Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event Hangout with me here!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 15:50:13 )
So what's the plans with family? Just catching up? beach? parks? You sound like you're really looking forward to it and I know it has been a while since you've seen your family. :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 15:51:12 )
@Another Movie Addict: I bet you are looking forward to it. Why aren't you already at the beach? It's supposed to rain (here) later - I assume your forecast is a little different in your part of the state... ???

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 15:52:11 )

@Wildfire: We had to wait for someone to get off work.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 16:11:19 )

@Wildfire: 3 days in Disney, probably just at the hotel though. We made the plans with a British couple we know that we often we when they are in the states. They can't get into the country atm, so they aren't coming. (Full refunds though). My husband would still like to go to Epcot for Food and Wine. Which is cool, but everything has onions in it so I normally can't eat the offerings there lol
I could just have something at Japan tho.
Then after that my Dad is coming to pick us up and driving us back to his. It's about an hour and a half south of Disney. On the Atlantic side.
I'm going to see my friends too. Some of them even have kids and I haven't seen them since before they had them lol. I haven't been back since 2018. Could go in 2019 cause I went to England for a wedding plus my brother-in-law had a kid too. Then you know about 2020. So it will be nice to be back. My family and friends are vaxxed (except not the kids under 12). I think I'll see my cousins and my aunt and uncle too, but they live on the west coast of FL. So I'll have to drive there.
I always like seeing the sunrise just one of the days I'm there. I go to the beach and watch it. I'm dead tired when I do but it just feels so powerful to watch the sunrise on the Atlantic side on the beach. :)
Oh and also studying. Can't take two weeks off school lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 16:26:40 )

Back.
It's getting chilly here now but at the same time I was sweating =A=

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 16:54:33 )

I woke up to a nonfunctional air conditioner! :D On a holiday when everyone who could conceivably fix it will be closed! :D :D :D

It's 81 in the house and climbing. x_x

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:12:28 )
What have you all been up to? ot muhc in this place, changed my avatar thing a month ago to fit to an OC o mine celebrating world pride.. othr wise ive just been plyaing some pot by post roleply on discord watching downtown abbey... and tried to find a ew duvet ( so far ailed in getting up in time to gt the duvet ^^; )
How was your day? so far...? ok... might hav slept the entire day aay thouhg ><' somehow turned of 4 alarms in my sleep
What do you want to get with your event currency? dont know havent looked t the items, but usually i try to et one of each item... though as i first today have the mental headspace to take part in the event, i doubt ill get enough durrency to get al items
Are you excited for the event? What contest threads do you think they will have? photo contest as usual that im 100% convinced about despite me not having a garden. was honestly durprised to see an event like this feeli like we've just had a n eveet might just be me ^^;

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:14:32 )

@CooperationIsKey: Damn TAT
Do you have portable fans?

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:19:23 )

@Purpsy: I'm in front of my small fan and the roommate brought in her box fan from the porch. That's it, so it's gonna get hot. :/

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:24:57 )

@CooperationIsKey: Holy crap. I hope you have some cold ice tea to get you through it.
Also cold showers. Good luck.

@TeaTales: Hey it's nice to see you around. I started school again last week. I've been studying a lot.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:27:35 )
@Another Movie Addict: Aaaah, yeah, that would affect timing a bit, wouldn't it?

@Totalanimefan: it sounds like you have a lot planned, but a lot of fun is in your future! You could see the sun rise on the east coast, then drive to the west coast and see it set... XD

@CooperationIsKey: Is the condenser still draining?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:31:50 )

@Wildfire: I could totally do that. I've never done that before. I've driven to the west coast and seen the sunset but I've ever done both in the same day haha.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:32:11 )

@Totalanimefan: I do have tea, though it's getting warm way too fast for my tastes (I like it extremely cold lol). But we still have ice so it's not horrible.

@Wildfire: Roommate was checking it and said everything looked normal (she's used to maintaining the thing over the years as she's the homeowner) which is.. honestly worrying because it means it may not be an easy fix. x.x

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:33:11 )
@Totalanimefan: It's just one of those goofy things that I think would be fun and quirky to do... and, as you know, it's completely feasible given that from east coast Florida to west coast is only about 3 hours of driving! XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:34:42 )
@CooperationIsKey: Hmmm ... yeah... if it's not the "regular maintenance" stuff, you're likely to get rather warm. Maybe the storms that are supposed to come by later will help cool things off?

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:36:31 )

@Wildfire: I heard roommate on the phone so I'm hoping that means she contacted someone, but who knows when they'll be able to get here. What I really dread is when it gets super hot in here and I can't sleep, because I have a really hard time sleeping when it's hot.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:36:54 )

@CooperationIsKey: Ice for the win.
If it gets really bad you could hang out at a library.
@Wildfire: Yes. And I will be driving from one side to the other to see my fam in Ft Myers.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:37:29 )

@CooperationIsKey: Damn such bad timing but at least you got a fan to cool off a bit. Make sure you drink plenty of water and I hope ot gets fixed soon.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:38:27 )

@Totalanimefan: I dunno if the library's even open with it being a holiday. If it gets awful I might suggest we go to the mall for a few hours lmao. But I feel bad for the animals. My isopods probably won't care as long as their enclosures stay damp but the dog and bird I feel a bit bad for.

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/6 17:39:09 )
@CooperationIsKey: I hope somebody is willing to come out, then... and that they're able to fix the A/C. No A/C here is a serious thing!!

@Totalanimefan: Exactly (and how did I know you were going to Ft.Myers?)

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.