Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Global Backfire

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 06:14:05 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel thought for a moment.

"Right to the medwing." he told her.

"I'll call Sharp and let him know about it, so he won't freak out at the direct new mana in the Unit." he said. "And he can tell Angela about it, so she can expect it as well." he added.

Meanwhile, as Kelly hugged him and Sammy, Evan weakly wrapped an arm around her in response.

"...ngh." he mumbled quietly.

"Pain..." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 06:19:53 )

Sariel nodded.

"Of course." She said simply, looking between those that were there.

"Contact him. I am going to get them to wherethey can get help." she added before waiting. Once he told her that she could go, which was a few minutes later, she vanished with the group, appearing in the medwing, where they were expected. Sariel didn't hang around though after ensuring that everything else was good.

She returned to where Azazel was.

"Want some help?" She asked from behind him.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 06:37:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel had just been assessing the place, checking its structural integrity and such, and when she appeared where he was, he looked back at her and smirked.

"Sure thing." he said.

"I think I know a way we can get this place to collapse in on itself and make it useless and impossible to get back in, while destroying everything inside, yet still maintain the topside monument, and the nexus here." he told her.

"So let's get this done." he suggested, cracking his knuckles.

"We've got a mess to clean up."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 06:48:04 )

Sariel nodded, puzzling over how that could be done.

"then let's get it done." was all she said.

---

She was silent as she took a seat in her office, knowing that this phone call needed to be made. She wasn't sure how he'd take it, and in the end didn't want him to be rushing out half dressed or something, so she knew she'd have to be careful.

After some deliberation, she sent a text.

Hey babe, I need to talk to you about something. I'm stuck at work for a few more hours, could you make your way out here when you get a chance? Thanks. Love you.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 07:10:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She was left with silence for about 3 minutes or so, before she received a response.

Ok. it read.

Before she could respond or anything, another popped up.

I'll be there. At some point. Give me 10 minutes. Or 20. Depends. the next told her.

I'll get there within an hour. the last one concluded.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 07:14:55 )

No worries. I just ask that it's before the sun rises, please. She replied with before sighing. This was a convenient chance for something anyway. Hal had told her about a flower on the roof that needed some TLC. Terra wasn't around at the moment, or she could do it, but she was on the other side of the world helping with something at the request of the Triad. The nest best thing, were the fae that Angela was close to.

She'd already agreed to take it home, but she needed it to be transplanted before the sun rose, otherwise it would have to wait until the next night.

That wasn't the reason why she wanted him here, though. There was something more, but that was a convenient excuse.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 07:36:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Normally, because of his mana, the one that was coming could just teleport into the med-wing, and his mana was recognised, so it didn't set off any alarms. That's not what happened this time.

She could always feel when he teleported in, his mana was VERY noticeable, especially to her, seeing as she lived with him, but she didn't feel it this time. Instead, she heard sluggish footsteps...which then turned into quickened ones, and a knock on her office door.

"I'm here." he said, his tone a bit confused, but hopeful.

This meant he actually teleported to the main security checkpoint, and walked down to the medical wing. Something he almost never did.

And this was about 25 minutes later.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 07:44:47 )

She made her way over and opened the door.

"Hey there, Zeke." She said with a soft smile.

"I think the Tiger Trap Vine is already packed up and ready to go, should be just up and on the roof." She told him simply.

"IF you'd grab that and take it to the backyard back home, that'd be fantastic. I'm not sure I'll be out of here before daybreak, myself."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 08:04:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Zeke was silent, and she noticed he looked distracted.

"Huh?" he muttered.

"Oh, the Tiger Trap Vine, yeah." he said. "Yeah, I'll... I'll... do that..." he said.

"Angela?" he then addressed her.

"Am I going nuts and experiencing mana hallucinations?" he asked.

"Because... I SWEAR I can sense Excalibur."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 08:05:52 )

Angela just smirked.

"Oh yeah. There's that too." She commented calmly.

"Last door on the left." was all she said as she made her way back to her desk to finish up some paperwork she needed to do . She didn't think he'd hang around long enough for a conversation anyway.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 08:22:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as she turned around to head back to her desk, he was gone. And she knew that, she'd heard him.

He hastily made his way to the door that Angela had mentioned, but stopped at it just as quickly as he'd run there. He was awash with mixed feelings of relief and guilt, as he shakily reached for the knob.

