Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Rei's Event Hangout

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 03:53:45 )
@Ava: I get it. My issue in hollywood won't even be as bad as you experience, but because I'm a fat white woman, I could never be a leading lady. It's change a little, but still Rebel Wilson and actresses' like her are the joke roles in movies.

Like I don't get it, why does skin color matter for roles? Like I know it's because racisms, but it's so dumb. One of the best musicals I saw when I was 18, was the Little Mermaid and you know King Triton they cased a black man to play the role, and the daugthers were a mixed of skin tones, and they were all amazing. Because their skin tones didn't keep them from performing the role.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 04:33:32 )

@Ava: Ew, that's gross. I can totally understand exploring difficult topics in fiction, for the creators it can be an outlet to their trauma, others might relate or it might help educate, etc. And a story generally needs conflict. But at the same time, "rape" is not "entertainment," and that's such a creepy way of describing it and looking at it. I can't blame you for not wanting to go back.

Please ping me!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 19:39:00 )
@Ava: Yeah, it's just like society. It's this whole idealized woman thing, but like it wasn't always like that before. Like in the old old days if a woman was of "large size" she was considered to be wealthy and pretty because hey she wasn't dying of starvation. But now it's bad. IT sucks all around.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 20:58:16 )
@Ava: I hope it does change. I do find that shows and such are getting a bit better at being more open. I guess as the old folks die off, things might change?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/5 23:57:58 )
@Ava: Yeah, I think it will just take time.

So what have you been up to this weekend?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 00:13:31 )
@Ava: Hey, as I tell my friends irl, that it's okay to have a bad weekend. I have suffered from depression since like middle school, it comes and goes. So you don't have to worry about bring the mood down, when you are feeling down. It's okay. I'm glad you are at least eating and using the restroom. You don't have to push yourself and you can take it slow.

My weekend is alright, we had a covid scare, fiancé dad has it, and he saw his dad last weekend. He had to run around yesterday to find a location to get tested. Thank god is was negative, which allowed us to go pick out his wedding suit. As for tomorrow, my plans are to hang out at home and reply to our rps.

Which as I know you are feeling down, don't feel pressure to force a reply, when I get them done.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 00:31:18 )
@Ava: I would say if you find the strength to start looking for a therapist, it sounds like you could benefit from it. I know it can be daunting, but some people do really better having someone to talk to. If you have insurance, you should be able to use your insurance provider's find a doctor website and search for a therapist that would specialize in the issue you'd like to discuss.

Well we all are vaccinated so at least it'll be a mild cause for the future father in law. It's in March 2022. We have a starry night/fairytale theme.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 00:55:41 )
@Ava: There is no shame in having to need help again. That's what they are there for. My best friend irl, legit can not function without seeing a therapist. She would tell you, that it's ok to regress, as long as you keep trying and seeking help when you need it. I understand why you feel ashamed and why it will take time to feel like it's okay to ask for help, but I just want to offer some reassure that you aren't weak or a failure or any other negative thing because you need help again. Admitting you need help, and getting it is a very strong thing to do, and shows that you have a strong will to change. Like anything that will be bumps and some back sliding, but it's okay to "fail" as long as you keep trying.

I hope that's somewhat reassuring.

Ehhh, it's kinda his fault. He's a right leaner guy, and like constantly going to church and not wearing a mask anymore. Like my future mother in law is nothing like that, but he wouldn't have gotten tested, if she hadn't nagged him to. I might, I'll have to see how they look. I tend to have low esteem when it comes to pictures of me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 01:22:06 )
@Ava: I understand. Well I do hope that things get better for you mentally soon. Or at least if you are able to eventually talk to someone.

As for the vaccine, one of them is FDA approved. It's pzifier. It was big in the news. If she was waiting on that she should go get it. Getting it means you don't die if you get covid, so I'm glad the father in law got it. But he does spend all the time watching fox news and some things he's said to his son, my finace have been craZEY!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 02:37:43 )
@Ava: Are you sure that your dad isn't one of my step relatives? Because he sounds a lot like my stepaunt. Really I can't stand how fox brainwashes older people like that.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 20:51:25 )
@Ava: I'll be honest, I hate all new stations. So much of the news is creating views to get more ads. I find all of the tv stations are trying to spin things to make it circus. I get they need to make money but still.

Ugh that is the worse. I think that's worst then when my future father in law asked my fiancé, who was my boyfriend at the time, if we were sexually active and if I would keep or get rid of a baby, if that happened. This was during a lunch, he had with my fiance, while I was at work. We didn't even live together when he asked. I was upset by it, cause it's like dude, you do not ask people personal questions like that. Like ugh.

Yeah, It's good when people keep growing and changing for the good. Sounds like your dad finds something wrong with himself, and so he watches fox which will tell him, it's x y z fault, and not good american, such BS.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 21:21:38 )
@Ava: I wish the news wasn't consider entertainment. I wish it could be just here are the facts, etc.

