Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Global Backfire

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 00:57:15 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp seemed to be stunned for a bit, before he shook his head.

"That... was a lot of info to take in at once." he commented.

"Just know that even though I carry the name 'Encrae', I'm not your enemy by association with Vanessa." Jack assured him. "I'm an enemy for entirely OTHER reasons, but this is a situation of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'." he added.

"Right." Sharp responded.

"Well, if he needs to be watched, we can assign a guard to him-" he told Rylie, before Jack interrupted.

"Or just ask Kiczys if she wants to." he suggested. "She's strong enough to keep me on a leash."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 00:59:29 )

"And they know each other." Rylie added. "... technically, as he's her boss." She added, thinking about it.

"What kind of relationship DO you two have?" She then asked the elf, her voice honestly curious.

"Like... yeah. Should we as living people here be worried? And what would stop you from using your mana on her?"

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 01:18:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack just rolled his eyes.

"Seeing as we're both alive, the relationship between myself and Kiczys is best described as 'acquaintances'." he told them.

"As for the living people here being worried, perhaps a little, but I wouldn't say it's noteworthy." he went on. "For the same line of reasoning that stops me from using my mana on her." he continued.

"Wraiths cannot be mind-controlled. At all." he then said. "Granted, that stems from the fact that they are single-minded and think of nothing but the target of their anger and unrest, but the point still stands. You cannot command a wraith. They refuse to listen. Even when mana is used to try and force the issue." he informed them. "Kiczys, while not a 'wraith', technically, has some aspects of it, making her resistant to dark elf mana." he then said.

"I see." Sharp commented.

"Secondly, the mana boost she got from Anubis not so long ago fills in the gaps." Jack continued. "Simply because the sheer strength of it would quash and destroy any dark elf mana that went into her body." he revealed.

"That also makes her far stronger than me, and she could very easily expend her full power to torture me without risk of killing me." he added. "So it's well within my best interests to play nice while she's keeping a watchful eye out on me." he finished.

"Ah, yes, speaking of dark elves, and Encrae in specific..." Sharp then said. "We've learned that Vanessa Encrae is, in fact, responsible for this disruption in the life and death cycle." he told them.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 01:21:09 )

Rylie paused before just sighing, heavily.

"I can't say I'm surprised." She commented.

"Now, the question is WHY the fuck did she do this?" She asked, fully realising that he likely wouldn't know. "Since elves are ones to respect the natural balance, and we know she does."

"Ah, right. On that note, I'm gonna go and try and find her. We had a suspicion, of course, along with possible locations for where."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 01:48:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp raised an eyebrow upon hearing that.

"Really." he said.

"All theories." Jack told him. "It probably happened at a nexus somewhere that isn't in North America." he said further.

"That would make sense." Sharp agreed.

"And if Vanessa is responsible for this, then chances are this was literally the biggest mistake she's ever made, in the most literal sense of that phrase." Jack then revealed. "As messed up as I was in life, I DID respect the natural balance." he told them. "I was just too violent and brutal, and wasn't doing the dark elves' reputation any favours." he shrugged.

"...that's fair." was all Sharp could say in response.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 01:59:36 )

"So Emerald and I are going to go travelling to the few that I can think of for where this could be." Rylie commented before htey all heard something through the door. It sounded like Sharp's receptionist was trying to stop someone who just ignored them and opened the door.

"I'm going with." The redheads tanding there said, her arms crossed, a serious look to her eyes, and the blue of her right eye seeming to glow ethereally.

"And if you reject it, I'll just follow." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 02:19:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The three of them looked over to the one that was there, and Jack just sighed.

"Madison." he greeted her.

"And before you say anything, you KNOW she won't be held back." he then told Sharp.

Sharp just leaned forward and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I know, I know..." he said.

"Have to say, dying didn't treat you too badly." Jack said to Madison. "You look as good in life as you did in the afterlife." he complimented her... mostly being an ass at the moment, but meaning what he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 02:24:04 )

"...... And now I want to set you and Gregory up going toe to toe and see who can stand the longest." Madison commented.

"But thanks. I was blessed with good genes." She added before looking to Sharp.

"And he's right. You can't stop me. I told you upfront that I wanted to help. I know that I can fix this, as I'm reasonably certain all of us that were revived realise that it was necromancy used to do it." She then said.

"However, I wouldn't be surprised if the necromancers used for this in the first place are ... uhh... as close to dead as they can be, without actually being dead. Unless they died before the rune properly took effect, and that could have caused the backfire..." She continued, thinking about it.

"And if that's the case, the question would be how to reverse it anyway... that I don't know. I'll have to see the rune before I can even attempt or hope to come up with a reversal, and that, sadly, won't be a guaranteed success."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 02:44:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I know." Sharp sighed.

"I won't try and stop you." he said.

"It's a fool's errand, and I know that." he lamented.

