Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Global Backfire

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 03:00:15 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, we're here to fix this crap." Jack told her.

He then paused when she asked him about helping her brother.

"We'll see." he said.

"Whether or not I can isn't the question, it's whether I should." he told her.

"Doing what I did for you, to him, may harm him more than is acceptable." he continued.

"So we'll need to see the state he's in."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 03:05:45 )

Sammy nodded.

"Yeah... all right." She said before sighing lightly.

It didn't take long before they reached where her brother was being kept. She wasn't sure what it was that they were going to meet there, but she knew that he needed whatever help that he could get.

When they turned the corner though, they found the elf they were looking for there, and Evan in front of her with her hands on his shoulders as red seeped in.

"Evan!" Sammy exclaimed

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 03:24:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack just narrowed his eyes at Vanessa, as he saw what she was doing.

Evan didn't seem to respond at first... before he slowly looked at the group that was there... and his eyes locked onto Sammy's.

"...." he was silent for a moment, and then looked confused.

"...hello?" he said confusedly.

"How do you know my name?" he asked her.

"Do... I know you?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 03:27:46 )

Sammy was completely silent as Vanesa just laughed.

"Perfect!" She exclaimed.

"Now there won't be any other interruptions.? She added before looking to Madison as Sammy just stood where she was, silent, still, her hands balling into fists.

"Well, at least you're one that will be able to fix this. You and this cat can work together." She stated calmly, not even noticing Jack.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 03:47:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack just crossed his arms over his chest, clearly unimpressed at Vanessa. However, he then saw Sammy's hands balled into fists, before he placed a hand on Madison's shoulder, just to stop her from potentially getting caught in what might happen.

"Don't." he said quietly to her.

"And you." he then said to Vanessa.

"You really have NO idea what you're doing, do you?" he asked.

"For a dark elf, you're rather stupid." he said, not even in a taunting manner.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 03:54:40 )

It was about then that Vanessa seemed to realise that there was another elf there, and when she noticed his tiny ears, she just shook her head.

"Great. It was you." She commented.

"hwo the fuck did YOU get revived but not the others?" She then asked after a second or two, not aware of his actual position.

"And give me one reason why I shouldn't try and deal with you now."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 04:13:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack just shrugged.

"You've got bad luck, I guess." he said, figuring the less she knew about his afterlife right now, the better.

"As for your other question, don't make me laugh." he then said to her.

"Try and deal with me now? Yes, that's the operative word right now; try." he continued. "Your mana isn't as strong as mine, you don't have the fighting and killing experience I do... you've merely had your cronies and slaves do your dirty work, for the most part." he said further.

"Also, you have other problems to deal with right now." he added.

"Like fixing that fuckup." he finished, gently placing his foot overtop one of Sammy's, in a silent gesture to tell her to wait. To not do anything drastic.

Yet.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 04:16:44 )

Being that close to her, Jack could feel her shaking. It wasn't violent or extremely bad, but she was shaking, and he could tell it was from rage. Pure, unadulterated, rage.

"Look, take me to the rune. I'll fix this." MAdison said, stepping up as she bounced a ball of her mana in her hands.

"You know I can, Encrae." She added. "And you know it'll be easy for me." She added.

"The problem is that I need to know where hte rune is. Let's not have me wandering blindly trying to find it, shall we?"She added. Vanessa shrugged before looking to Evan.

"He'll lead you there, as he was part of it." She stated simply.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 04:37:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Then let's go." Jack said, as the three of them stepped out of the way, allowing Evan to blindly walk out of the room, with Vanessa following. Madison then followed, but Jack stopped Sammy before the two of them could leave.

"Patience." he whispered.

"Wait until this is fixed." he told her.

"THEN go nuts." he finished, before they left the room as well.

It helped that Sammy could sense the irritation and anger in Jack's tone, so he at least was feeling somewhat the same as her.

The question was... why? He didn't know Evan. He had no connection to him... so why was HE so angry?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 04:41:19 )

Sammy was silent as she listened to Jack, trying to bite it back and having one hell of a hard time with it.

"Fine." She managed to get out after a few seconds. The venom in there was quite apparent, however, it wasn't aimed at him, and he knew it. She wasn't sure why she had to wait, but she also knew that she did have to.

