Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Double Trouble

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 06:38:51 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Ilias watched her go, before shaking his head.

"Heaven help us, this is probably going to be stormy." he muttered to himself, before going back to work. Regardless of what was on the horison, work still needed to be done. They couldn't put their lives on hold for this.

Meanwhile, Vincent was just getting ready to head outside with a good book, when his cell phone rang. He debated ignoring it for his book, but pulled it out anyway to look at who was calling.

To which he then promptly answered.

"Hello, hello, Kiah." he said into it.

"Rare you call. What can I do for you?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 06:42:03 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Keep your ears to the ground, and pay attention to the incoming storm." Kiah answered with a shake of her head.

"Because shit's about to get very real, I think." She added.

"Let's just say, I've heard it from those on high." She then said, referring to the angels - specifically, Zeke who heard it from his aunt.

She paused though, letting him ask the inevitable questions she knew he'd want to ask. She could have just dumped the information on him, yes, but she honestly believed that doing it this way might go over a little bit better. Bit less of a dump for his brain to process. Even if she was sure he'd be all right with that, it was just how she did it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 07:05:17 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Vincent was silent for a moment, before pinching the bridge of his nose and growling.

"Could you POSSIBLY sound any more like a doomsday prophet." he muttered.

"A storm? Shit's getting real? Hearing it from on high?" he asked rhetorically. "If it wasn't for the fact that I know what I know about our mutual contacts, I would be worried for your mental state." he admitted.

"But... how about a little more information, please?" he then asked of her.

"Should this be over the phone, or in person?" he inquired further.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 07:07:44 )

"Probably in person, but travel probably isn't the best." Kiah answered.

"But I'm serious." She then said.

"Zeke's aunt Sariel was attacked by a lycan she works with. Unprovoked." She continued.

"As she put it to Zeke, his 'inner being' came out. He acted likethe beast that some believe he should." She paused a moment.

"And she doesn't believe this is going to be a single event... and Ilias and I have 2k down on it being Encrae's doing."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 07:28:02 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Vincent then sighed. Heavily.

"Wonderful." he said sarcastically.

"Just... beautiful." he muttered further.

"Well, to extrapolate from that, I assume be on the lookout for people acting as they... quote-unquote, 'should'...?" he asked her.

"As in, stereotypically, or whatever?" he asked further.

"Is Sariel all right?" he inquired at the end.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 07:56:20 )

"Pretty much." Kiah confirmed with a nod, even though he couldn't see it.

"Just... keep an eye out. For all anyone knows, the rune might even cause us Fyrane's to go off the deep end a bit, toop." She then said.

"Which does scare me, if I'm being honest."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 08:11:55 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"That's understandable." Vincent responded, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I'll be sure to keep a lookout for any suspicious behaviours." he told her.

"...and I will not be relaying this to Rowena." he went on. "She does NOT need to be worrying herself sick over thing." he reasoned, shaking his head lightly, mostly to himself.

"You keep yourself safe as well, hear?" he then told her.

"Seriously, we just escaped ONE crisis..." he muttered, trailing off at the end.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 08:15:06 )

"Just ... yeah... don't tell her. I don't think that'd go well, at all." Kiah agreed after a few seconds.

"For now, I'm going to have to play it safe on my end as well." She said. "Don't worry, I will be careful."

"I ... I don't know what it is that will happen, or what it is that will be coming, however, what I do know is that this is something that needs to happen.Precaution is the order of the day, again, it seems."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 08:35:25 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Looks like we don't get any time to rest." Vincent muttered.

"All right, I'll keep my eyes peeled and my ears open." he told her. "I'll see if I can discover if anyone's acting out of sorts." he went on, before looking around him and sighing quietly.

"For now, I am going to carry on my usual business." he said.

"Whatever's happening, we need to play it cool, just to be safe." he reasoned.

"I'll keep in contact, of course." he went on.

"...take care, Kiah." he finished, his tone quiet and concerned now.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 08:41:57 )

"You too, Vincent. Seriously." Kiah said.

"Although... I might actually be in more danger here, since I'm one of the very few humans in the building." She told him honestly.

