Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Global Backfire

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 06:54:40 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I'm not surprised you're already in the know." Ash responded.

"And yes. I do." he said.

"Kelly is my daughter. Evan and Sammy are my nephew and niece." he continued.

"The guardian parent inside me is screaming at me to go and rescue them." he told her further, before just pausing and sighing.

"But I understand that this needs to be handled delicately. We can't screw this up." he admitted.

"So if you don't think I, or Ashleigh, should go. Then I shall abide by that decision."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 06:59:18 )

"My sister knew immediately, and came to rub it in that she will finally be able to collect the woman." Emelie commented after a moment or two.

"As for the best way to go about it, I, by no means, am one that is good with strategy." She commented.

"I would usually leave that to my archangels." She admitted.

"However... I will admit that I do have some hesitations regarding you two going. Emotions are obviously involved, and I would hate for that to cloud your judgement enough to potentially get in the way."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 07:19:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just sighed. Heavily.

"...and I can't promise my emotions won't get in the way and cloud my judgement." he admitted. "I can say they won't, but... well... I don't know. I don't trust myself to not give in." he admitted.

"You're right. It's... it's probably too dangerous for me to go, at least." he lamented. "As loathe as I am to admit it." he added quietly.

"All I care about is that Kelly and Evan and Sammy get home safe." he told her.

"...and, to a lesser extent, what she did to break the contract." he then admitted.

"Because I can't believe she did something to void it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 07:24:05 )

Emelie just sighed, but there was a definite heaviness to that one breath.

"She didn't know." She answered.

"Probably doesn't know yet." She added honestly.

"What happened? How did she---" Ashleigh started to ask. Emelie just sighed, again.

"A life was sacrificed for the purpose of stopping her, but that life never had a chance to live." She answered, almost cryptically.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 07:48:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash looked extremely confused at that statement.

"Uhhhh..." he stammered.

"Right, whatever." he said.

"That answered the question but didn't at all." he muttered.

"Sooooo whatever." he mumbled further.

"Look, as long as this gets the kids home safe." he then said to her. "...yes, they're adults, but they're still our babies!" he exclaimed, but then froze for a moment.

"...and I just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt I shouldn't be going..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 07:51:53 )

Emelie nodded at Ash's real is a tip. She didn't say anything though, for she realised that she really had no need to.

Ashleigh just sighed.

"I never thought she'd break it that way. She's an elf, we're supposed to respect new life. Even if they are human." She commented with a sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 08:13:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...what?" Ash muttered.

"Ashleigh, you understood that?" he asked.

"...damn it." he then mumbled. "I hate not getting things." he sighed.

"Anyway, I guess the archangels know?" he asked Emelie, changing the subject.

"And will be be just them doing this, or will this be a joint effort between up and down?" he asked further.

"...because either way, that's going to be quite something."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 08:17:05 )

Ashleigh was silent for a momwnt, looking to Ash. There was nothing but a but of pain in. Her face though.

"Vanessa took new life. Someone she killed was pregnant." She told him simply.

"Most likely didn't know." Emelie commented after a moment or two.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 08:39:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The statement hit Ash like a brick in the face.

"...." he was silent, and she could see him seething with rage.

"Unforgiveable..." he snarled, before snapping to a brief moment of lucidity.

"Explains why the contract was broken." he said.

"Well, then." he said further, standing up.

"Don't know whose life she ruined with that stunt of hers, but I'm pissed enough that I'm going to start punching my brother's heavy bags downstairs until my knuckles bleed." he told them bluntly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 08:54:32 )

Ashleigh was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily..

"Go do what you need to." She said.

"Beat on that thing for me too, will ya?" She asked

---

She was silent before shaking her head and looking around. It took her a few seconds to properly process what it was taht had happened, but it wasn't hard for her to figure out. The sword and scabbard she'd been tasked with protecting while there, and for far longer than the elf she'd been answering two had been alive, played a hand in it.

"..." She remained silent before grabbing the sword, the scabbard, and heading off. She couldn't wield the thing, but she was also one of the only people who could actually carry it, could lift it without it weighing her down as extremely as it would others.

She knew where she had to go, and she knew what she had to do.

I can't believe it happened, though. What the hell caused it? she wondered as she made her way through the halls, no one questioning her. They knew she was one that had largely free reign through the place, as she was often doing something or other for the one in charge.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 09:05:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she turned a corner, she saw a ghastly sight. One that she actually hadn't seen before, mostly because this was a recent thing.

