Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Double Trouble

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 02:25:10 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Raphael raised an eyebrow when he heard that.

"...hm." he mumbled. "I see." he said, as he finished up with Sariel.

"All right, I've done all I can do." he told her, the tree above them dropping some more water onto her, but this time it was more like a light shower. With that, she felt invigorated, and nowhere near as sore.

"And it looked like the tree has given a final push." he commented further.

"You should be good." he finished, as he helped his sister to her feet.

"Not 100%, but good."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 02:41:21 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Once up, Sariel sighed.

"Thank you, so much. That would have been hell to deal with myself." There was definite gratitude to her voice as she said that that as well.

"Anyhow, I do believe that I have an appointment I need to go and check in on." She said with a light sigh.

"I'll let you know if there are problems." With that, she stepped away from Raph, waved to the pair of them, before she was gone. She appeared in the receiving area of the Unit, took a second, before just stepping out and into the proper entry area.

"Hello." she greeted the one at the desk as she stepped up.

"I have a need to speak with the boss here." She then said.

"If you would grant me access, that would be wonderful."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 03:11:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jake looked over towards Sariel and, instinctively, flicked his tongue out, which caused him to recoil immensely.

"Woah!" he exclaimed.

"I should have prepared myself more for that." he muttered. Sariel had been here a few times in the past, so much so that Jake did recognise her... but he was ALWAYS taken off-guard by her mana, how strong and potent it was.

"Right." he then mumbled.

"I assume you don't have an appointment." he commented.

"That being said, if one such as YOURSELF is here, then it must be important, so I'll let him know you're on your way up." he finished, pressing the button which opened the door for her to enter.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 03:15:14 )

"Sorry about that, I never think to give you a heads up." Sariel admitted with an almoist sheepish expression.

"And thank you." She added before making her way to the door. She paused a moment before looking over to Jake. She didn't say anything, stepped throgh the door and made her way over to where he was.

"Here." She said, holding a hand out to him, some mana in a small orb atop it. It was no larger than the size of a loonie in diameter.

"This should hopefully help. You look like you've got something weighing you down."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 03:37:37 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Jake was silent as he saw the tiny orb of mana that was offered to him. He reached out and accepted it, allowing it to permeate into his skin, and then spread out throughout his entire body.

And as it did so, he felt an immense feeling of calmness wash over him.

"...oh..." he murmured.

"Wow..." he said.

"Wow, this... feels SO relaxing." he commented further, before looking at her.

"Also, yeah. You're good at reading people." he told her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 03:41:16 )

"We all are." sariel commented, referring to her and her siblings, "But not all of us have the patience to acknowledge it."

[b"Anyhow,if that ends up making you feel high, just... Get someone to fill in for you and head into your office for an hour or so, it'll pass."[/b] she told him.

" Not sure if it will, but figured I'd mention in case. Anyway, I do need to speak with your boss, so I shall make my way there. Yes I know where I'm going." she added, figuring he might ask.

As she spoke, she was already heading to the door into the building proper.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 04:01:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jake gave her a thumbs-up in response.

"You got it." he responded.

"Thanks a million." he added in a slightly dreamy tone, showing her mana really WAS working, but it hadn't gotten to the point of him feeling 'high' yet. He was still essentially on Cloud Nine, so to speak.

She headed into the building proper, and was walking for about a minute, before she turned a corner and saw Azazel standing in the distance. He was already looking in her direction, and when he saw her, he let out a sigh of relief.

"Hello again, Miss Sariel." he greeted her when she was close enough for conversation.

"What brings you HERE?" he asked.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 04:03:21 )

"Oh, hello Azazel." Sariel greeted before sighing.

"Wanting to give the head here a heads up. There's some shit going down, it seems, and this place needs to be aware." She told him honestly.

"Which is certainly not ideal, however, it is a thing. So before anyone here ends up in serious trouble because of it, I wanted to issue a warning."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 04:23:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Azazel was silent for a moment, before pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Faaaantastic." he muttered. "We JUST finished dealing with something major here." he said further, before then quickly stepping out of her way.

"Well, I shan't hold you up any longer." he then told her.

"I'm sure that Agent Sharp has been notified that you are on your way... or, most certainly, has noticed your mana signature, and is expecting your arrival anyway..." he then added.

"So don't let me stand in your way." he went on, before pausing.

"...not that I could stand in ANY of your ways..." he then said quietly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 04:26:39 )

Sariel sighed.

"Sorry. I hate being the bringer of bad news, but someone has to do it." She commented.

"I'll see you later, Azazel, stay outta trouble." She added with a light chuckle, before heading off, knowing that it was likely better she didn't hang around the property for longer than she had to.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 04:48:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"I'll try!" Azazel called back, as he felt a little flutter in his chest.

His halo fragment glowed slightly in his repaired horn, as ancient memories came flooding back. Memories of when he was an angel. Foggy memories of brief interactions with her, positive feelings associated with them, and feelings of unrequited love started to bubble up within him.

He then shook his head, however, and lightly slapped his cheek.