"So that's fun." She said, sighing.

"I'll keep in touch. Take care,and please, for the love of everything, keep yourself and everyone else there safe as you can."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 22:07:27 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"I promise to do my utmost to make that happen, and keep it happening." Vincent responded.

"If you feel like you are not safe there at ANY time, leave." he stressed. "You know you have places you can go around the world to hide if need be." he then reminded her.

"So do whatever you feel you need to do to ensure YOUR safety and wellbeing." he insisted.

"For now, we just have to bide our time, sadly." he then lamented.

"Sit back, wait, and observe."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 23:59:16 )

"I know." Kiah assured him.

"Anyway, just ... keep in contact. That's all I ask." She added

"Now, I should proably get off the phone and make sure that this place is taken care of and shit." There was definite exasperation and disinterest to her voice, but also acceptance. She knew that this was something that had to be done, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/29 00:40:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Vincent sighed in response.

"Understandable." he said. "Good luck, Kiah." he told her.

With that, they ended the call, and he could only stare at his phone screen for a few seconds.

"...great." he muttered. "Juuuust terrific." he said further, wondering if he should tell Rocky about this. Rowena was a definite 'no', as she would indubitably panic, but was it safe to inform her sister...?

Meanwhile, Zeke had reached the medical wing, made his way to Angela's office, and waited there (as she was currently out), until she returned. It only took a minute or so, and she could immediately see he didn't have the best of news.

"Looks like we need to be on the lookout for something new." he told her.

"Aunt Sari was viciously attacked by a lycan she works with... and he was acting NOT like himself, but rather, acting like what he IS."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/29 01:08:22 )

Angela was silent as she clsoed the door behind her with a sigh.

"..... Is she all right?" She asked, concern to her voice as she met his gaze. Nevermind anything else,s he wanted to know if the angel in question was still alive, or whatever counted as alive for them.

"Seriously, is she?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/29 01:34:10 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke nodded in response.

"She'll be fine." he said.

"...admittedly, the only reason she even survived it is because she is what she is; an archangel." he mumbled. "But she made her way back to her home where miracles were worked, and she's as good as new." he stated.

"So yes, she's all right, and there will be no lasting damage or consequences from the attack." he summarised.

"...but the fact that the attack happened in the first place is extremely concerning."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/29 01:38:00 )

Angela just sighed heavily.

"At least she's all right." She commented.

"Beyond that, I'm not sure what the hell to make of it." She added after a few seconds.

"That isn't good. Is she suspecting that there was something else at play?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/29 02:42:34 )
Forgive, O Lord,

He nodded in response.

"Precisely." he told her.

"She's worried that this may very well be something much larger than an isolated incident." he said.

"So she's told Agent Sharp about it, she's told ME about it, and I've told Ilias and Kiah so far." he continued. "I stated to them not to tell anyone else, as we don't need a potential mass panic arising over this, but we need key people on the lookout." he reasoned.

"Which means I'm telling YOU, and Nate should probably know about this." he went on.

"...arguably Alicja and her internal band as well."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/29 02:44:51 )

Angela just sighed, heavily.

"No, I getcha." She told him honestly.

"I'm not sure what all can happen with whatever information to anyone, or what WILL happen," she continued, "however, I will definitely keep an eye on what happens here, and who it is that comes in. I'll also make sure to pay more attention to what happens to cause those that need help in here, to... y'know... need the help. And yes, I'll fill the other two in, as well. Or at least Nate. Alicja's off today."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/29 03:07:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke just nodded.

"Good." he said.

"We need to be vigilant about this. We cannot afford to just dismiss certain things." he said further.

"And it is imperative that this information not be wide-spread." he then stated. "We're just off the heels of a disaster, we don't need people freaking out about THIS." he then muttered.

"All we can do is keep an eye out."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/29 03:09:15 )

Angela nodded.

"Agreed." She told him.

"I get the feeling that I'll be working plenty of late nights for the forseeable future." She added.

"You gave for keeping up on being there for Liv if need be while I'm here? I really would prefer she wasn't here if shit's going down."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.