Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Global Backfire

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 05:34:22 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack had almost been getting a bit of a freakishly excited look to his eyes, before it disappeared when Madison spoke up. At that point, Rylie got a glimpse of just how strong Madison was, if that was all it took to bring Jack back from teetering over the edge.

"If this works, we'll be dead soon." he told Rylie.

"As for where to go, there's a place where breathing is stupid hard, a place that's unreliable, or a place that might not even be a nexus." he then said to Madison.

"As it stands, our best bet from the limited knowledge we have is to head to Stonehenge." he suggested. "A necromantic rune was used to do this. Madison, you'll be able to sense it if it was used there." he reasoned. "Stonehenge is a smaller area for a potential nexus and/or rune, so we should be able to knock it out of the way quickly if it's not the location we're looking for." he added, before standing up.

"I assume you'd prefer us to teleport away outside the building?" he asked Hal.

"It'd be preferable, yes." Hal admitted.

"Let us be off then, my dear." Jack then cordially said to Madison.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 05:36:49 )

"My dear?" Madison asked. "Since when have you cared about being cordial?" She asked

"But yes, let's go." She agreed with a nod before waving to Hal and Rylie and leaving the office with Jack.

".... Can we really trsut him?" Rylie asked after they were gone, concern to her voice.

"And her to keep him reigned in."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 05:57:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I don't know." Hal admitted.

"But I saw a brief glimpse of what Madison can do. What she did in a fit of rage, as brief as it was... it scared me, Rylie." he told her. "I'm not even affected by necromancy, really, but I had this strange sensation... and the best way I can describe it is 'when one's soul starts to separate from one's body'." he explained.

"Not like it was being pulled away, like the Fyrane mana does, but like... a tether had been severed, and the soul was free to float away." he added chillingly.

"If there's anyone we can trust to keep that man in check, it's Madison." he finished.

Meanwhile, Jack and Madison had made their way to security, and Jack waved at Jake.

"See ya!" he said.

"Madison and I are off to die!" he declared cheerily.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 06:02:38 )

"At least, with any luck." Madison said with a sigh.

"I'll see you later, Jake." she said before pausing and turning to face the guard.

"Ah, right, I saw Anya the other day... before this bullshit happened." She started, "She's stuck below for the moment, but she swears she's safe. It's the whole liaison position stuff she's gotta deal with. She asked me to let you know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 06:22:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake just sighed in relief.

"Good to know." he said.

"That's a bit of a load off my shoulders." he admitted.

"Heh." Jack chuckled.

"A spider-demon and a lizardman. Will wonders never cease." he commented.

Jake just rolled his eyes a little.

"Whatever you're doing, good luck with it." he told them.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 06:33:04 )

"I get the feeling we'll need it." Madison commented.

"See ya." With that, she waved, and they stepped outside. She paused and looked to Jack.

"well, you've got hte mana for transport." She said before looking around.

"Let's go."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 06:53:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack just nodded.

"All right then." he said.

The two of them were then wrapped up in a sickening darkness that almost seemed to cling to their bodies and suffocate them, causing the world to go dark... before it suddenly dissipated, and they found themselves behind one of the stones at Stonehenge, hidden from view.

"We're here." he said.

"Let's get to exploring."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 06:57:18 )

It was almost instant. Before the mana in the air that Jack couldn't properly feel, brought her to her knees, and it was before Jack's mana faded.

She was silent though, the chains on her skin seeming to gain some strength.

"Found her." She said after a few seconds as she carefully got to her feet.

"And it's strong. Extremely strong."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 07:20:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...well then." Jack muttered.

"That was fast." he said.

"Lucky break we came here first, then." he said further.

"Question is... where IS she, exactly?" he then asked.

"And how do we get to her?" he inquired, looking around and peering from behind the stone.

"Because nothing's around HERE."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 07:26:04 )

"Lucky break indeed." Madison answered before sighing.

"As for how to get to her, I have absolutely no idea. The bestI can say is that it's here, but... not here. It's going to be stronger as we get closer... and to do that? We're going down." She added after a moment or two.

"And that's the bestI can say." She added as she looked around, not sure what it was that she could find around there, but certainly hoping that she could find something, anything, for how to get to where they were aiming to go.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 08:09:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack just narrowed his eyes as Madison said all she did.

"Underground, huh?" he asked.

"Guess this IS a nexus, it's just deep below the surface. Deeper than they usually get." he commented.

