Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Double Trouble

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 07:51:24 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Cameron was fast. Too fast for Jake to react... usually. But he was JUST slowed enough for Jake to dodge his head out of the way... though the knee did manage to clip his ear, as it slammed into the wall.

This caused the Ramaarin to cry out in pain and surprise, but he grabbed Cameron's leg and pulled it out from under him, causing them to fall to the floor as well.

"The HELL is wrong with you!?" he shouted.

"SECURITY GUARD DOWN! NEED ASSISTANCE!" he then yelled out as loud as he could.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 08:15:26 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Tch. What IS wrong with me?" Cam asked after a couple of seconds, with one hellof a snarl.

"What was wrong with me was that I was ignoring what I am." He informed Jake in a very nice and friendly tone.

"I am a mana hunter, I'm going to quit ignoring that." She finished with before grabbing Jake's throat, figuring he was right there, might as well take the easy shot.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 08:37:24 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jake responded by grabbing Cameron's wrist with both hands, in an attempt to stop the attempted choking.

"Ngh." he grunted.

"Cameron, you're a mana hunter, and that is WHAT you are, but it's not WHO you are!" he exclaimed.

"What happened to you!? Why did you change your ways suddenly!?" he asked further.

As he continued to struggle against the mana hunter, he wondered if anyone had heard him. If Izzy was around, she would have, but that was IF she was around. And he was struggling hard.

If he faltered here, it'd be the end.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 09:11:56 )

Jake... he couldn't do it. Cameron had the advantage, being putting his weight down on Jake, on his throat.

"Fucking freak." Jake heard. It was sounding distorted though. His vision was starting to fade. The darkness at the edges of his vision was getting closer, and closer, with each tick of his watch. Just as he was on the precipice of falling into the black abyss, he found everything rushing back to him. He gasped for air as he rolled onto his side, trying to breathe, hacking from the trauma to his neck and throat. He didn't even bother looking to see what happened. All he cared about for the moment was that Cameron was off of him, the pressure on his throat was gone.

He could fucking breathe.

He heard a voice, but couldn't pinpoint it, saying something. Jake wasn't paying attention for the moment though.

"And stay down." The voice was sharp, scathing. When Jake was finally able to breathe and could process anything other than the physical need to air, he looked over to see a familiar face approaching, Cameron on the floor to the side, bleeding, not moving.

"Knocked him the fuck out." She stated before sighing and crouching down in front of Jake.

"You able to get to your feet, or should I get medical here to get you down there?" She asked, wanting to know the extent of the damage.

"I can tell you're alive and at least able to move." She then added after a moment, having realised that he had shifted position in order to help his lungs regain the ability to work as they should. He could hear the concern in her voice, see it on her face when he met her gaze even.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 23:26:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jake was silent for a moment, trying to get his head back together, but having some serious problems doing so. He shook his head slightly, which almost caused him to fall over, and then sighed heavily.

"I..." he stammered.

"No." he said. "Don't... don't think I'll be able to get to my feet at all." he told her.

"Cameron... he hit me really hard at the base of my neck... and then you... you saw him choking me out..." he continued. "Breathing... well, at least I CAN do it now, but moving overall still requires massive effort and concentration." he explained.

"...thank you, Izzy." he then said.

"You legitimately just saved my life."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 23:29:54 )

Izzy just sighed, heavily.

"Yeah, no problem." She said. "Heard you from the guard station." She added, reminding him of how good her ears were. They almost challenged the hunters ears they knew.

"Anyway, I'll call for you to be taken to med. I sure as shit can't carry you there... heights aren't very agreeable there." She added as she pulled out a device that took Jake a few seconds to process as her own comms unit. She put in the order for help, both for Jake, and for dealing with Cam, before sighing and just making her way over to Cameron, taking a seat on his back.

"At least this one's out for the moment." She added. "Why the hell did Cam attack you like that though? He's usually one to be in the background, and the few times I've spoken with him... he's been a bit salty, but chill."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 23:48:57 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"I don't know." Jake responded.