She saw Chris. He was sitting against a corner, barely clinging to life. He was covered with wounds so grievous that it looked like he'd been the victim of several attacks. Which wasn't far from the truth.

She'd heard that he was being punished for his recent failure, but... she had no idea that it was THIS bad. She also saw that he had scars all over his body, too. This wasn't the first time he'd been brought to this point.

That's when she realised that Vanessa had been doing this to him on purpose. Bringing him to a state where death would be preferable, and release him from his suffering, but she wouldn't grant him that.

He slowly looked up at her, before flinching slightly, afraid she was going to hurt him... and then wincing from the pain that shot through his body from the flinch.

"..." he was then silent, before slumping back down and awaiting more pain.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 09:11:51 )

She was silent as she saw the scene before approaching and crouching down in front of him, even if he was recoiling from her being so close. She knew that she had immense mana as that was part of why she had the position and title she did, and hoped to be able to help.

She rested her hands on him, one on his chest, the other on his head, and he could feel her mana. It was swirling within him, and while it was painful - and almost torturous, even - he noticed a few seconds later that it was starting to feel better.

A lot better, at that. He was nowhere near perfect, but at least he could breath at the moment.

"We both know she'll be worse with you if you're too healed, too quickly. Where is the draconic elf? Do you know?" She asked after a moment or two.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 09:31:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris was silent for another moment, before a few tears trickled down his cheeks.

"...thank you." he said.

"She's been moved. Holding cell 16." he informed her.

"..." he didn't say anything more, before just biting his lip.

"I don't know what you're planning, but if it's escaping or stopping Mistr-..." he continued, before stopping suddenly. "...Vanessa..." he corrected himself. "... then try and save Ayla as well." he told her.

"She doesn't deserve to be here..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 11:33:14 )

She didn't say anything for a few seconds, just smiled softly.

"I will." She assured him.

"If I'm getting out of here, I'll take her with me." She promised. If you live to see past this hell, come find me."[/b] she added.

"For now, I need to return this sword."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/26 22:35:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris just nodded.

"Do so." he told her.

"...and fast." he went on.

"I don't know how much longer the other two will survive down here before they're both completely broken." he warned, referring to Evan and Sammy.

They then heard footsteps in the distance, and Chris looked a bit alarmed.

"Hurry!" he whispered.

"It'll be too suspicious if you're just hanging around me!" he finished, before slumping back down to his previous position, to make it seem like nothing had just happened.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 00:24:13 )

She was silent before sighing, knowing he was right. She didn't want to linger there and get either of them into any trouble. Especially with what she was trying to do.

--

About twenty minutes later, Azari came to check on one of her, only to find excalibur drawn and at his throat as he was against a wall.

"Care to take me to my aunt?" She asked. "Without warning her, of course." There was venom to her voice, along with a lot of anger, as was exemplified by the dark elf mana that was coming off of the blade slightly. It was channeling her natural mana, and making it stronger.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 00:44:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari was shocked and scared for a moment, but looked angry and defiantly at her... just as the blade seemed to react on its own. Her dark elf mana was coming off the blade, but it then seemed to pool right at the spot where it was touching Azari's throat, and seeped into him.

She watched as his pupils started to shake and quiver, the elf trying to fight it off.... before they turned a crimson red.

"..." he was then silent, before looking at her.

"...yes." he said.

"I will do so." he told her in a blank tone, moving to do so, and scratching his neck a little on the sword.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 00:47:26 )

She didn't say anything, left the blade there for a few seconds before sighing and removing it. She replaced it in the scabbard and just motioned for him to lead her to her aunt. All she knew, was that said woman needed to be stopped, and if this was how it was to be done, then so be.

However, that did not mean she liked it. She knew how destructive her mana could naturally be,a nd she really didn't want to deal with any wanton destruction, but she wasn't entirely against this outcome for the moment, at least.

"Lead the way then." She stated, her voice cold.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 01:06:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azari didn't say anything, and just continued to walk... with her following.

They continued to walk, and they were passing Chris... who looked at them, and then spoke to the one that was in charge between the two.

"...show no mercy." was all he said, and quietly.

"Just don't hurt Ayla. Please." he begged.

"She's as much of a victim as you and your cousins."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/27 01:11:26 )

Her steps faltered as she paused, having not expected to see him in such a state. Then again, everything there had been a blur for the past while, and she didn't even know how long she'd been there, for that matter.

".....I don't plan on it." She told him honestly.

"I doubt my sword would let me."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.