Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Double Trouble

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 02:57:44 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"...right." Hal muttered.

"Forgot Lunet was the tech for your arm." he said.

"Look, just... take it easy, ok?" he asked. "If you've tweaked your shoulder, leaving it unattended is one of the worst things in the world we can do." he told her further.

"If it starts to get worse, promise me you'll at least get it checked in the medbay." he went on.

"Okay?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 02:59:08 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Izea nodded.

"I will. Don't worry." She assured him.

"For now, I just have to wait until Lunets on her feet again." She added.

"Anyway, I'll leave you to the paperwork for what I just delivered. Sorry about that. I'm sure it'll be a nightmare." She said as she took a step toward the door.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 03:20:35 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"No kidding..." Hal growled.

"And I have security footage to look at." he went on.

"...also... Izzy?" he then said, as Izzy took a step towards the door.

"Yeah?" she responded, looking back at him.

"I know you're going to say you were just doing your job, or you would have done it anyway, or whatever... but thank you." he told her. "Thank you for saving Jake." he said further.

"Thank you for saving my best friend."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 03:27:45 )

Izzy paused a moment before chuckling.

"Don't thank me. Seriously." She told him.

"While yes, I was just doing my job... I don't want to lose him either." She added.

"Jake's one of the few people I would actually consider a close friend, I don't want to lose that. So yeah, there was some emotional greed on my end. It's why I ONLY knocked Cam out, instead of doing more damage. Despite wanting to."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 03:44:40 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal just smiled in response.

"I understand." he said.

"Jake is friends with practically everyone in this building, but... well, he's a special friend to a few people, myself included." he went on.

"Regardless, get moving, we'll be in contact later." he finished, as she nodded and left, closing the door behind her.

"..." Hal was then silent, before grabbing the receiver of his desk phone and dialing a number.

He had to tell this to Sariel.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 03:52:45 )

When he called the vet clinic, the phone was answered way quicker than he was sure was normal, however he wasn't going to complain, considering who answered.

"I'm guessing something happened." Sariel's voice echoed through the line and receiver.

"Should this be in person?" Followed a second later before she paused, letting him respond.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 04:10:53 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"There has been an incident, yes." Hal responded.

"And yes, this should be in person." he told her.

"However, before you hang up, I give you permission to appear directly into my office." he then stated, as he got up and made his way to a wall panel, opening it up, and fiddling with it.

"Our security system has a profile of your mana from when you last visited... standard protocol and all... and I've excepted it from triggering the alarms, so you can just appear in my office without worries." he explained.

"And I've done this for... well, a couple of reasons, but I'll explain those when you get here." he finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 04:17:18 )

Sariel was silent for a moment.

"All right then." She stated after a moment or two.

"I'll be there momentarily." She added.

"See you soon." Was the last hting she said before they ended the call. Once she hung up, she sighed before getting to her feet. She'd been sitting in the reception area of the clinic, debating what to do now. Charles was still locked in the room, because Sariel had no idea what the hell to do about or with him for the moment. She looked over to it, sighing, before just using her mana to vanish from where she was, appearing in Hal's office in a burst of light.

"All right, what happened?" She asked, sounding unimpressed, but calm. It wasn't hard to guess that it was the siutation overall, not the fact that he'd contacted her that was causing the 'unimpressed' aura.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 04:37:14 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal paused, and shook his head lightly.

"I have a very unique employee here." he told her. "Her name is Alicja, but she houses 3 other souls within her body... one of them being Cameron, the soul of a male mana-hunter." he explained.

"Due to his circumstances, he's very bitter and off-putting, but has never been violent. Until now." he lamented.

"In short, it seems he murdered one of my other employees, a man named Jeffery, and also murdered my own daughter, Lunet." he told her further. "Granted, she is a regenerator... technically... so she WILL come back from it, but my anger still boils within me, regardless. But I digress." he said.

"Cameron then attempted to flee the building, where my main security guard, and head OF security, Jake, attempted to stop him. This resulted in a severe blow to the back of his head, Cameron's leg being incapacitated from Jake's defensive acidic saliva, and Jake being nearly choked to death." he went on.

"As it stands, Cameron is now in custody here and under strict lockdown, Jake is in the medical wing for his injuries, and another security guard, Izea, has a wrenched shoulder from saving his life." he told her.

"But Cameron was acting like a stereotypical old-world mana-hunter, despite being able to successfully reign it in constantly and consistently in the past."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 04:40:06 )

Sariel just sighed, heavily, after Hal said everything he did.