"No, Azazel. No, damn it." he murmured to himself under his breath.

"Your past is history. It's done. It's a life you can never go back to." he told himself further. "Concentrate on your present, and your future. Your damn wife and child." he then hissed.

With that, he just sighed quietly, and continued on to where he had been headed.

Meanwhile, the rest of Sariel's journey went uninterrupted, and when she arrived at Arryn's receptionist area, she saw the door to Hal's office was already open, and Hal was already leaning against the doorframe.

"Easier this way." he told her. "Come in." he said, turning and heading into the office.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 04:51:21 )

"well, can't argue that." Sariel commented with a light laugh as she waved to Arryn, following Hal into the room. He motioned for her to close the door, so she did, and sighed lightly.

"How have you been, since getting this place back on the right level?" She asked, her voice curious. It wasn't hard to tell that she just honestly wanted to know. Granted, she was just trying to get a feeling for how he might take what she was going to say.

Along with that, she was trying to figure out the best to actually say what it was that she wanted to tell him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 05:30:39 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Hal was silent as she asked that, before groaning.

"Right. Well, it's been a nightmare to finally get this place running at full steam again, but I've managed it. We've all managed it." he told her. "I still need to find a way to get Aedan and Jordan back to who they once were, but this place is back to full capacity again." he said.

"Since then, I've been swamped with some paperwork that got backed up, but I've organised it, I'm making my way through it, I have a plan, I have a roadmap, and things are fine." he continued.

"I'm just glad that things are back to SOME semblance of normalcy here." he then said.

"...however, I get the sense that that might be turned on it's side once again." he muttered. "Good thing I've not been stressed out, actually, come to think of it." he realised.

"Anyway... what's going on?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 05:37:17 )

Sariel didn't say anything for a moment.

"Well, good to hear you're getting everything back up to par here." She said, starting simple.

"And I can say this much, regarding the zombie.... I do believe her fathers journals will have precisely how to reattach a soul properly. If I recall correctly, he was also prepared for in case he ever needed to do something of this sort while he was alive." She added.

"Now, why I'm here... I do not know if this actually IS anything, but... well, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"I mean, you. You in relation to what you are. Everything. And yes, it is relevant."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 05:55:12 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal was silent for a moment, raising an eyebrow.

"Firstly, it shouldn't surprise me that her father would have notes about that." he said. "Should have thought about that earlier." he muttered. "I'll need to get Azazel or Cain to sift through them, if they aren't already." he reasoned.

"And secondly, how I am... in relation to what I am?" he then asked. "What an odd thing to ask out of nowhere..." he muttered.

"But I feel fine." he said. "I haven't felt any... hatred for humanity, haven't felt the need to spitefully make people realise the devil is in the details, and that sort of thing." he told her.

"Why...?" he then inquired.

"The fact that you feel the need to ask, and clarify that it IS relevant concerns me greatly." he admitted.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 05:57:27 )

"It probably should." Sariel admitted.

"I was attacked by the vet tech I work with." She told him honestly.

"The lycan, that you recommended to me." She continued.

"He's a brilliant tech, a wonderful person. However, he just .... snapped. Suddenly started acting like the beast he technically is."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 06:20:18 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"I beg your pardon?" Hal asked. "Charlie actually ATTACKED you!?" he exclaimed.

"I'm afraid so." Sariel responded.

Hal leaned back in his chair, a look of utter disbelief in his eyes as he heard that. He stared off into space for a few seconds, before looking back to her and leaning forward a little.

"Well, I take full responsibility for his actions." he told her. "I will compensate and reimburse you for any damages you have sustained in this." he assured her further, shaking his head.

"What happened to him after the attack?" he asked.

"And how badly did he hurt you, or others, or damage his surroundings?" he inquired further.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 06:22:48 )

"Almost everything in the room is probably completely trashed by this point." Sariel told Hal honestly.

"And it was bad... like extremely bad. The only reason that I'm alive, is because of what I am." She added. "I had to get Raphael to patch me up, and utilise the anima alder we've got up above as well."

"He is currently locked in that room, with my mana maintaining it. He cannot get out unless I, or someone else from the outside, opens it. Nothing else has been done though. I just got the hell out."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 06:44:52 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal leaned on his desk and buried his eyes in his hands.

"Uuuuugh." he let out, in a drawn-out groan. "This is embarrassing." he said. "I recommended him to you, and he has to go and do THIS." he growled, clearly unimpressed.

"And for the record, I would be a LOT more angry if he'd killed someone, or actually managed to permanently injure you." he quickly clarified to her. "Just so you know." he stated.

"Well, all that's left is to properly subdue him, make sure your insurance is referred to ME, so I can pay for the damages, and state that I will do anything to help recuperate your losses." he told her.

"Because he's going to face the Triad for this, and they do NOT take kindly to lycans acting like this."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/27 06:47:24 )

Sariel was silent as Hal said all he did before sighing.

"Stop." She said.

"Seriously. Stop." She repeated.

"Answer me this. Is this the type of thing you would have expected from Charles?" She asked.

"Is this actually who he is?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.