"Now... wonder if she knows we're here..." he then muttered.

"If not, we'll need to find some way in. Some opening, or some sort of pad or area used for teleporting." he went on.

He then walked out from behind the stone, and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Hmph." he muttered further, before pulsing his dark elf mana down into the ground below him. It would serve two purposes. The first it would do is give him some echolocation for any other dark elf mana there... and the second was it would probably be very irritating for any dark elves down there.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 08:21:23 )

Madison was silent before following him, not knowing what it was that she was supposed to expect of this.

"well... here's hoping that you get someone's attention." She said.

"If not, I think I know how." She added, an ominous tone to her voice as she leaned against one of the large stones they were by.

Sure enough a few minutes later, they were both thrown away from each other, hitting stones hard, extremely hard. They were then bound up with vines, holding them to the stones more than a little tightly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 08:39:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack was surprised by this, but hardly looked worried.

"So THIS is the welcoming party, is it?" he muttered.

He then sighed and looked like he was trying to physically burst from the vines, but he was pouring his dark elf mana into them causing them to wilt and decay alarmingly fast.

He then cracked his neck and looked over towards Madison.

"Need help!?" he called to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 08:45:04 )

Madison just smirked before a glowing rune started to spread across her, the vines, and the stone, before they broke apart and she dropped, trying to breathe. She'd hit hard enough that she'd be fine, but the wind had been knocked out of her for the moment.

She forced herself to her feet quickly though and just struggled to take a breath or two before speaking.

"Whoever you are, tell your Mistress that Madison Kiczys is here to clean up her fucking Mess!" She called out to the air, knowing that someone was there, had to have been obviously.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 09:03:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack just sighed and shook his head.

"That should do it." he told her.

Sure enough, about 2 minutes later, a robed figure that could have been mistaken for a cultist of some kind stepped out from behind one of the stones, and gestured for them to follow.

"...well then." he muttered.

"Clever." he said.

"Her followers can roam about if need be, and they'll be mistaken for one of the many cults or religions that considers this place to be sacred and holy."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 09:08:46 )

Madison didn't say anything as they followed. She had no idea what it was that was going to happen here, or next. All she knew, was that she really did need to do whatever she could here, as the natural order did need to be fixed.

They were led into a small, dark, room and left. The door was locked when the person left, and Madison just sighed.

"I don't drust this for a second." She commented honestly.

"We're not far from that rune fuck up. I'm reasonably certain it's still active too." She added.

"It might be a case of it just needs to be canceled... but it could also be that no one can get in there TO cancel it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 09:25:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jack shook his head.

"Nothing ABOUT this is trustworthy." he told her.

"And yeah, I can practically feel it." he then said.

"But if she knows what's good for her, she'll let you try and fix this mistake of hers." he continued.

"If nothing else, so she doesn't have to deal with MY being alive any longer." he went on.

"Because... if there's anyone that harbours a grudge against me, it's her." he then told her further.

"Odds are she blames me for all the bad things that've happened to her family." he said. "And she'd be right to."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 09:29:16 )

Madison was silent as she looked around.

"The problem, is that the longer that rune remains active, the more damage done." She commnented.

"I do wonder if she even realises just what her fuck up is." she then said after a second or two.

"I know she likely realises that something happened, but I do wonder if she knows what."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 22:27:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmmmm..." Jack muttered, thinking about it and scratching at his chin slightly.

"Good point." he said.

"Well, we're not going to get very many answers staying here." he told her. "Or, at the very least, we'll get answers more quickly if we decide to take the initiative." he clarified.

"So what say we test the security of that locked door?" he suggested.

"Try and take a self-guided tour of this little vacation spot." he added, walking towards the locked door and examining it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/24 22:43:15 )

Madison was silent for a moment before chuckling.

"You do that." She said. "I'm going to test the walls." She added as she started to wander around the room, a hand dragging across the walls as she was trying to find the mana she felt, figure out what direction.

The lock, meanwhile, was easily breakable Jack found. It was a standard, however boosted, lock that he was used to seeing when he'd been alive before. It was a dark elf lock, something that mortals couldn't rbeak, at all.

-

"Of all people..." She muttered, obviously unhappy and unimpressed as she watched a screen before looking over to the elf she was with.

"Here." She handed him an orb of mana. "Go make sure the bird is properly affected and send her to them." She adde.d "We both know she'll fight it and have some clarity, but in the end, if she's not my pet, she'll be his."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.