Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Controlled Chaos

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/22 21:44:01 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Ash looked between Hazel and Harmony, trying to process all the information that he had been given. However, all it had done was give him more questions than ever, and make him wonder just WHO Harmony was.

He then looked to Hazel on the couch, and sighed.

"Right." he said.

"You are correct in stating that she is a victim of Encrae." he confirmed. "I've been trying my best to give her a better life. But it's... well, it's not been easy." he admitted.

"Also, you? Why YOU?" he asked her.

"Who ARE you to cause this to happen?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/22 21:48:36 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Harmony just sighed, heavily, before taking a seat on one of the armchairs in the room.

"Harmony IS A legal name of mine." She told him honestly.

"And I introduced myself as such because I knew you wouldn't give me the time of day otherwise." She continued as she reached up to her hat.

"My name is Rowena Fyrane, and I'm your mother." She told him bluntly as she removed her hat, allowing the firey hair to fall around her face and shoulders gracefully. She paused a moment, looking away as she looked ashamed.

"If you want to take her and leave, please, feel free. You can mana out of here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/22 22:11:56 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash almost fell over when she revealed who she was, and he was immediately on the defensive.

"Y-you!" he exclaimed.

"No wonder Hazel's mana acted like that!" he said. "She told me it was essentially programmed to go off near a Fyrane's mana! Or... well, sort of? Maybe?" he went on, suddenly getting confused.

"She mentioned she had a built-in thing to try and capture you for Vanessa..." he mumbled, seeming to get lost in that train of thought, before shaking his head and looking at Rowena sharply.

"Why?" he asked.

"Why bring me out here like this?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/22 22:14:24 )

"Because I wanted to offer my son a place to live." Rowena answered honestly.

"At least one of them..." She added with a heavy sigh.

"Look. If you don't want to give me the time of day, just go. Don't drag this out. I'm ... just happy toknow you're doing at least decently. I do know of another location you could move to. It's my sister's old place, so a cabin in the woods, and she's been considering renting it out." She continued.

"Just... just ask Rocky about it when you see her next. I know you're in contact with her and Demi."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/22 22:40:06 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash looked ready to snap at her, and just made his way over to Hazel. He looked ready to pick her up and leave... before he just looked at her in silence, before sighing heavily and looking back to Rowena.

"Tell me something." he said.

"Why were we given up?" he asked.

"Why did we have to suffer under Vanessa Encrae?" he asked further.

"...just tell me THAT."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/22 22:43:08 )

Rowena was silent, but Ash could feel her mana in the air darkened, severely.

"..... Because the man I had married was an utter asshole." She answered, her voice dark as the mana in the air.

"He put my sister and I up for death, and fucking sold you and your brother off to the bitch. Iv'e been TRYING to find her, and even if you were dead I was planning to go down with a fight." She added.

"Look. I know my words likely mean nothing to you. Rocky's told me you have no interest in knowing anything abou tme. So... I won't be offended if you leave. Hell, I'll understand it, considering what my history is." She finished with before pausing.

"I admit, it likely never would have happened had you two not been stolen from me, though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/22 23:28:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash listened to what she had said, and something seems to slap his mind into gear. What Rowena was saying was the exact same thing that his aunt had told him. Had been telling him.

Was continuing to tell him.

But even though he'd heard her, it never clicked. Until now.

And he started to realise that if she had wanted his soul... it would have been done already. She wasn't acting like she was infamous for.

"...I..." he stammered.

"Daman it." he cursed, leaning against a nearby wall.

"So you didn't give us up. You didn't CHOOSE to rampage through Europe?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/22 23:32:58 )

"I..." Rowena started.

"Regarding the whole European... uhh... trip... of mine... that wasn't entirely not in my control." She admitted.

"The betrayal, all of that, it caused my .... well, I'm sure you're aware of how thin a precipice that we Fyrane's walk in regards to our mana. I ... I think that that event just caused my mana,and mind, to snap slightly." She told him honestly.

"I couldn't stop it. I sealed Alexander, and the fuckers that were there, before heading on. When I saw that bitch leaving with you two, I couldn't contain it. I lost control, completely... so I went away from where you two could possibly be."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/22 23:57:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Ash was silent as he looked at his hands.