"He called me a freak, and when I ran into him, he was trying to escape this building." he told her.

"....Izzy, he admitted to murdering Jeffery and Lunet." he then revealed.

"Granted, Lunet's not a big deal, but... Jeffery's gone." he mumbled.

"I don't know why, but Cameron's gone full mana-hunter on us."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 23:52:45 )

Izzy was silent as Jake said what he did, before looking down at the one she was perched atop.

".... I..." She started before just shaking her head.

"I have no idea what the fuck to think about all that." She admitted.

"I'll take the information to Sharp myself once whomever is coming, shows up." She then said. "Lunet will be fine, we know that, but depending on the degree of trauma, it might be a day or two before she's back up to par. At least she will revive. Jeffery though..." she trailed off, sighing heavily.

"That one is a shame. A huge one. Jeff was... fucking brilliant, fantastic, and Kiah adored him. She always said he was one of the best people who worked under her, that she wasn't biased towards like Hazel and Ilias."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 00:15:13 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Jake lowered his head when she said all that.

"...I know..." he replied. "Heaven help me, I know." he repeated. "Jeff was a kind man... one who never did anyone any harm... but Cameron outright admitted to murdering him." he said further.

"I don't know what's happened with him, but things aren't going to end well, I don't think..." he continued, as a few more security guards showed up.

"Chief!" one exclaimed, looking at Jake, and seeing Izzy sitting atop Alicja/Cameron.

"What's happened!?" another asked.

"Cameron attacked me. Full-stop." Jake responded, before going into a minor coughing fit.

"What do you want us to do, Miss Izea?" another asked Izzy. She was new, yes, but the security staff had quickly come to see her as the second-in-command to Jake.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 00:20:06 )

"Get this one down to holding." Izzy answered as she got to her feet.

"And make sure there is someone constantly standing watch. Hunters can be crafty, and if it's Cameron who wakes up.... that could be trouble." She continued.

"We need information about what the fuck even happened to cause him to go off the rails like that. And Jake needs to be in Angela's care, now. There's head trauma and that's always a massive risk." She added.

"Meanwhile, I'm going to go fill Sharp in on what happened as best I can." She was making sure to keep her implications vague, but when she looked toward Jake, she knew he'd realise what she was saying.

"Now get to it. Before this one wakes." She added, pausing, looking to the b londe.

".... Might want to get someone to check them over too. I did use blunt force to know 'im out."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 00:44:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The ones that had come as backup nodded.

Two of them helped Jake to his feet, and started to help him through the hallways, while the remaining one picked up Cameron and carried them off. As the ones that were helping Jake were walking away, Jake looked back towards Izzy.

She saw a look of concern and pain in his eyes, but she knew he was grateful.

He was just worried about what caused the incident in the first place.

But she had no time to concern herself with that. She needed to let Sharp know.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 00:50:05 )

Once they were gone, Izzy sighed, heavily, before heading off toward the office in question. When she was stopped by Arryn, she shook her head.

"I can't." She said simply, knocking on the door to Hal's office, proper.

"Izea, he's busy." Arryn insisted.

"Arryn, his friend was attacked. He ain't gonna wanna wait to hear this." The goblin countered before knocking, again.

"Get off the horn, We need to talk. About Jake." Izzy called through the door, having realised that he had phone conferences and such to deal with that day, along with a number of other, smaller, things that could easily be interrupted.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 01:14:07 )
Forgive, O Lord,

There was silence for another few seconds, before the door seemed to open by itself. She knew Hal had done it with his mana, and she saw him on the phone, talking to someone, obviously.

"It shall be filled out and completed by next week, I promise." Hal said.

"Now, I must go, it seems that an emergency has popped up." he went on, as Izzy entered.

"Yes, feel free to call me back tomorrow morning. Goodbye." he then finished, before hanging up the phone and looking at Izzy with focused and unimpressed eyes... with a definite undertone of worry.