"Let's go, before she does anything more to him." Was the last thing she said before heading to catch up to the others.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 05:13:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The two of them then caught up with Vanessa, Madison, and Evan, and Jack just looked around as they walked.

"Gotta say, I'm impressed." he said.

"I'm considered a blight on the dark elf race, and a blemish on the name 'Encrae', but... damned if YOU aren't gunning for a close second." he told her.

"You've done a LOTTA messing up in this world." he chuckled.

"But your mother's SO proud." he added with a cruel smirk.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 05:17:55 )

Vanessa didn't say anything for a few things, but when she did it was calm and collected.

"The difference is that I am actually trying to restore the elves instead of destroy them." She commented.

Meanwhile, Jack could tell that it was taking literally everything that Sammy had to avoid lashing out. She wanted to so desperately, but realised that she couldn't, at least not for the moment.

She had to wait.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 05:35:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack gently placed a hand on her shoulder, and seemed unfazed by Vanessa's retort.

"Because kidnapping and torturing children to become soldiers is an excellent way to do that." he said.

"Absolutely. Flawless." he said further.

Then, before anyone could really say anything more, they all felt the mana from earlier get oppressively strong.

"...wow." Jack then said.

"Legitimately, I'm actually impressed you managed to conjure up THIS level of necromancy." he told Vanessa.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 05:44:01 )

"It was thanks to the cat and his cousin that I was able to really do it." Vanessa commented.

"And it failed." She added with a growl.

"But I can fix it." Madison then said. "And it shouldn't take me too long either, to be honest."

"All I need is to --" she started before Vanessa just looked to her.

"Get to the rune, I know. It's through that door."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 06:08:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"All right then." Jack said.

"Kiczys, it's your show now." he told Madison. "See if you can't get the world back to the way it's supposed to be." he said further.

"Yeah, you really messed with the natural order." he told Vanessa. "If the goal of this was to literally doom the world itself, then you succeeded admirably." he added.

Evan just blankly stepped forward and opened the door, allowing the mana to show JUST how strong it was. It almost brought them all to their knees, save for Madison.

'...and cousin?' Jack then thought.

'Wait... the hell is on about with that?' he wondered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 06:15:24 )

Madison just stepped into the room, and it seemed she aquired an honest glow, where were what lookd to be chains of her own mana wrapping around her as well.

She made her way to the middle of the rune, while the others stayed by the walls, and door, for some protection, and studied every step. She walked around, studying the rune, trying to figure out what it was that fucked up precisely.

"Can she really fix this...?" Sammy asked Jack. Her anger was still there, still quite evident in her postiure, but her voice was more curious and concerned than anything.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 06:50:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack nodded in response.

"I'll bet anything she can." he said.

"She is THE strongest necromancer on the planet right now." he told her. "Her power surpasses anything in the past, and anything that came after her." he said further.

"I have utmost confidence she can right what's happened." he finished.

She could hear the certainty and confidence in his voice, too. She could tell he wasn't say this just to assure her, or taunt Vanessa. He believed the words he was saying. Beyond a shadow of a doubt.

"Be thankful." he then said to Vanessa.

"There's someone that can actually clean up the mess you made." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 06:55:09 )

Vanessa just smirked.

"And it's someone who continues to prove herself useful." She added.

"what do you mean...?" Sammy asked, her voice almost scared.

"I mean that it's thanks to her that the Necromancer used for this was born. She was useful for that, and will be useful for this." Vanessa answered calmly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 07:19:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It's true." Jack confirmed.

"The details are sordid, and suffice to say what she orchestrated makes her a stain on the dark elves' legacy, but it's because of her, that your mother was born. And her sister, your aunt." he told Sammy.

"And she feels no remorse for it, either." he then said.

"Because of the things I've done in the past, she feels it's completely within her right to make other people's lives miserable." he went on.

"Then again, dark elves rarely have a regard for others wellbeing." he then shrugged.

"Still. It's a wonder that one as gentle and kind as Syraene could produce such a rotten crotch-fruit."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 07:21:50 )

Jack had barely managed to get that last bit out before he found Vanessa in front of him, uncomfortably close, with a short sword piercing through him.

"Do not speak ill of my mother." She snarled.

"I know you can't die. Doesn't mean I can't torture you." She added

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.