Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Global Backfire

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 00:08:56 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

He sighed heavily as the woman before him made the request she did. He looked at the smoldering pile of steel and flame that used to be an automobile, and the man on his hands and knees, crying softly.

The figure just shook his head and raised a finger to the woman, before brandishing the large scythe he had been holding with two hands. He brought the blade down, swiping through the man and causing him to vanish in a fine mist.

Once that was done, he removed the black hood attached to the black cloak he was wearing, revealing his red-striped hair. He looked at the woman again, and then closed his eyes, seemingly concentrating on something for a few seconds... before opening them again.

"I can't, either." he told her.

"I just tried with a concentrated effort, and I can't sense them, either." he confirmed.

"Samantha and Evan... I can't find them." he lamented with another sigh.

"I'm sorry, Madison." he apologised with a shrug.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 00:17:05 )

The woman, Madison, that he was addressing just sighed, heavily.

"That...." She started.

"No chance sensing them, not in the books.... what the hell happened?" She wondered, knowing that he couldn't rightly answer that. There was no way to, after all.

".... Is it possible to remove the existence of a person, a soul, like that?" She asked, almost sounding scared - but not quite to that point, yet.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 00:53:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man crossed his arms over his chest and was silent for another moment, thinking about it.

"...well... it... IS, but... the ways to do that are... FAR more... bombastic, shall we say?" he told her. "We'd know about the erasure happening FAR earlier than the actual erasing." he reasoned.

"And I know what you're thinking already." he then said.

"While that is, unfortunately, a very possible and plausible scenario, there IS another consideration." he told her.

"They may have plane-shifted." he posed.

"Remember, when a soul is no longer in this dimension, even if it's just one ripple out, we can no longer sense it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 01:52:12 )

Madison paused a moment.

"I..." She started.

"... Gregory, I hadn't even considered that." She admitted.

"you able to handle the world without me for a bit? I have to go hopping to try and find... family and all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 03:54:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory just sighed quietly.

"Go." he said.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned, as well." he told her. "I want to know what's going on." he continued.

"Because I know your daughter is distraught over this. Rightfully so." he went on.

"The least you can do is try and find some answers."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 03:57:09 )

Madison was silent for a moment before nodding.

"thank you." She said before sighing, heavily.

"... I'll be back as soon as I can be." she then promised before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek, lingering for a few seconds later than one might expect.

"I love you, Gregory." She said before stepping back, fading from view.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 04:38:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Gregory was silent as Madison said what she said and did what she did before she vanished, and then sighed quietly.

"And I, you." he responded in an even quieter tone.

He then looked towards the night sky, before disappearing from where he was in a fine black mist, appearing again in a manor he knew well, in front of a young woman he knew well.

And he knew she could see and hear him right now.

"Don't try and call your mother." he told her.

"She's gone shifting to try and find your children." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 04:42:22 )

The woman in question was silent for a moment before looking up from the map she had below her on the desk.

"I.... What?" She asked after a moment or two as she set the crystal shed been using down.

"Do... Do you two really think that's possible...?" She asked, both fear, and hope, in her voice, and face.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 05:02:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It's always possible." Gregory responded.

"All it takes is one ripple out, and we can't sense them any longer." he told her.

"So yes. It IS possible. Highly unlikely, I admit, but still possible." he continued.

"I know what we're all thinking it is, so I won't pontificate on THAT any longer, but suffice to say, if there's a chance, it's still a chance." he went on.

"But I'm letting you know that your mother is out of contact for a bit."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 05:30:59 )

She was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily.

"Thank you."She said, gratitude in her voice.

"If I were to try and not get an answer... that ..." She paused before meeting his gaze.

[b]"I really don't think that would go well for me, at all."[b]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 05:46:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Probably not." Gregory agreed.

"Hence this preemptive information." he said.

"No, I don't know how long she'll be gone, but I'm sure either her or I will come back here with info, whether good or bad." he then told her.

"For now... keep believing." he continued, this time a little more quietly.

"Your kids are resourceful and scrappy." he went on.

"...there's not a lot they CAN'T handle." he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 05:49:43 )

She just sighed, heavily, again.

"... I know." She agreed.

