Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:21:25 )

@diavolos: I heard that a lot from places in Europe.
In the US we just clearly wanted to be #1 /s

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:21:39 )
Random question- If you opened a business, what kind of business would it be?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:22:03 )
The hardest part about the states and a lockdown is half the country doesn't think this is serious and we need to get on with our lives, and the other half are like please wear a mask. I live in Florida and our governor has already said he isn't locking us down again, but I get it like Florida lives and breathes off tourists, my company furloughed all its part timers and a couple thousand of the full-timers, another lock down would mean more people losing their jobs.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:22:12 )

I don't feel like I'm good enough at anything to start my own business XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:23:07 )
@Wildfire:

I don't think I have the ability to run a business on my own but if I had any I think a combination book store and game store, half the place for reading the other half could have gaming tables of like board games or TRPG

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:23:10 )
@Wildfire: Already got one! :D I do graphic design and calligraphy! I also wanna open a mini shop online to make lingerie <3

@Totalanimefan: I can't help but feel sorry for the people who genuinely wanna make a change in their country and even the government is being useless D:

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:23:19 )

How have I never noticed that it defaults :o

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:23:48 )
@Fading Kings: Hey, another Floridian! But yeah, I'm frustrated with our governor's actions (or lack thereof) but I get what that would mean for business too. It sucks.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:24:34 )
@Totalanimefan: You don't necessarily have to be good at any particular thing or skill to open a business...

@Fading Kings: {fellow Floridian} yes, it's tough... I'm expecting to see the numbers spike again very soon though, simply because I'm seeing a lot of plates (already!) from other places like NJ. The snowbirds are coming!!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:25:19 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

I haven't seen an increase in mask-wearing here in Oklahoma. Only a slight decrease. T_T

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:25:43 )

@Fading Kings: Florida is a tough one. I've hated for years that FL's economy relied too much on tourism. Like we could have good paying jobs in this state and tourism. But that's another topic.
I would say the best case would be the government taking care of it's citizens while the country goes into lock down. In a lot of countries you are paid 80% of your salary and you stay home. (Or work from home if you can do that and then just get paid normal). There are more than two options. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
@diavolos: Me, me! That's me XD
@kiwi: Ew gross. Everyone in my area wears a mask.
@Wildfire: lol aint' that the truth. I'll think about it while I go to the cafe.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:25:58 )

Ugh snowbirds!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:26:15 )

It's so coooold today. And If I ran a business it would be centered around art , video games, and fun xD

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:26:59 )
I'm not sure what business I'd start since I don't have any particular passions or skills that seem marketable lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:27:54 )
@aisukohi:

Yeah we discovered last night that almost all of Voltra are secretly in Florida, from Florida, or want to go to Florida. I just wish we would have a statewide mandate of masks at least.

@wildfire:

They never left! I remember when lockdowns first started to happen that I was seeing so many New York drivers plates. It was like those that could left before they couldn't anymore :'D
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:29:43 )
@Aisukohi: So sad to see that reptiles are reduced to small-brained, only requiring what they need to survive. They can most certainly thrive and upon being in an environment where stress isn't a constant factor, they tend to show individual qualities. While I'm not versed enough to say if they have "personalities" it certainly seems that way. But that's kind of a tangent LMAO

You're so lucky you have Repticon! I've always wanted to go, haha. We had a local expo out here in WA. Buuuut, my snake got mites from a hide we purchased while we're there :'( I'm surprised Serris didn't hate me after that. She was still so young and I had to put her through so many treatments, but at the end of it all, I was still the person she would climb towards to hold her and bring her back home. I fell in LOVE, bro. She's the goofiest little thing now and I'm so proud I was able to raise her. She's a reason I wake up every day and I so wish I could tell her that lol

Didn't turn me off from the idea of going to another expo, just gotta be more careful. Change clothes, wash everything you bought, quarantine any animals you get from there, etc. I didn't think something like that would be a problem, until it hit me personally haha.

Irrelevent to everything else, but I'm digging this sketch a li'l bit lol

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:31:16 )
@McMoney: Yo that sketch is so cuteeee!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:36:15 )
@Wildfire: thank you, sort of tired, random babbling is fun though

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:37:10 )
@Fading Kings: The thing is that the numbers for covid postive tests (a very different number from those actually being hospitalized) vary tremendously across the state, county by county. IMO a statewide mandate does not make sense; it's best left to the more localized level... which puts more responsibility on the individuals to understand the differences between counties, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, IMO. -shrug-

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/18 21:37:43 )
@diavolos: awe thank you, you have an interesting avatar

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.