Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Global Backfire

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 07:42:28 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack could feel the pain through him, but he was an expert at not letting it show. He just smirked at her, looking her dead in her eyes.

"Don't threaten ME with a good time." he told her.

"And I wasn't really speaking ill of her, Vanessa." he then said.

"If anything, I was complimenting her. She was kind, gentle, a fine example of... well... tolerance and acceptance." he said further.

"I'm merely saying that YOU'RE disgracing her with your actions." he sneered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 07:54:16 )

Vanessa just smirked before withdrawing the blade.

"Once you die after the rune is fixed, what the hell can you do?" She asked.

"You'll be a spirit, and even if you're a reaper again, you won't be able to do anything to those that are alive."

"And yes, you're a dark elf, but you can still bleed out."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 08:15:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Some blood was already trickling out from the corners of Jack's mouth, but he still chuckled.

"I have no real complaints." he said.

"I shouldn't be alive anyway." he reasoned.

"Still. You keep pushing your luck, and eventually it's going to run out." he warned her.

"It's almost a shame we're so far apart." he sighed.

"Even if we share the same name, you're a woman after my own remorseless heart." he told her in a mockingly-romantic tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 08:19:56 )

"Suck my dick." Vanessa said simply, venom in her tone along with a nonchalance.

"I am careful, I don't let it run out." She added as Madison suddenly dropped to her hands and knees. As she did so, there was a pulse of her mana. It mixed with the rune, it was coming off of her in waves, but was barely even a fraction of a percent of her mana overall. While down, she met Jack's eye before looking to the blade that had run him through. She didn't say anything before using a blade that was laying on the floor and slicing her hand. The blood the well forth was what she used to correct the rune.

And they could feel the bubble of mana growing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 08:41:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The bubble almost caused them all to fall again, but they managed to stay on their feet.

Jack then sighed, and shook his head.

"And here we go." he said.

"And thus, it beings." he mumbled, before looking at Sammy.

She saw the look in his eyes that said it was in motion now. She still had her anger inside her.

This was probably getting close to when she could do whatever she was thinking.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 08:46:29 )

Sammy didn't say anything, couldn't. She was too pissed and hurt that the elf had done something so horrible. She knew that there was nothing she could do for the moment. However, she was collecting her mana. She knew what she wanted to try to do, but didn't know if she could.

The bubble continued to grow as Madison corrected the rune, before she got to her feet, made her way back to the center ring, and met Jacks gaze, as if to ask if he was ready. When he nodded, she just stomped a glowing foot on a specific point of the rune, the bubble of mana they could all feel burst, violently. Everyone felt the chill of death over them for a second, but it really didn't last long.

"And it is done." amdison said, seeming most certainly weaker than before. That had taken more out of her than expected.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 09:03:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as that happened, Jack felt different.

The wound he'd received was now fully realised to him, mentally.

"..." he was silent, before bringing a fist up to his mouth, and coughing slightly.

"Well, damn." he said.

"Guess this'll be it for me." he chuckled.

"Thanks for nothing, you rotten sprout." he told Vanessa.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 09:13:37 )

Vanessa didn't say anything before looking to Evan.

"Go use your rune on her." She ordered. "Let her remain useable."

Sammy didn't like that. As her brother started to head closer to Madison, Sammy tackled him to the ground.

"No!" She exclaimed. As he went to create the rune to have it reach out to their grandmother, Sammy punched him.

That did nothing, and Vanessa was approaching. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and Sammy's mana was acting on its own by this point, and a slightly glowing fYrane rune was starting to cover Evan.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 09:33:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....damn it." Jack cursed.

"You little-" he started to say to Vanessa as he started to follow her, before falling onto one knee.

'...wound's worse than I thought.' he realised.

"Vanessa, I'm warning you." he then said to Vanessa.

"Don't you DARE do anything." he growled, coughing again, but a little more violently.

"Damn it, this body's more frail than it was back when I was naturally alive."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 11:07:41 )

Vanessa didn't say anything, completely ignored what it was that Jack had said, as well. As she walked, she had her short sowrd in her hand, as she withdrew it from Jack's abdomen.

As Vanessa reached the twins, the rune that was crawling over Evan faded into his skin with a pulse of mana. The only one that seemed unaffected was Sammy, as it was her mana, her rune. She just held fast, not doing anything and praying for her brother to be all right. As she felt him return the embrace, she allowed herself the chance to relax a bit, and was about to get up... before she realised she couldn't. For the moment, she couldn't feel anything beneath her ribs, and after a moment, she realised why.