".... so Charles was NOT a lone case." She commented. "... I feared he wasn't, I did not want to be right." She added.

"However, there isn't anything that can be done about that, aside from just... try and do what we can for the moment." She paused, seeming to be thinking about something for a moment.

"What do you plan to do with .. him? Them? I'm actually not sure how to refer to that collection of souls, if I'm being honest."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 04:55:13 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"It confuses me at times as well." Hal admitted.

"But... we're going to see if it is JUST Cameron affected, or if all the souls within are affected. If it is just Cameron, we'll see if we are able to have the other 3 isolate him from getting in control of the body, and go from there." he told her.

"If it is all of them, they then will remain in custody and isolation, until we can discover what the hell has happened." he explained further.

"I haven't put THAT much thought into it beyond that, as this all literally just happened within the span of 10-15 minutes ago, and I now have a nightmarish paperwork mountain ahead of me... let alone dealing with the permanent deaths of one of my agents." he lamented.

"However, I promised I would inform you of such behaviour, should I become aware of it. So I did. And I regret that I had to."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 05:00:49 )

"... that is going to be a nightmarish pile." Sariel agreed after a few seconds.

Is there any way I can help?"[/b] She asked, her voice curious.

"With anything that happened here." She added. "However, I'm not sure about the shell. She may be more my brothers territory than mine."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 05:45:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal hung his head a little when she asked if she could help.

"I'm willing to bet that there's no way to bring Jeffery back." he said.

"And speeding up Lunet's regeneration is not really something that can be done..." he went on.

"At this point, I just want Jake to make it through this, and for Izea to be fine." he told her. "And even then, if there's something wrong with her shoulder, or the prosthetic attached to it, that's my daughter's territory." he said further.

"So, really, if you could get your brother to possibly look at Alicja and co... that'd be great, but if you can help influence Jake's recovery, that'd be even better." he continued. "He may have suffered some serious trauma from the encounter."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 05:52:20 )

Sariel just smiled softly.

"If you feel strongly about Jeffery," She started, "I am most certainly wlling to see if there's .... stretching or allowances to be made."

"Or I can just send Madison, if you'd like." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 06:27:24 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal paused again.

"...I do not wish to render the cycle of life and death meaningless. Or to cheapen it." he stated.

"But... Jefferey was one of the best employees we had. He was a friend to all." he went on.

"It really isn't fair for him to be taken like this." he lamented.

"I don't know the state of his body, or anything like that... but I'll be selfish here." he said further. "If you can make it so that he can come back, as he was, I would be forever in your debt."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 06:29:41 )

Sariel just smiled, sfotly.

"I'll see what I can do." She promised, her voice kind.

"While I cannot guarantee anything, I can most certainly try." She added.

"Now, regarding the hunter. I have no idea what could help with that. However, since this seems to be ... not an isolated incident, I really would strongly recommend either fixing your zombie like... now. Or leaving her as is for now, since there's going to be a very good chance that she'd revert to being as one might expect... to her 'true' nature, so to speak." She told him.

"Take stock of everyone you know, everyone in here. I don't know how far this reaches, so please... be prepared for anything."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 06:48:49 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal just pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Lovely..." he grumbled.

"I'll see if she can't be fixed post-haste, but... damn it, this is just a headache." he muttered.

"And yes, I know I need to take a VERY thorough stock of ALL those within these walls." he then told her. "I DON'T need this place collapsing into itself again." he went on.

"But now I suppose we have more indication that Charlie did not do what he did of his own volition."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 06:51:36 )

"Most certainly seems that it wasn't his choice." Sariel agreed.

"It was a ... well, it's as if a switch was flipped within him, and I guess one he didn't flip willingly." She added before sighing, looking out the window for a moment.

"Sounds like the same thing happened to the hunter you recently found went all... aggressive." She continued. "But the question... is why. You said he's naught but a soul that is renting a room, so to speak, within a mortal shell. Shared with 3 others. That's the confusing bit."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 07:10:45 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal shook his head again.

"THAT is what is confusing me as well." he said.

"I don't quite understand HOW this could have happened." he told her. "Alicja and co. break SO many conventional rules though, so there is NO precedent for this, yet she/they set precedents all the time." he went on.

"Sadly, does us no good right now." he continued.

"I get the feeling we may get some more info when another soul takes command of the body." he then guessed.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 07:12:06 )

"Assuming they can, or unaffected." Sariel commented.

"Would you like me to wake them up sooner than they would naturally?" She then asked.

"I can't do immense healing, but I can do at least some things of that variety."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.