Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Breaking Point

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 04:36:26 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris looked at her when she asked her question, and thought for a moment.

"I... well... I can't say for certain." he told her.

"When I saw she wasn't moving at all, I just... forced my body to get closer towards her, and when I saw she wasn't breathing, all I could think was 'what can I do to fix this?' he admitted." he went on.

"I was... just... well, I felt like it was the right thing to do." he said further.

"It was like some little voice in my mind was telling me that I have the power I do, it's time to start using them for good. To try and help people. Especially those I've wrong in the past." he admitted further.

Now, that could have easily been seen as Ashleigh's mana pushing him to do it, but from what she knew, the mana wasn't actually 'programmed' to make him do so. She had a feeling it was him finally listening to his conscience.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 04:42:41 )

She was silent, not sure what it was that she was supposed to make of that, but also knew that there wasn't anything she could do.

"... Well then." she said simply.

"With that in mind, perhaps you actually can prove to be a decent sort." She commented.

"But who knows? I suppose you can only wait and see. And wait and see waht the legal repercussions are going to be."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 05:14:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Chris sighed.

"Yeah." he said.

"Doubt they'll be kind." he muttered.

"But all I care about, really, is that Ayla is allowed to have her life back." he told her. "She's gone through too much. She deserves a break. If anything, she's one of the worst cases that has escaped from Vanessa." he went on.

"...sorry." he apologised.

"I didn't mean to go off on a tangent like that."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 05:18:04 )

She just shrugged.

"No worries." She commented.

"Sadly, I can't comment on anything that will be done, or what will result from the trials, in the end." She then said.

"However, what I can worry about for the moment, and play a hand in, is your physical state. I am a medic, after all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 05:39:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Indeed." Chris replied.

"Like I said, the chest is the big thing, and the headache is the smallest thing." he told her.

"Everything else falls somewhere in the middle." he continued.

"...oh, one more thing." he then said after a pause. "Well, two things." he corrected himself.

"I asked how Hazel was, but what about Dr. Remmington and Dr. Nicolo?" he asked.

"How are THEY faring?" he asked her.

"They were the closest, aside from me, to whatever it was that happened to Hazel." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 05:49:34 )

She sighed lightly.

"Dr Nicolo isn't faring the best, but e aren't sure how to help him, exactly. The chill that everyon received... well... it does not agree with one such as him too well. Dr. Remmington is dealing with some pretty severe frostbite, but her natural fire is working through that suprisingly well." She then said.

"Beyond that, everyone got a chil, a pretty bad one, but we all came out fine, thankfully."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 06:12:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Chris was silent for a moment, thinking about it.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"He's... he's gorgon-spawn, right?" he asked.

She nodded in response.

"So he's technically reptilian... I mean... hm." he mumbled further, before just shrugging.

"Best I can offer is to surround him in a nice warm bath, and allow his temperature to slowly reach a more stable temperature." he told her. "But, admittedly, I only know this because of... well... the ramaarin here." he admitted.

"If I recall, after he was routinely submerged in ice-cold water, he was put in warm water to save his life. Vanessa's goals being to either create a ramaarin soldier that could withstand cold temperatures, or find out JUST what the limit was for one, before their heart gave out..." he admitted, sounding ashamed and disgusted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 06:14:59 )

"Yeah, that's basically what we're doing." She commented with a nod.

"Or more specifically, Kiah's keeping the room he's in at a rather nice temperature to help him warm up gradually." she added.

"It's just... slow going." she added with a sigh, before pausing. She didn't want to comment on what he'd said about Jake, as she knew all that already. She and Jake had sat and had a few good conversations over the years regarding their treatment while at the behest of that elf.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 06:35:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Chris muttered.

"All I can think of is to give him a couple of hot water bottles and press them up against him for further regulation." he shrugged.

"...also depends on if Hazel had any alignment in any of those manas." he then realised.

"For all we know, one of them was tainted or pure, and THAT might be messing with him." he reasoned.

"Or... for all -I- know." he clarified. "Odds are you've already thought about that and tested and such." he reasoned.

"Anyway, do whatever you need to do." he told her.

"I'll... do nothing, or do whatever you tell me to do."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 07:11:09 )

She just sighed.

"All right then." Was all she said before setting to work. She kenw taht she had to do what she needed to, to ensure his survival.

