Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 15:57:17 )

@Wildfire: That's true but let's remain very hopeful *crosses fingers*
But despite the outcome two events in a row is always fun to have ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 15:58:14 )

@sunny: Is been peaceful so far :3
Love your avi btw~
Hope your day is going well too!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 15:59:39 )
@sunny: Oh hi Sunny! How are you today? You look like you're enjoying a walk in Fall weather! <3

@Purpsy: I'm just guessing at what might be going on behind the scenes here. I'm looking forward to the Reaping Ritual too!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 16:01:23 )
    @Wildfire: that's the vibe i was going for!
    I'm good thanks, just applied for a volunteer position at a charity shop, sorting their old books. I love old books!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 16:02:02 )

@Wildfire: Yeeeeeee owo

Well I should stop avoiding my adult responsibilities and got some stuff done.
Bye for now~

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 16:02:05 )
    @Purpsy: thank you, yours is fabulous!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 16:04:51 )
@sunny: oh! That sounds like it would be a wonderful thing to do! There's something special about old books, isn't there? <3

@Purpsy: lol - good luck with Adulting! XD Maybe we'll catch you later. :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 16:06:20 )
    @Wildfire: it would be fun! I hope they want me! Honestly it's like a dream, spending all day around old books, organising them, finding the rare ones and putting them for sale on eBay.... Fun!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 16:12:50 )
@sunny: that sounds like a really great job - especially for you! I hope you get it! When will you know? Do you have a timeline?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 16:22:33 )
    @Wildfire: idk, they could contact me any time. I'm not expecting to hear anything for a little while though lol, things don't happen fast in rural England XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 16:25:20 )
@sunny: lol. I get that. Still, I hope you find out soon - it's tough to stay hanging with unknowns. It really sounds like a great thing for you to do! <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 16:26:35 )
    @Wildfire: me too, I will be checking my phone constantly lol. Anything interesting happening with you?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 16:36:43 )
@sunny: Not really much going on over here. There's a dog at the door, thinking she wants to go out, but it's raining, so we'll see what happens with that when I try to take her in a minute. Otherwise, I'm trying to do some work for my site and am in that weird middle ground of kind of feeling like doing it and kind of not... so I'm not sure how that's going to play out. Beyond that, I want to play with a no-stitch rug braiding technique later but I might not get to it.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 16:41:17 )
    @Wildfire: oh poor pupper! My dog hates the rain.
    I totally get that feeling, that's me with my writing most nights lol. It's hard to get started when you're feeling like that!
    A no stitch rug sounds interesting! Is it like weaving?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 17:05:46 )
@sunny: Yeah - dogs and rain don't seem to go together too well, do they? As it turns out, it wasn't raining out front, but I'm pretty sure it was raining in the back yard XD

Yeah, this in-between creative mood is a weird thing to deal with. I'm making some progress, but I don't seem to have the level of patience with it that I really should have for what I'm doing, so I think I'm going to just do what I can today -like a rough draft- and try to refine it to the next level tomorrow or the following day.

The no stitch braid is more like a pure braid, but as you braid, you take one of the 'lines' and weave it back through what you've already braided, connecting it all together as you go along (link). It sounds interesting and a lot faster than going back through after everything has been braided and sewing it together, but I'm concerned that the finished product will end up rather bumpy and uneven, which is why I want to do a test before I start working on my next real project.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 17:24:52 )
    @Wildfire: sorry I disappeared, was preparing then eating dinner. Nearly lost a tooth chomping on a lemon pip lol.

it was raining out back but not front??? Weather is weird!

I think if you make even a little bit of progress on your site, then you should be proud. That's my approach anyway XD

Oh! Thanks for the link, photos help me visualise! I've done a project like that before, and you're right, it does tend towards getting lumpy etc. No advice though as I am barely even a beginner. Good luck!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 17:31:51 )
@sunny: you didn't disappear - at least not any more than I did, working on my stuff. Thanks, though. What did you have for dinner?

Yeah, weather is very weird. It's fairly common around here at this time of year for the rain, when it comes, to change dramatically every 1/2 kilometer - drizzling --> sunny --> downpour --> clear --> downpour --> whatever..., so although I wasn't paying terribly close attention to what the back yard was doing versus the front, it wouldn't surprise me if it was raining on one side of my house but not the other!

Thanks for the encouragement on my progress - that's pretty much what I'm going for today ... some progress. Fortunately, it doesn't need to be completely finished today.

So you're familiar with that kind of braiding? It's good to know that my hunch was right about it turning out lumpy. I might do the test anyway, but maybe I'll just stick to the braid, braid, braid, braid some more, then sew it all together approach.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 17:41:45 )

@Wildfire: Awee cutee avi
Adulting task is 90% complete eue

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 17:42:26 )

@sunny: May I ask something? Are those fallen leaves a crate item per chance?

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 17:44:58 )
@Purpsy: awww thanks. Congrats on getting most of your adulting tasks done for the day! :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.