Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Global Backfire

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 01:22:16 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just smiled weakly.

"...good." he said.

"Now, go." he told her.

"Stop her." he finished, flopping down again and coughing quietly, though she could see there was pain in each cough.

It seemed that he was suffering a fate arguably worse than she had been. Arguably.

But she had little time to ponder it, as she noticed Azari was still walking, and she needed to keep up.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 01:24:29 )

She didn't know what else to say, so she didn't try and say anything. Instead, she just followed Azari, knowing that she really did need to.

They contnued on, reaching where her aunt was, to find her alone. The older elf didn't look up from what she was working on at the desk when Azari stepped inside.

"Azari, please. I'm busy." She commented. "I don't have time for you and your libido." She didn't once look up as she spoke, but when she heard the sword being withdrawn from the scabbard she did.

"No. I think you do have the time, Auntie."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 01:40:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Before her, she saw her niece. Kelly. And the young woman did NOT look happy. Before she could start to ream out Azari, though, she looked and saw that his pupils were crimson red.

And it wasn't HER mana.

Kelly had taken control of Azari's mind, and he was her puppet now.

Azari just stood there, now. His orders from Kelly had been fulfilled, and he was now awaiting new instructions.

But not from Vanessa. In fact, he wasn't even acknowledging her. He couldn't.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 01:54:49 )

"Close, lock and seal the door. I do not want any mana getting out." Kelly said simply, plainly. After he'd done just that, Kelly just grinned. It was dark, it honestly looked like she was giving in and embracing the dark elf part of her genetics, something that she'd been repeatedly ignoring and suppressing for so long.

"And you..." She started, addressing her aunt.

"You can't kill me." was all Vanessa said, her voice cocky, confident.

"This will still be cathartic." Kelly snarled before thrusting the blade into her aunt's chest, where it had been pointing.

Vanessa let out a cry of surprise, shock and pain. The look of shock on her face was the last thing that was there, as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 02:21:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Unbeknownst to anyone in that complex, a pair of individuals had been watched the scene unfold on an orb of mana acting like a looking glass. They watched as Kelly rammed her sword through Vanessa's chest, and the male of the two sighed.

"Well, that's a signal if I've ever seen one." he commented, taking off a ring, and allowing his skin to turn black, with red cracks that looked like lava forming over it... as well as two horns to appear on his head.

"Time to make our entrance?" he asked the female.

"And what's the first thing you're doing?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 02:26:27 )

"Depends. Are you going for the girl?" was her response as she locked her golden eyes on his.

"Yeah, I can deal with those toxic fumes better than you can." was his reply. She nodded.

"You do that then. Me? I am going to go and make sure that those within are treated as they need to be." She told him before holding a hand out to him.

"Shall we?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 02:50:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He nodded in response.

"We shall." he said, taking her hand.

With that, the two of them disappeared from where they were, and appeared directly in the complex, at a 4-way intersection of corridors.

"I'm going to rescue Kelly and take care of that damn wood elf." he told her.

"We have any plans for this entire thing, again?" he asked.

"Or are we pretty much acting as individuals, and scramming when we need to?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 02:54:05 )

"The only thing we were told, is to make sure that those that need help get it, and those that are too far gone are removed from this plane. Ah, and while we raze the place, we presevert he structural integrity of the landmark above, along with the nexus, and seal it off. Completely. Once done." She tol dhim simply as she scanned the area around them.

"Even's God's patience has run out regarding this place." She added with a sigh.

"Anyhow, shall we? We do have a decent amount of work to do, there are a lot of souls here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 03:18:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Her statement about God's patience having run out in regards to the place may have been said softly and gently, but the words sent a shiver down his spine. It genuinely scared him for a moment.

Those words meant trouble. And a lot OF it.

"Yes." he said.

He then took a small breath, and dashed off in the direction of Kelly and Vanessa. He saw Azari guarding the entrance to the sealed-off room, and ignored him for now, concentrating his mana in his hand, and slamming it into the door, causing it to swing open.

"KELLY!" he shouted in, hoping the deterioration of Vanessa's body hadn't started yet.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 03:22:55 )

Sure enough, the room was already pretty well filled with the mist that came from a dark elves dead body, but Kelly was still on her feet. When he made his presence known, she looked over, shocked, surprised, but with her sword aimed at him after quickly removing it from her aunt, her blade was emanating with her mana, just as it had before.

"Azari, deal with him." She stated, her voice a bit strained due to the emotional turmoil catching up, along with the mist. She kept her sword pointed at him though, ready to defend herself if need be as Azari did as he was told.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 03:42:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel just cursed as Azari raced towards him, thorny vines wrapped around his knuckles.

"Fine." he growled, reaching out and grabbing the wood elf by the face with one of his hands.

"I was going to kill you anyway." he snarled, as his body radiated with hell mana.