After she was done, she made her way out to the entry area and took a seat at the desk there. It was her turn to be directing people (as that rotated due to the day), and she was taking a seat there. Along with that, she was planing to work on some paperwork whil there, updates on cases and the like.

With a heavy sigh, she wondered what it was that the future would hold. They still didn't have Ty, Hazel had a mana expulsion that put three people in rather poor state, Miki wasn't taking the situation with Ty well, the wood elf there was completely mute and no one was sure how to communicate with her, and her friend was suffering pretty drastic nightmares that would likely be better classified as night terrors. To say she didn't know what was going to come next, well that was an understatement.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 07:38:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

A couple of days later, she was meeting with her old flame, Gabriel. They had decided to meet in a local cafe for drinks, but the archangel had noticed that she was acting... a bit distracted.

"Hey." he said.

"...you all right?" he asked.

"You seem like you have a lot on your mind. Or... well, one of your minds.." he then mumbled quietly.

"Something I can help with?" he asked further.

"Or is this something you need to work out for yourself?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 07:42:49 )

"There's just... a lot going on." She commented with a heavy sigh.

"I'm just trying to figure out how to deal with it all, myself." She continued. "Because I have no idea. There's not much I can actually do, and I realise that, but ... I dunno. I'm still worrying about it, if I'm being honest. " She stirred the drink she had with her straw, sighing.

"I don't want to bore you, though. You don't need to hear about it all." She added before pausing.

"Well... one might be of interest to you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 08:02:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He was about to insist that he would be there for her to vent, but her last statement intrigued him.

"Hm?" he mumbled.

"All right." he said. "I'll bite." he told her.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"WHAT might interest me, and why?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 08:08:01 )

"Erica." she responded. Immediately, she saw the difference, she saw the concern and desire to protect Erica in his face, his posture as he straightened up a bit.

"Ebony, what's going on with Erica?" He asked, his voice a bit forceful due to concern.

"She's told me that she's suffering severe nightmares. The nights she doesn't, she's just...her mark's acting up and her emotions are severely suppressed." Ebony answered after a moment or two.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 08:29:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe was silent for a moment, before sighing and leaning forward, lowering his head a little.

"...I see." he said.

"Maybe I should pay her a visit." he mumbled.

"The Order can only do so much if the curse is interfering with her dreams." he went on.

"...thank you." he then told her.

"I don't know what all you're dealing with, but I can assure you that I will help with THIS particular concern."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 08:32:25 )

"The rest is relating to the bitch, which you've told me in the past... you can do very little regarding." Ebony commented with a light sigh.

"However, at least helping Erica will be.... a lot. She's a friend, I really hate to see her like this." She added. "She's barely spoken to anyone over the past couple weeks since she's been brought back, and it eats me up inside. I've been there, I know how horrible it is, yet I can't relate to her unique circumstances so much anymore."

If you can help her out as I know you can, that'll be just... amazing."[/b]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 08:55:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gabe just reached out and gently placed a hand atop one of hers.

"I promise I will." he said.

"For you, for Erica." he told her.

"Nobody should go through this... well, ever. And if there's one person that can alleviate her of her nightmares, it's me." he said further.

He then paused for a moment, and thought about it.

"How to properly address this, though..." he mumbled to himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 09:02:01 )

"Honestly, all the help you can give, is all I ask." Ebony said after a moment or two.

"However, I do realise that there can be... issues with that. I'm not sure if she'll even accept any help, to be honest." She admitted.

"She's closest with Az, and even he hasn't really heard from her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 09:25:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I may need to... assert myself into her subconscious." Gabe responded.

"...and yes, I realise that sounded a lot more sinister than it really is." he then sighed, shaking his head slightly.

"I may need to approach her while she is experiencing a nightmare, and... well, defend her from it." he explained.

"Then perhaps she may be open to getting more helps to prevent them in the first place." he reasoned.

"It's the best I can think of right now." he went on.

"I'd ask if you have any ideas, as her friend, but you just said that she's not even talking to her closest friends."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/3 14:53:46 )

"That... could go really well, or really badly." Ebony commented.

"I guess to start... try just knocking on her door?" She suggested.

"If that doesn't work, then go more forceful, but might as well try a nicer method first? Maybe she'll open the door to you. You two already have some sort of connection, don't you? Even if she isn't aware of it yet."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.