Vanessa had thrust the blade into her spine, severing it. She then withdrew it with a cruel smirk.

"I know you won't die and stay dead, but I also know that my mana will grab hold better on a fresh revival." She told Sammy before finishing her off, and throwing her form down onto Evan. Madison just sighed, but there was a smirk to her voice. She could have interfered, but ... she was loathe to admit that she honestly didn't want to. She'd sacrifice her great-grandchild to kill the elf, as she knew this was a one in a million chance.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 23:14:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Jack didn't say anything, before standing back up, like his injuries were nothing. On his face was a scowl. An honest to goodness scowl. One that Madison had never seen on his face before.

"I have very mixed feelings about what you just did." he told Vanessa.

"On one hand, you've now sealed your fate." he said to her.

"...on the other, you're broken the ONE cardinal rule that we elves NEVER break." he then said further, looking at the now-dead Sammy.

"..." he was then silent once more, before looking at Madison.

"Shall we be off?" he asked. "And watch this unfold?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 23:17:33 )

Madison just sighed.

"Jack, I'm still alive." She told him.

"Care to rip my soul from my body, then? as you'll be dead soon enough - if you aren't already." She added after a moment or two.

Vanessa, meanwhile, just rolled her eyes.

"What the fuck are you going on about?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 23:39:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack just laughed. It wasn't hearty, it wasn't cruel, it wasn't anything... except dark. Dark, and confident.

"You'll see." he said.

"With your actions just now... you're worse than me." he told her. "Because you crossed a line that no elf should ever cross." he finished, before forming a super-concentrated orb of mana in his hand, and throwing it hard at Madison.

If nothing else, the sudden influx of his mana, followed by it withdrawing when he died, would be too much for her, and would kill her there and then. Which was fine, she needed to be dead, anyway.

He then looked at Vanessa one last time.

"...you disgrace your mother." he spat at her, before his body started to dissolve before her eyes. However, it also looked like there wouldn't be the typical mist left from a dark elf's natural passing... probably because this was nowhere NEAR natural, and his body probably hadn't been brought back to full capacity in that regard.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 00:02:15 )

Madison didn't let out a cry when the mana hit her, but she was knocked back a few paces. The force of the impact, the strength of the mana, was rather ridiculous. She could feel the curtain of submission falling over her, and quickly at that. Her last thought before her heart stopped from the overload of mana was that she was sorry about what had happened, but she knew she couldn't stop it.

Her body did the same as Jack's, leaving her standing there - just not on the usual plane that they could see.

".... Well, at least she can finally be stopped." She commented as she watched, seeing the sparks where Sammy's body was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 00:39:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack just sighed heavily.

"I don't like the cost." he said.

"It sickens me." he growled further, in a tone Madison genuinely hadn't heard from him before.

"Well, anyway." he then muttered. "I'll be heading back to my own home, where the others will probably poke and rib me." he told her.

"Think we need to tell anyone about this?" he asked.

"Or should the news be spread naturally?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 00:46:37 )

Madison paused a moment before sighing.

"I doubt it will take long for the news to spread naturally." She commented.

"Chances are those that are looking for the twins here will find them easily enough, now." she added after a second or two.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 01:09:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, he sighed.

"Fair." he said.

He then looked at Sammy being reborn, before looking at Vanessa.

"...whatever Elizabeth has planned for you... it's not enough." he said quietly.

With that, they noticed that his soul was starting to fade away a little, and he just smiled at Madison.

"Bye for now." he told her.

"Guess I can't escape the pull of my new old home."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 01:15:39 )

"Go. Thanks for killing me." MAdison said, legitimate gratitude in her voice.

"I'm going to go orchestrate Gregory's death." She added with a sigh. "Because I can't stay here to watch what happens."

---

She appeared, on the plane where neither could see her, before sighing as she looked to the one on the couch. She took on a corporeal form before shaking her head.

"Hey Gregory." She said with a smile. It had been easy to find him once she'd returned to her position.

"Miss me?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 01:37:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"...yes." he replied.

"Yes, so much, you wouldn't actually believe it." he told her.

"Anyway, so I was told by the djinn what's been happening and what you and Jack set off to do." he then revealed.

"...and judging from your entrance, I'd say it was a success." he said further.

"Damn Encrae." he grumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 01:42:22 )

Madison just sighed.

"Well, it wasn't all for naught, at least." she said before setting her bear, since she actually had it again, on the coffee table in front of him.

"Whenever you're ready to die again, just take the bear. You know what it'll it do to those who are living." She added.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.