"Our mana..." he said.

"I admit... the feeling of that rune inside me... it's... almost overwhelming." he told her.

"This power that resides within me... knowing what I can do... it can be maddening at times..." he went on.

"...I feel like such an idiot." he then growled.

"I guess Vanessa feeding my brother and I the information that you willingly gave us up was such a constant, I just instinctively believed it..."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/23 00:03:45 )

"It really is." Rowena agreed with a nod, and another sigh.

"It's just... it's a thing. It's a curse that we need to live with. " She added before shaking her head.

"anyway... do you want the apartment, or no?" She asked. "And no, I don't care that you're a hunter."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/23 00:29:26 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...there's a bigger deciding factor here." Ash responded.

"Hazel." he said.

"If she can't live here... than neither can I." he told her.

"If we can find a way for her to live here and coexist with you... then... then..." he stammered, Rowena easily being able to tell that he was struggling with saying what he wanted to.

"Then... sure." he managed to get out.

"I'll... I'll give this a shot."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/23 00:30:59 )

"Going to have to wait for her to wake then." Rowena commented.

"Do you want to take her home?" She asked.

"You have my number. You can call me later, if you'd like."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/23 00:56:11 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash looked at Hazel again, and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"That... might be the best idea?" he admitted.

"I want to talk with her and see if I can't find out if we can find a way for her to live here. This is a really nice place in a beautiful area, in a nice country." he reasoned, looking around.

"Overall, it's really prime real estate for mine and Hazel's situation."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/23 00:58:00 )

Rowena nodded.

"I built this place before the city got to be as large as it is, because it's a gorgeous area." She told him.

"Anyway, please. Take her home, take care of her, and just... let me know what is decided in the end." Shea dded. "All right?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/23 01:20:18 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Ah... y-yeah..." Ash responded.

"Um... yeah." he said again.

"Sorry, I'm... I'm at a loss for words right now." he admitted. "What I've believed my entire life is coming crashing down around me, and my brain is saying this should have happened a long time ago." he told her.

"Nevermind the fact that Aunt Rocky kept telling me what you're telling me... I should have REALLY started to doubt that info, as Vanessa told me it." he continued.

"And I'm pretty sure everything she told me was a lie." he went on.

"So... one would think I would have started to question the 'information' about you a lot sooner..."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/23 01:23:54 )

"I doubt everything was a lie." Rowena countered.

"I was a terror. I did go through Europe and do more damage than the black death." She told him.

"However, I'd put money down that she just... exaggerated and overstated it all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/23 01:45:24 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...yeah, that's fair." Ash admitted.

"She's a master of manipulation. Odds are she told JUST enough truth." he muttered. "Because of course she did." he growled.

He then just sighed, and shook his head.

"Look, I... Aunt Rocky has vouched for you countless times in the past... and you got my number from Vincent." he told her. "So... asking me to trust you implicitly so soon is not possible." he said bluntly.

"But, if nothing else, I trust THEM." he went on.

"And... and... I admit... there's part of me that wants to trust you, like I trust them." he continued. "So doing this... moving in here... would be a big step towards that." he admitted further.

"Right now... this arrangement rests on Hazel."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/23 01:48:00 )

"Don't worry, I completely understand." Rowena commented after a moment or two.

"For now, you need to take care of her." She added, nodding toward Hazel.

"So take her home, make sure she's all right, and call me later." She paused.

"Oh, do you want to take the brownies home?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/23 02:10:37 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ash paused and thought about it.

"Y... yeah." he said.

"If that's all right. I could smell them when we came in, and they smelled delicious." he told her.

"...and I know that if I were to go back without at least trying one, I would have REALLY regretted it later." he then admitted to her with a small chuckle, before looking at Hazel again.

"So... yeah. I'll take some back. Discuss things with her, and then get back to you." he summarised.

"Not sure WHEN, admittedly... depends on when she wakes up."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/23 02:17:35 )

Rowena nodded.

"I'll go grab them for you then." She said simply as she got to her feet.

"Back in a few." With that, she headed off. When she returned, he could smell the fresh brownies.

"Here you go." She said, handing them to them.

"Oh, and I'm not sure if it's a concern for her, but despite how decadent they are... they're diabetic friendly."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.