"You were always under the protection of that damned contract, and it's a shame you die without knowing what real fear is, but whatever." he finished, as his clawed fingernails dug into Azari's head.

Then, in one movement with his arm, he flung Azari deeper into the room, and Kelly could hear the bones in his body break as he slammed into the wall with enough force to actually do some damage to it.

"Kelly, I'm here to help!" he exclaimed to Kelly.

"Come on, before Vanessa takes your life, even in death!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 03:52:52 )

Kelly was silent as she watched Azari be thrown to the side, hitting the wall with enough force that were it not stone, it likely would have at least cracked.

She looked back to Azazel after a moment or two.

"Who... who are you? How can I trust you?" She asked. "For all I know you're here because of her" She added, her voice betraying how she was honestly scared. She didn't want to die, but for all she knew....

"I'm Azazel, I'm a demon, and I'm here on behalf of the Unit in San Diego." Azazel answered.

"Come on, before the room kills you. I won't get in the way." He promised. Kelly paused, hesitating, for a few seconds before sighing and figuring it would be better to die to him, than the remains of her aunt if that was what was going to happen. She didn't sheath her sword though, kept it ready as she approached.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 04:18:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel just sighed as she kept her sword at the ready.

"Come on, come on." he told her.

"When you get out of here, I'm sealing this room again." he then said.

"I have someone else here that's helping me, and chances are she's prioritising helping your cousins." he said further.

"I don't want any of you to die here. You deserve to go home to your families." he continued.

"I swear on... I dunno, Kiah? Is that enough for you to trust me?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 04:21:59 )

Kelly was completely silent, not know what to say for a moment.

"I'm already giving you a chance and walking toward you. That not enough?" She asked him after a moment or two, realising that he was likely just trying to ease her mind. Her time there though... For the moment, she was a bit jaded and snide, and she knew that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 04:56:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel just sighed.

"I suppose that's the best someone like me can hope for." he muttered.

"I just don't want you to die to this damn dark elf death mist." he told her.

He then looked as Azari lay on the floor, motionless, but twitching slightly.

"...damn." he said.

"Guess I shattered just the right places. Looks like he's trying to move, but can't."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 04:58:51 )

Kelly was silent as she looked over to Azari again. She didn't say anything, just continued out of the room as she started to cough, and they weren't pleasant. However, she wasn't going to take pity on him, help him in any way.

"Hey Azari! Feel evertything!" She called to him with a growl.

"Bastard." She added before pausing and looking to Azazrl, ".... thank you... so much."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 05:17:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Before Azazel could respond, they heard Azari cry out. And it was a howl of agony. They heard his mental pain, AND his physical pain.

"Geez..." Azazel said. "I think he's feeling the pain of the broken bones, the mist, and the pain of losing the woman he loves." he told her. "Brutal." he said further as she exited the room.

He then followed and slammed the door shut, using his own mana to seal it temporarily.

"You're welcome." he told her.

"Now, you have a choice." he said.

"You staying here to try and help, or are you going home?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 05:24:26 )

"... I'll hang out and help." Kelly answered.

"Help clean up the mess that my own family made." She added with a heavy sigh. She had some guilt about it all, about the fact that she was part of the same bloodline. she figured that the least she could do was try and help clean it up after all.

"Plus, let's be real... my mana might be needed to get some of the more broken people here to actually cooperate." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 05:49:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel was silent, before placing a hand on her shoulder.

"It's appreciated. But don't feel you are obligated to do this." he told her. "The sins of your forbearers are not inherited by yourself." he assured her further.

"You also raise a fair point about your mana." he added.

"...oh, and I was wrong. You don't have a choice of where you're going after this." he then said, the phrasing almost ominous. But before she could react, he continued. "You, as well as any other that Sariel deems worthy, will be taken to the Unit in San Diego for medical treatment." he said, his tone denoting that he would accept NO arguments here.

"Let's go." he told her.

And so they did. Admittedly, there wasn't a whole lot left to do, as Kelly, Evan, and Sammy were the priority rescues here... however, when they met up with Sariel, she had the twins with her, as well as Caelia, Ayla, and Chris. Evan and Chris looking the worst of the lot, but Chris a lot more so.

"...I've agreed to cooperate with authorities, and tell about everywhere else in the world Vanessa's left her mark, or has some secret bunker." he explained.

"Ah." Azazel responded.

"Sariel, are you going to take everyone to the Unit?" he then asked the archangel. "My mana isn't great for teleporting others as... uh... well, it goes through Hell." he muttered.

"If you want, I can start destroying this place and get a head start on it while you do that." he offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 05:53:12 )

Sariel nodded.

"You do that. Just remember to keep this place structurally sound." she said.

"I will be back to help with that. Should I go to the front?" She then asked, referring to where in the Unit to appear. "Or would the medwing be better?" Meanwhile, Kelly made her way over to her cousins, wrapping her arms around them both and refusing to let go. Sammy, of course, returned the embrace

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.