Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Double Trouble

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 01:51:56 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Zeke just nodded.

"Of course." he responded.

"I'll keep my eye out for anyone acting... uh... well, stereotypical, I suppose. And out-of-characterally so." he told her.

"Keep my wits about me and all that." he went on.

"...you WILL be okay though, yeah?" he then asked.

"No permanent damage or anything?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 01:58:05 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"That's all I ask." Sariel told him.

"Just keep an eye out, try and keep a clear head." She continued.

"And let someone know if something happens." She paused here, sighing.

"Just... keep your wits about you, in case there's more going on than just Charles' outburst."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 02:17:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Of course." Zeke responded.

"I DO hope this is just an isolated incident, though." he then said. "...though, some say that hope is the denial of reality." he muttered gloomily. "Sometimes it seems like they're less pessimists, more realists..." he continued.

"Regardless, I won't keep you here longer than is necessary." he stated.

"Thank you for the warning about what's happened." he said.

"And I promise I'll keep in touch with information... somehow. Whether it be direct or through someone."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 02:19:27 )

"Having hope is what it means to have humanity." Sariel started.

"If you have no hope, at all, then that's not good. Denial of reality or not, it's still part of being human. And since you're half human, itmakes sense that you'd be the type to hope." She added.

"Anyway, I'll see you later." She then said as she stepped up and gave him a hug.

"Just try and keep your wits about you, hey?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 02:41:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke just smiled softly and returned the hug, holding her close for a moment.

"I promise." he told her.

"I'll be VERY wary and alert." he said.

"But I'll need to try not to be outright paranoid." he continued, as the broke the embrace.

"Anyway... bye for now, Aunt Serial." he told her.

"Hopefully the next time we speak, it will be under nicer circumstances."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 02:44:55 )

Sariel paused before chuckling as she stepped back.

"Been awhile since you called me that." She commented.

"You do know you can shorten it to Sari, right? Most people do."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 03:04:01 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Eh-heh..." Zeke chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head.

"I tend to forget that a lot, I admit." he said. "But fair." he said further, as the two left the room and he changed the sign back. He then looked at her and nodded once more.

"I'm going to head back to R&D and tell them to be on the lookout." he told her.

"And when I'm done THERE, I'll do the same for the medical wing." he said further.

"The more eyes we have open for this sort of thing, the better, yeah?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 03:06:08 )

Sariel nodded.

"That is true." She agreed.

"I'm going to head out, check in at the clinic. I don't know if Gabe or Raph have gone to deal with Charles, yet." She added.

"Just stay safe, hey?" She asked. After he'd assured her he would, they left the room and parted ways.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 03:27:19 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke turned and made his way back to R&D and was let back in by Ilias, and they both went to where Kiah was waiting for them.

"Feel better now, Mr. Jitters?" Ilias asked him.

"Yes and no." Zeke sighed.

"...that concerns me." Ilias admitted.

Zeke then told them what he had been told by Sariel. Pretty much everything that she had told him, too. He spared not a detail, and by the end of it, Ilias was looking QUITE concerned.

He looked to Kiah and looked to be thinking about something.

"Erica...?" he asked hesitantly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 03:30:00 )

Kiah was silent for a moment, setting the vial she'd been about to pour into something else down on it's stand.

"I don't know." She admitted.

"I don't think her mana does this, however I can't deny that maybe it does if at full power." She continued.

"... but it wasn't at full power last we knew, so what bumped it up to that? there are too many unknowns at the moment." She paused, before looking betwen both of them .

"... If either of you start showing that, what should I expect? I'm human, I doubt there would be anything for me. You two though? Well, something tells me you two might be affected."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 04:01:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ilias and Zeke looked at each other briefly.

"Hm." Zeke mumbled. "Well, I'M half-human... so... hm." he muttered further. "Given where my non-human half comes from... expect me to be... short-tempered... and spoiling for a fight with any non-humans." he told them.

"And I'LL be more cowardly." Ilias replied. "More cowardly, and more likely to lash out at people in general." he went on.

"Those like me are... well, we fear the world in general." he admitted.

"I've made steps forward with that, thanks to the Unit, and all my friends."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 04:07:55 )

"I will most certainly keep that in mind." Kiah commented before sighing, heavily.