"How do you think I haven't completely lost myself to this?" She asked after a moment or two.

"I'm holding onto... well.. that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 06:18:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory nodded in response.

He then looked around, shook his head, dropped his scythe and allowed it to dissipate into thin air, and she felt a small pulse of mana. It was then that she noticed that Gregory had lost his mana glow.

And she knew what that meant.

Right now, he was solid. He wasn't a spectre, he was in solid form before her.

He could tell she needed to latch onto SOMEONE that could be seen as a parent. As family. If nothing else, he could give her a brief chance to let any emotions she may have been keeping in check out. Even if for a moment.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 06:30:31 )

She was completely silent, frozen for a moment. It really wasn't hard to tell that her kids being MIA was not sitting well with her. Even Lindsay wasn't taking it too well, but at the same time he had a career he couldn't just abandon. It was helping him, from what she could see, as well, which she was extremely grateful for.

While he was working, she was busying herself with trying to find something, anything, that could help her find their kids. She knew they were adults, but also knew that this was very much unlike both of them, especially their son. He was one that would not ghost or stay silent regarding her at all, not unless something was seriously wrong.

As Gregory stepped up to her and just gently laid his hands on her shoulders, she wrapped her arms around him, letting out a shaky breath as she tried not to break down. They'd been missing for just past a month by this point, and it seemed no one was taking it all that well... not that it was too surprising.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 07:06:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory was silent at first, as Casey wrapped her arms around him. He'd remembered doing something like this many times in the past... for her, and for her mother when she was still alive. He had become a confidant to them... to the Kiczys' line as a whole, really. Not that he was really complaining... it was nice to feel actually wanted and needed in a good way, as opposed to just being seen as some malevolent force to be naturally feared. He responded by wrapping his arms around her as well, and holding her close, gently stroking her back.

"...I'm sorry." he then said.

"I'd do more if I could." he continued.

"For what it's worth, I know they're not dead." he went on. "Not even their names are being penciled into the book." he assured her further. "Not since a checked last, which was recently." he added.

"But if all I can do is be here for you... then so be it." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 07:09:24 )

"I... I know." Casey commented after a moment or two.

"However, with the whole not knowing thing, it really does add up to little, sadly." She added.

"I would prefer them being dead over missing like this, I think. At least then I would know what was going on, where they were, and the like." She added with another sigh.

"This... I can't do anything and it's pissing me off."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 08:06:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I feel the same way." Gregory told her.

"Seriously. I wish I had information for you. But I don't." he lamented.

"I promise you, though, they WILL be found." he then vowed.

"If I have to go straight to fate herself." he continued.

"If it gets THAT bad, I WILL go to her, and I WILL get answers." he said.

That was easier said than done. Especially for one such as him. As a reaper, he ranked WELL below Ana, and seeing her would be impossible, just about. But he meant what he said to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 08:14:10 )

"I know." was all that Casey said.

"I know." She added iwth a shake of her head. "I just..." She sighed before shaking her head.

"I don't know what to do." she added as she stepped back from him.

"And that's the worst part."

"... I feel likea fail of a mother, since I can't help my children. I know I'm not, they're adults an all, but..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/10 08:27:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"For what it's worth to hear it from me, you're not a failure of a mother." he assured her.

"This world is random. Unpredictable. Arbitrary. Indiscriminate." he said.

"We can't prepare for EVERYTHING." he went on. "It'd drive someone insane to try to." he continued.

"Casey, you are an amazing mother." he assured her further.

"Don't beat yourself up over this." he said.

"We'll get answers. One way or another, we'll get answers."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/11 06:54:22 )

Casey was completelyt silent, not knowing what it say. Gregory knew her well enough though, to know that she was listening to him, and likely agreed with what he had said, but that just wasn't how her brain was working for the moment.

She just met Gregory's gaze, and he could see how much she was hoping for him to be right, that the answers would come. However, she really didn't think that they would, at least not easily.

---

She was silent as they stopped at a cafe to get some Coffee... which she'd hate to admit that she acquired an addiction to, thanks to her grandmother.

"I've been told this one does really good coffee." She commented as she looked up to the cafe.

"Want to stop, or keep going?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.