He gulped heavily, before just sighing and grabbed it, turning it, and opening the door.

He was then silent, before slowly peering his head in.

He had no idea if she was awake or asleep, and didn't want to risk waking her up if it was the latter.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 08:26:54 )

When he poked his head in, he found the one he was looking for sitting on the bed, doing something on her phone... or at least a phone.

"Hey." She said, not looking up.

"Stop skullking out there and get in here. You're letting the heat out."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 08:43:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke then noticed that the room was, indeed, at a much higher temperature than the rest of the wing. It wasn't unbearable or super-uncomfortable, but it was definitely noticeable.

He quickly stepped inside and shut the door behind him, before sighing.

"...sorry." he apologised.

"........you all right?" he then asked her after a pause.

"How... how ya doing?" he asked further.

He was almost afraid to hear her answer, or take what was potentially coming to him. But he knew whatever was coming, he deserved it.

That was his mindset, anyway.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 08:46:09 )

Kelly paused, locked the phone, set it aside before getting to her feet and making her way over. She didn't say anything before wrapping her arms around him.

"Good to see you again." She said, her voice sincere.

"And.... I'm all right." She admitted. "Could be better... worried about my cousins.. but I'm all right." Thre was a hesitation, because there was a part of her that really wasn't all right, but overall? She would say she was, and wasn't sure that was inaccurate.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 09:03:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

To say Zeke has been surprised by the hug would be an understatement. He was almost stunned, but after a few seconds, forced himself to return the embrace, lest she feel it unwanted, which was not the case.

He could hear the hesitation in her voice, though. And it stung at him, as he felt personally responsible for it.

"..." he was then silent, before biting his bottom him.

"Well... that's... that's all right..." he got out, before deciding that he was through making this awkward forced small talk.

"Kelly, I'm sorry." he apologised. "It's my fault that you were kidnapped. I failed to protect you. I failed as a guardian angel, as the one that was teaching you, as one that was responsible for your well-being while we were training." he continued.

"...I'm so sorry..." he repeated, his tone quieter, and his voice quivering slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 09:06:48 )

Kelly puased before stepping up, meeting his gaze.

"Wait, what?" She asked.

"No no. Zeke, you're the reason I'm alive." She told him honestly.

"If I hadn't any idea how to wield that sword - both physically and regarding the mana element - I never would have been able to actually do what I needed to." She continued.

"Let's... just say that my aunt is no longer a stain upon this Earth."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 09:27:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke paused when she said all that.

"Ah... I..." he stammered.

"What? Really?" he asked her.

He then pondered ALL she said, before the last statement clicked in his mind, and his eyes widened a little.

"Hold on, hold on." he said.

"Vanessa Encrae is... gone?" he asked. "Dead?" he asked further.

"...and... and from what I'm hearing and perceiving, are you saying that that final blow was dealt by you, and because of our training?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 10:58:50 )

Kelly nodded as she sat down on the bed again.

"Yeah." She answered.

"It's thanks to you that I knew how to use the sword to boost my own mana. Without it, I never would have been able to trap Azari and have him take me right to her." She told him honestly.

"Thrusting it through her I probably could hae done without, but ... the mana boost, knowing how to access it... I couldn't have done THAT without you. So thank you, so much."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 22:14:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah!" Zeke exclaimed.

"Yes, that does make more sense." he admitted.

"Well, good thing I decided to lay the groundwork for the capabilities of the sword before actually training you to swing it around." he then said. "Looks like that paid off far better than we could have ever anticipated." he commented further.

He was then silent once more, before sighing quietly.

"...hey, Kelly?" he then addressed her.

"I'm not calling you out, nor am I going to say anything to anyone, but... I can tell that some part of you isn't really okay." he revealed. "It's... I'm good at reading souls that way." he said. "And... it's understandable that you're not 100% fine or anything. I wouldn't expect it." he admitted.

"But if you want to talk... or vent... or anything... and you're not sure WHO to go to... just... gimme a call or something, okay?" he offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 22:17:40 )

Kelly was silent for a moment before smiling softly.

"Thanks, Zeke." He could hear the sincerity, the gratitude, in her voice.

"I don't... I have no idea what I'm going to do for the moment, just... I appreiate the offer."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.