"We just got out of a headache, and now and we're thrown into another? Definitely not ideal." She admitted.

"Play it safe, you two."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 04:32:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke and Ilias nodded in response.

"We'll most certainly try." Ilias said.

"And after we finish here, I'll be warning those in the medical wing about this as well." Zeke told them.

"Makes sense." Ilias responded. "Man... as you said, Kiah, we JUST got out a major headache. And even then, we're still not fully out of it." he said further. "Jordan and Aedan are both still under quarantine." he grumbled.

"And now we potentially have something NEW cropping up." he continued, getting a little worked up now.

"Potentially being the key word." Zeke stressed.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 05:08:13 )

Kiah nodded.

"all we can do is hope that it all goes well, really." She commented after a moment or two.

"I wish there was more we could do, but .... sadly, we can't." She added.

"Although, just in case, someone should check in on Erica."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 05:28:25 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke thought for a moment.

"Well... I can." he said.

"However, my Aunt Sari didn't mention anything about Uncle Gabriel." he then went on. "And I'm sure if there was a problem with him, then she would have brought it up." he reasoned.

"So you're saying...?" Ilias asked, trailing off at the end.

"I'm saying that Uncle Gabriel will be checking in on Erica, as the two of them are romantically involved, and if her curse is starting to act up, he has a vested interest in helping her." Zeke stated.

"...oh." Ilias replied quietly. "...right. Duh." he mumbled.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 05:31:53 )

"That's fair." Kiah commented.

"It makes sense." She continued. "Anyway, should we spread the word about this, or avoid causing a potential panic? I'm honestly not sure what to do with this information."

"Not gonna lie, I don't like that, either."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 05:52:35 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ilias paused and thought about it, while Zeke crossed his arms over his chest.

"Honestly, probably not." he told Kiah. "Spreading the word TOO much about this is liable to cause a mass panic, and just off the heels of one we've just had, that's not good. Who knows what will happen?" he asked.

"But we need to be on the lookout." Ilias protested.

"Hence why Agent Sharp knows, as he heads this entire place, I told you two, as you have a decent amount of foot traffic during the day, and I'll be telling Angela and Nate in the medical wing, as THEY have people coming and going constantly, and if there are injuries from someone acting stereotypical, they'll know there's more to it then an isolated incident." he went on.

"We want more people knowing about this, yes, but we need to be strategic about it." he finished.

"...you really ARE an archangel nephilim, aren't you?" Ilias asked rhetorically. "To hear you talk, you sound like your strategising for a war." he commented further.

"Eh, kinda the same premise here." Zeke shrugged.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 05:54:47 )

Kiah just sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"This is absolutely ridiculous.... we just avoided a massive catastrophe. I really hope that we aren't heading right for another one." She commente.d

"Anyway, go and just... I dunno." She admitted, sighing, heavily.

"I don't even know what to do with this information, to be candid. I just... dammit. It's frustrating." She paused a moment, looking to Zeke.

"I'll let you know if I notice anything odd, or whatever."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 06:15:52 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke stepped up closer towards her, and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I know it's overwhelming." he said. "...but... this is what our lives are right now." he muttered. "We need to try and keep calm and move forward, without freaking out." he went on.

"I realise I could have NOT said anything to you, but ignorance would have only hurt you further in the long run." he reasoned.

"...can't argue that." Ilias admitted.

"Anyway, I'm going to warn the medical wing, specifically Angela and Nate, and then I'll be back after to finish off what we were doing." Zeke then said, before turning and leaving.

Ilias watched him go, before looking at Kiah.

"$1000 says Vanessa Encrae is involved." he muttered. He wasn't making light of the situation at all, nor was this a legit bet, it was his way of saying he wouldn't be surprised if Vanessa was behind what they were warned about.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 06:18:07 )

After Zeke was gone, Kiah looked toward Ilias.

"...... Double it." She stated.

"Because I can almost guarantee she is." She added, getting to her feet.

"I am going to call Vincent. He needs to be aware before Rowena finds out." She added. To many it was odd that she used first names, but if one took into consideration their ages, it made a lot more sense.

"Back in a few." With that, she headed off toward her office.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.