"Right." Jack muttered.

"I guess we're all going out on a journey, then." he told them.

"Because you do NOT want me here without her?" he warned Sharp, gesturing to Madison. "She and Rylie are the only ones that have the best chances of keeping me in check."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 02:57:17 )

"And even then, if I've got Jack coming with me, then fuck it." Madison stated.

"Rylie, stay back. Take care of things here. I know where they are, and Jack can use his mana to get us from place to place without risking issues to you." She said, her voice kind.

"Wait, what?" Rylie asked, obviously a bit surprised.

"I mean... yeah. Just... what? Why?" She then added.

"Because I don't want to risk you in that bitches clutches." was Madison's answer

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 03:31:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"She has a point." Jack told her.

"You're strong, but not immune to dark elf mana." he said.

"Mine's probably stronger than hers is, but you don't want either of us to control you." he told her.

"But realistically, she would stand a good chance to get you... and you do not want to risk being turned against your man." he warned.

"Madison and I are the only ones that could probably stand toe-to-toe with her right now, but we also have nothing to lose." he went on. "We're supposed to be dead and gone, so at this point, we may as well be reckless with this chance we've been given."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 03:35:19 )

Rylie was silent, obviously trying to figure out a way to argue this, before Madison just looked to Hal.

"Stop her and whatever plans she's making." She stated. "You know she'll listen to you. We're dead, and she's never been one to listen to Jack, not really." She added.

"Hey!" Rylie exclaimed.

"I'm here, stop talking about me as if I'm not." She stated, sounding annoyed.

"Look, Rylie, I like you too much to sacrifice you." Madison said simply.

"I'm reasonably certain that the bitch can't use her mana on me, mentally anyway, which makes me damned near perfect for this, and we know that she won't be able to use it on Jack. Dark elves are immune after all." She continued.

"You're alive. Like, legitimately alive. She'd use and abuse you, and you know it. Youv'e see what she does to those she finds useful... and I really don't think it'd be a good idea for her to have a dullahan under her control." She added, which caused Rylie to pause. She hdn't actually considered how much damage could be wrought if the elf did get one such as her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 03:57:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed deeply.

"Rylie." he said.

"I say this not as your boss, but as a friend." he told her.

"I don't want you needlessly risking yourself." he continued. "You're not immune to dark elf mana, and we both know that Vanessa has her ways of getting what she wants. Or WHO she wants." he went on.

"With you under her control, you could be used against us. Or Emerald." he then said further.

"Are you willing to risk that? REALLY willing to risk it?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 04:04:47 )

Rylie was silent, sighing heavily.

"All right, fine." She said, giving in.

"Just... all right. I concede your point." She added with another side.

"Smart girl." Madison commented before looking to Jack.

"So Jack... I assume you know where we're going."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 04:26:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack was silent for a moment.

"Ahhhh..." he stammered.

"Maybe?" he said.

"Rylie's entire venture out was to investigate possible places where the ritual could have taken place." he told her.

"Our best guess is the possible nexus that is Stonehenge." he then said further.

"There's no proof of it being or not being a nexus, but if it IS, it's the one place that would reliably amplify mana enough to make death not applicable."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 04:30:28 )

"Yeah... nexus locations." Rylie commented.

"Was going to check Kilimanjaro and the bermude triangle as well." she added. Madison nodded.

"Good to know." Madison said simply before looking to Hal.

"I'll let you know how this goes." She told him simply. "But... while gone, could you do me a favour? Find Gregory for me, please? Make sure he's all right."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 04:49:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal nodded in response.

"I will certainly do my best." he told her.

"All right then." Jack muttered.

"Rylie, you have a man to get home to." he told Rylie.

"Madison, you have anything to do here before we go?" he then asked Madison.

"Anyone to say goodbye to?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 04:51:44 )

"The only person It might be good to say anything to, is Ty." Madison commented.

"Do you happen to know where he is? Not sure he'd take me just vanishing well. I know that he's not super close or attached to me, but even still." She added.

"If not, it's fine. This is something I don't know if I can really take too much time with." She added. "Since the balance is rather ... well... fucked at the moment."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 05:12:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't think he's currently in the building." Hal told her.

"Guess we're going, then." Jack said.

"Provided this works, you'll have plenty of chances to talk to him in future. Whenever he decides to continue making a mockery of what I and the concept of death itself stand for." he went on with a smile... but one that had hidden malice in it.

"Same as that damned Fyrane phoenix." he continued, before pausing.

"...if only they'd been around when I was alive..." he said in a chillingly whimsical tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 05:14:22 )

"Leave my family out of your psychotic daydreams, Jack." Madison stated warningly.

"For now, we'll head out. Jack, pick a nexus, and let's go." She then said. "As your mana can be used for that, while mine cannot."

[b]"... Good luck."[b/] Rylie then said

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.