"What's happened?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 01:18:46 )

"Cameron legitimately tried to kill him." Izea answered honestly as she rolled her shoulder.

"I had to knock him out. So there might be a cracked skull on his end. Jake's been taken down to Angela's domain as well, to make sure that HE's going to be all right." She continued, pausing a moment.

"I found them... Jake on the floor, Cam on top, choking him. Hal, Jake might not be doing well for awhile, if only just because of the lack of oxygen hitting his brain." She continued. "I just wish you knew what happened, because I don't have the entire picture."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 01:38:56 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal paused for a moment, before nodding. He then snapped his fingers, and she watched as he had a rush of information... which led to him looking VERY angry... sad... concerned... and confused.

"I..." he stammered, sighing. He proceeded to tell her what he had learned. More specifically, the order of events that had transpired as soon as Jake and Cameron had met in the hallway, as well the conversation that had occurred.

"So Cameron has murdered Jeffery, AND my daughter." he said darkly.

"He will pay dearly for this." he went on, but then paused suddenly.

"...assuming we can punish HIM without harming Alicja, Rose, and Ebony." he then muttered, clearly unimpressed.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 01:43:54 )

Izea was silent as Hal said all he did. She didn't know what to say, It was almost unbelievable, and she surely wouldn't have believed it were she not the one who got Cam off of Jake.

"I..." She started, shaking her head.

"That is something I would never believe if I hadn't knocked Cam out myself." She admitted after a few seconds.

"However, it is what it is, I suppose." She then said.

"All we can do, is deal with this. As for the others within that body.... I have no idea." She admitted. "I know almost nothing about her, them."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 02:04:49 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal was clearly frustrated, but trying his best to keep himself level. He took a moment or two to compose himself, take a few breaths, and Izzy could tell he was attempting to mentally talk himself down.

"Cameron has always been an ass." he said. "But then again, he's had every reason to be." he then went on. "He is a male mana hunter, trapped in the body of a female mage, sharing said body with 3 other souls." he continued.

"Frankly, I would be amazed if he WASN'T on the short-tempered side." he admitted.

"But he's never gotten violent. Not like THIS, anyway." he went on.

"..." he was then silent again, before he recalled what Sariel had said to him, before his pinched the bridge of his nose and growled audibly.

"Right." he said.

"How are YOU faring, Izea?" he asked the goblin.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 02:09:13 )

"My shoulder smarts like a motherfucker." Izea answered honestly.

"and yeah, Cam's always been a bit of a bitter sort, but was always chill when we chat the few times in the past. This is more alarming and concerning, than anything else. He deserves whatever is comin' to him for Jeffery though." There was a darkness to her voice as she said that, but it seemed to be gone as quickly as it had come.

"And then there's the fact that he was covered in blood. I ... do worry about what he DID to Lunet." She added.

"I know she'll revive and all, but... I dunno." She sighed here, with a light shake of her head.

"Anyway, I'm fine. But what the hell caused Cam to snap, is what I want to know." She added, realising that the chances were he had no idea, and didn't expect any sort of answer.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 02:31:42 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal shook his head.

"I don't know, either." he said.

"But I intend to launch a full investigation into it." he told her, which... was a half-truth. He didn't know if he actually COULD do so, or if it would yield any results, and at the same time, it could be argued that an investigation was ALREADY underway.

But sadly, he couldn't tell Izea. Not right now, anyway. He was unsure as to who should know about the potential looming threat, but it was looking like Izea should be one of the ones in the know very soon.

"Go have your shoulder checked out." he then said.

"We don't need YOU potentially out of commission because something gets screwed up in there."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 02:33:59 )

"I will, once the resident tech I actually trust to deal with it, revives." Izea commented, rolling her shoulder again.

"And... damn. Well, if you need me, just find me. You know what dorm I'm in and all that jazz." She then said. "I'll do anything to figure it out. Cam shouldn't have snapped like that, he's always been... well, salty, but calm."

"Anyway, if there's nothing else, I'm going to go and check in at the front. Tis where I'm supposed to be anyway."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.