Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Breaking Point

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 22:19:41 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe just sighed heavily.

"...I'm a little out of practice with this, all right?" he said quietly.

"And you're right, there IS a connection." he confirmed. "...not sure how strong it may or may not be, considering you said she's becoming distant with her closest friend." he then admitted.

"But I suppose a more... honest... approach may be called for here." he then said. "At least at first." he added.

He then sighed again, and glanced out the window they were sitting by.

"...I long for the day when that dark elf is gone..." he muttered to himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 23:55:29 )

"More honest? Try more human. She's a human, a cursed human, but still... she's human. I don't think she's dealt with anyone invading her dreams before, so that might just not go well." Ebony commented.

"But if you can do anything, that'll be fantastic. IF you can't, then thank you so much for trying, at the very least." She added before pausing, seeming to think about something for a moment.

"Then again, what the hell can you NOT do?" She asked with a light laugh.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 00:15:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe was silent for a moment, seemingly pondering her question.

"Well... can't do anything about that damn dark elf." he growled. "Buuut I blame Liz for that." he told her. "Pretty much everyone up there AND down THERE does." he went on.

"Which... stands to reason. It IS her fault." he snarled further.

"Until recently, I was incapable of moving on after loss." he then sighed.

"Just goes to show no man is an island, I suppose. Even one created to supposedly stand above a mortal man." he shrugged.

"Oh, and I also can't stomach alcohol." he reminded her. "None of us can." he went on. "Last thing this existence needs is an archangel that's under the influence." he shuddered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 00:17:08 )

Ebony paused a moment.

"... That's a detail I always forget." She admitted.

"I always think that it's a case of it just not affecting you." She paused a moment.

"... what DOES happen if you end up drinking?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 00:36:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uh... hm." Gabriel muttered.

"Ok, right, listen, this is just between you and me, all right?" he asked.

"But there's a specific... mana lock inside us, that when alcohol enters our body, it reacts and causes us immense pain, before literally ejecting it out. Like an instant vomit reflex." he told her.

"But, see, we can still taste it. We can swish it and then spit it out." he went on.

"But the boss lady CAN remove it, if she feels we deserve it. Ie: if my brother and his wife go out to dinner for their anniversary, and he, say, wants one glass of wine with dinner." he continued.

"However, that is extremely rare, and Uriel had to promise her it would be 2 glasses AT MOST. And she held him to that." he assured her.

"It's essentially a counter-measure to stop us from screwing up royally, but the occasional exception CAN be made."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 01:25:25 )

"Huh." Ebony started.

"I ... never knew that. Then again, there's plenty that I don't know." She added after a few seconds.

"That's... pretty cool, actually." She then said. "But you own't have to worry about that with Erica. She's terrfied of alcohol and what it could mean for her. So... for whatever that's worth, you don't need to worry about that with her." She paused a moment.

"Her sanity and mental wellbeing, on the other hand..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 01:34:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'LL deal with her sanity and mental wellbeing." Gabriel assured her.

"I will do all I can to make sure that remains intact." he said. "Even if it means I have to resort to measures that cause her to push me away, I'll make sure she is able to sleep soundly, and enjoy her life, without that curse claiming her." he promised.

"After all, I am what I am, and I am WHO I am." he went on.

"It's what I do, and... I chose to do it." he said further.

"I want to." he continued.

"It's a purpose in my existence." he added with a small smile.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 01:44:52 )

"A purpose is always a good thing to have." Ebony agreed with a nod.

"Just... do what you can. Please. I would hate to lose Erica to what ver nearly claimed me." she added.

"You kept me sane before I was abducted." She reminded him. "... I didn't last long after that, either, sadly. You did far more good than I'm sure even you realise."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 02:03:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe looked away guiltily for a moment, and sighed.

"I..." he stammered, silent now, before looking back.

"For whatever it's worth, I'm glad I helped while I was in your life." he told her.

"And I promise you won't lose Erica." he then vowed.

"I'll go see her immediately after we're done here." he said further, before pausing.

"Or... well, when she's home." he clarified.

