said, her voice suitably matching her expression of shock.

"A-Anyway.... Hazel, check the box under the cookies." She said. "It's a gift for you." Hazel was hesitant, before nodding and carefully moving the small plate aside to look inside the box. Within, there was a navy scarf that almost looked black, and was impossibly and unimaginably soft to the touch. As she withdrew it, she couldn't help but be surprised.

".... This... This isn't cheap..." She said quietly.

"I know." Rowena answered.

"However, it wasn't be used. I've had it for years. Would be better to pass it on to someone who would actually be able to make use fo it." The older woman explained. Hazel was silent for a few seconds.

"I.... Just...." She started, not really able to get past that. Ash was nice to her, yes, but this really was a different flavour of 'nice' and she didn't know what the hell ot make of it for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 01:37:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash could see that Hazel was befuddled and stunned, and placed a hand atop her shoulder.

"It's all right." he said.

"Take it as a gesture of goodwill and kindness." he told her. "There are people out there like that, and to this extent." he said further. He knew this to be true, and while his mind still had reservations about his mother, he found himself already saying this about her more easily.

"Try it." he then said.

"See if it'll suit your needs."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 01:38:42 )

Hazel, of course, didn't say anything before nodding and quietly just tied the scarf around her head.

"This... is unbelievably soft." She commented. "I can barely feel it."

"good to hear. Means it's more like a second skin, so it shouldn't give you problems at all. It also has a handy effect of being elementally resistant." Rowena commented.

"Oh?" Hazel asked.

"Yep. Can't be burn, frozen, melted, or anything of the sort."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 01:58:24 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...damn." Ash mumbled.

"Talk about a miracle scarf." he commented. "Guess that comes with the territory of what it's made of, though." he added with a light laugh.

"Well, Hazel, there you go." he then said to Hazel. "Looks like things are finally looking more and more up for you." he commented, before looking back towards Rowena.

"And with that, she should be fine to head back." he told her.

"To our new home, and our new futures." he added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 02:00:08 )

Hazel nodded.

"Still... still not sure I can agree with it." She commented.

"Give it time, Hazel." Rowena said with a small smile before taking a bite of a cookie.

"Anyhow, shall we head back?" She asked, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 02:20:47 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash nodded.

"We shall." he said, looking to Hazel.

"And I realise this is all a big change for you... again... but if nothing else, let's just see where this takes us." he told her, shaking his head a little it, and looking back at Rowena.

"Anyway, let's be off." he said.

"Maybe I'll finally actually unpack all those boxes." he mumbled. "Admittedly, I was so quick in being ready to move as... well... those boxes hadn't been unpacked from when I first got that tiny place." he admitted sheepishly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 02:21:58 )

Rowena just quirked her eyebrow before sighing.

"My son, forever a bachelor." She commented with a light laugh, and a light sigh.

"However, I can't fault you." She then said. "You're a hunter after all, hardly home." She continued.

"So I really can't fault it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 02:41:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash looked away slightly, before clearing his throat.

"Yes, well, anyway!" he said.

"Let's get a move on." he told them.

"Oh, and I will be keeping weird hours, obviously." he then warned. "Given that I work in Ireland, the time zones are gonna make things a little weird on the being home thing." he continued.

"...until I'm injured bad enough that Em thinks I need time to rest, and has me off for a few weeks..." he then muttered.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 02:52:28 )

"Until?" Rowena asked, her voice a bit shocked, and concerned.

"Don't tell me you go out to be hurt purposefully...." She added, before sighing.

"Or are you just too cocky and bite off more than you can chew?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 03:14:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash just groaned.

"So a few hunts catch me off guard from time to time." he said.

"It's NOT a big deal." he insisted.

"I mean, YES, I couldn't walk properly for a couple weeks after that Giant Nail Weasel went all tornado on my leg, but I was fine." he went on, pausing again.

"...mostly. Kinda." he mumbled.

"I mean I'm fine NOW." he stated, clearly backpedaling now.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 03:16:14 )

"At least most toxins won't kill you." Rowena commented with a shake of her head.

"The curse, specifically, makes it that most things like that can't tolerate the heat." She added.

"Handy." Hazel commented.

"Very. However, it's not perfect, there are things that will kill us Fyrane's because of our heat and blahblahblah."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 03:35:53 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"....mm." Ash mumbled.

"And... well... yeah, I'm... pretty much immune to poison and venom, actually." he told her.

"And I mean that. ANY sort of toxin either dies in my body, or I end up rapidly making the antivenom for it." he went on, shaking his head a little and looking off to the side, out the window.

"...I'll say more back at the house." he said.

"It's not something to talk about in public."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 03:48:55 )

Rowena nodded.

"Of course. " She said before glancing around quickly.

"you two teady to go then? I did drive, for ease." She added after a momentor two. Hazel didn't say anything, but did nod.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 04:10:29 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Yeah." Ash responded.

With that, the three of them left the café, piled into Rowena's vehicle, and were off. The drive was as short as before, and they were at the house in no time. Once they exited the car, Ash looked at Hazel.

"What are you going to do first?" he asked.

"I suspect you'll just head downstairs. But anything in specific?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 04:22:05 )

"I..." Hazel started.

"I have no idea." She admitted after a moment or two, giving Rowena reason to chuckle.

"Head up to the roof." The Fyrane suggested.

"There's a door from the landing on the stairs up, and the stairs down, that will lead up to it." She added

"Oh?" Hazel asked.

"I might do that." She adedd

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 05:03:36 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"The roof?" Ash asked.

"Well, you do you, Hazel." he said. "Do whatcha wanna do." he told her, as they approached the house, and entered it.

"Guess that's it, then." he muttered.

"I'll finalise everything back in Ireland, but... we live HERE now." he commented.

"...and if you want to know what I mean by my immunity to toxins, I'll tell you." he then said to Rowena.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/24 05:10:40 )

"I might ask later. For now, I have to get back to work." Rowena stated after a moment or two.

"If you guys hear anything loud bangs or whatever, don't worry. It's actually kinda normal." She added after a moment or two, with a light laugh.

"Oh? All right then." Hazel said with a nod. She certainly seemed more comfortable now that she had the blindfold on.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.