Right, I was like, dude why did you even answer your dad's questions. He know now to say like hey that's not okay, but I'm my guy first well everything, so he was caught off guard. Like if his dad comes to over to help with house work, and I'm like it's this, he ingores me and keeps trying to solve the problem. I'm like dude, I'm from a small town in bumfeck nowhere, I know that my basement is flooding, because there is no grass in my yard to stop the water.

That's terrible of your father. I am sorry that you've had to deal with that. Like people who end up dating abusers, aren't dumb for that. I know that what happens is mental issues. One of my mom's exes, my ex step dad, was abusive. I find that people start to think that well this is all I'm worth, or that it's their fault for the abuse, etc, and so it get's so hard to reach out, and it must be worse when someone who suppose to be loving parent will say shit like that. If you ever do get the chance to move out, then I do hope you can cut contact with your dad.

Your mom sounds like she had grown tons and tons, and that's good. I have a old highschool friend, he ended up transitioning himself, and his mom didn't stay in contact with him, but his father did. I was always impressed that his father choose to stay by his now son's side.

Side off topic note, for the god rp reply, if you want to move to the next day, you can do that, and assume at some point dorothea summoned him, you can choose the location for the day.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 21:58:56 )
@Ava: That's very true.

I find that there can be a lot of people like that. But well nothing I can do to change his behavior.

Yeah sounds like he's not looking through someone else's point. She probably stayed so that they wouldn't have to be in the super poor house. But well I can see a kid not realizing that is why. It sounds like your dad doesn't have the ability to emphasize with others. I have found that there are just some point, who are unable to unless they are directly in the situation. I have a cowoker like that. She's gen x. Sounds like your half sister, got the better end of the deal.

Well now I'm double hoping you get a bunch of great high paying commercials, and then star in a show and can just like dip on out your dad.

That does sounds amazing.
Oh you don't have to reply today, if find you don't have the motivate for it. I just wanted to know that when you've got the time, you can just go ahead and jump to that, after reactions to her stuff. It was more a head ups, not a gimmie a post now. I know your in a rough patch, and I don't want you to feel forced our obligated to reply, do things in your own speed.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 22:17:52 )
@Ava: Exactly, the best we can do is control our reactions. Ya know and try not to waste time of those who are unchangeable.

So yeah, it sounds like he just can't think outside himself. There are a lot of people like that. It sucks, but not much one day do, but stay away if possible. Sounds like your mom is a really great person now, and is open to change.

It's no problem. I'm rooting for you. Think of me as the online cheerleading team.

Well I'm excited for you to read the response, because I'm surprise at how both characters felt like responding to the replies. Sometimes I feel like my characters control me, as I write, and not me controlling them.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 23:28:07 )
@Ava: Sounds like it. I bet it is super stressful. I'm sorry that's how things are. You'll gotta do what best for you in the future. That's really good. I would love to have a parent who is willing to apologize. My mom was never like that. She was liberal and open, but she could never be wrong in her eyes.

I'm curious how he will respond as well. I know it's in his nature to be mean, as I would describe him to be Tsundare, but I am hoping that he might be a little warmer to her, but I don't see it happening. So I'm very interested to see how he'll respond to her.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 23:47:37 )
@Ava: Autocorrect is the worst. I can't say how many times I will pick a word, and it will go, you mean x. I'm like no, I legit type this, and it's a real word.

Well that's true we don't want push overs, but like if a parent hurts you and they shouldn't have, I want them to be like I'm sorry. Not the whole, I'm your parent and it doesn't matter, cause I'm in charge, roar.

This is why we have to get him a throne, so he can do all the drama there. Clearly he wasn't even a bad king as the third thor movie showed.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 01:21:18 )
@Ava: It's an apple product thing. I know I can turn if off, but spelling is my weakness, so I need it sometimes.

I agree, but parents can be old fashion. I hope more straight to change, or maybe I've always had bad parents, and this isn't actually normal?

Oh I get, but Nicole doesn't know what about him. Plus with her back story of being always second best compared to her brother in her mother's eyes, and her self esteem destory by her mom, she's going to also react harshly to being treated bad by him. So it will be a ride for sure.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 02:08:23 )
@Ava: Yeah, I do think that is the case. My fiance's parents are normal, even with a trumper dad. Like they don't fight during holidays at all. My family always has a fight, it's like wait fighting isn't normal?

Well like in the movies and shows, he is open to change. He's just having a rough go of life right now. If I were in his shoes, I'd be just as pissed at the situation, but from Nicole's pov shes like hey i also just learned everything i ever thought was true was a lie. But like the story plot we've given is very cruel to him at the start too.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 14:44:53 )
@Kory: Oh it does for sure. Like his parents especially his mom are so welcoming and do so many nice things for me. It’s amazing.

I have a feeling he’ll come around eventually, and I can’t wait.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 00:17:09 )
@Kory: That's awesome that you got some real good sleep. What have you been up to today?
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.