"...has she been sealing herself away like a hermit...?" he asked her hesitantly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 02:05:07 )

Ebony just sighed, heaily.

"As far as I know, yeah." She answered.

"I can't say for certainly, but yeah, I'm pretty sure that she has been."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 02:25:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, then I need to act fast." Gabe responded.

And so he did. His meeting with Ebony didn't last too much longer, and when they parted ways, he used his mana to get to Erica's place of residence, making sure to land somewhere that wouldn't be too noticeable. That ended up being just behind her place, and he made his way out from behind it, walking towards her front door, when he paused at it, and sighed.

He was about to knock, when he saw there was a doorbell, so he pressed it, hearing the echo of it ring inside the house.

He then took a small step back, and waited, preparing himself for whatever it was that he was going to see. Assuming she answered her door, he was unsure JUST how paranoid and hermetic she was getting, or had gotten by this point.

'...remember, Gabriel... not too forceful, but you need to show that you are here to help, and won't give up on that.' he told himself mentally, trying to stop himself from potentially scaring Erica.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 02:37:43 )

Sure enough, the door opened. It took about five minutes before it opened to reveal the auburn haired woman he was looking for, as she was digging for something in her wallet.

"What do I owe you?" She asked, not looking up. He could hear how she was feeling in her voice, how it was taking all she had to even do as she was. She had to eat, and she knew that, sos he was making it a point to grab some food. How? She was ordering in, obviously. When she looked up as Gabe wasn't saying anything, she paused as she saw him.

"... I..." She stated. "... did not expect to see you at my door."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 03:03:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Gabriel was silent for a moment, before sighing heavily.

"Clearly." he said.

"Given that opening query, I'd wager you're expecting someone else at the door sometime soon." he went on.

"...may I come in?" he asked.

"I'd like to talk to you." he told her.

"About something... quite important."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 03:14:09 )

Erica was silent for a moment, and he could tell she was warring with herself before she stepped aside, opening the door more, so he could enter.

"Want a smoothie, while here?" She asked.

"And yes, I have kiwis."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 03:16:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel stepped inside, and when he heard her mention 'smoothie' and 'kiwis' together, he perked up some.

"...I do." he said, calming himself down.

"However, that can wait." he told her, turning around and looking at her.

"Erica... I..." he started to say, before pausing, thinking about it, and sighing.

"I don't think there's any way to go about this, other than being direct." he muttered.

"You've not been having a good time lately, have you?" he asked.

"...to massively understate it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 03:28:40 )

Erica didn't say anything before just closing the door ocne he was out of the way and leaning against it.

".... Who put you up to this?" She then asked.

"Ebony, I'm guessing." She commented. "Maybe Zeke."

"Come on." She added as she pushed herself off of the door and made her way to the kitchen, figuring he'd follow her. Once in the kitche, she started to make sure that she had everything she needed in order to make him up a smoothie, since she figured that she might as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 03:47:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabriel followed her, shaking his head a little.

"Nobody 'put me up to this'." he told her.

"Ebony DID mention that she was quite concerned for you." he the admitted with a small sigh.

"But please don't blame her for anything." he continued.

"I'm here because... well... I am concerned for you." he said further.

"I've heard that you're suffering."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 03:49:22 )

"Suffering... dealing..." Erica started before sighing heavily as she started cutting some fresh kiwi, "can't really tell the difference by this point." She admitted.

"How much kiwi or other fruits do you want?" She asked.

"Probably going to add some banana, and if I have any, mango." she added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 04:13:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....equal parts for all." Gabriel responded.

"Anyway, I... I think I can help you." he told her.

"If you'll allow me to." he went on.

"You shouldn't be suffering as you are." he then said. "It's not right." he lamented.

"But I can help alleviate you of these horrible nights." he told her further.

"Will you allow me to try and help?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/4 04:17:19 )

Erica didn't say anything as she continued to cut what was needed. She didn't know what it was that she could say, as she didn't want to completely break down.

He could tell she was close though. Her walls were barely holding her minimal emotions together, keeping her her from completely losing it.

".... please... I don't know how much longer I can put up with this." She said quietly.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.