Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 19:39:37 )

@Koah: Thanks! I might add one more item for this one to be complete! That mushroom item from the recent common orb fall might be the perfect fit :3

Yeah ugh I feel you, for some reason I feel more festive for fall season this year.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 19:43:19 )

@Wildfire: Ahh I see, is better to get that done so you'll have no worries drawing next time.
Yeah I know... I'm just... lazy and hesitant about it right now. I'll get around it umm eventually xDD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 19:53:44 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, we really need to do something about this room. There's just so much junk in it right now, it's not necessarily a simple couple-hour-long project (some important files that need a new home, etc., and too many musical instruments!) but maybe we'll try tackling it this weekend.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 19:55:14 )

@Wildfire: Yep then you got a fresh new week to work on your art and other stuff ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 20:00:38 )
@Purpsy: yeah, that would be nice to start fresh, without the eye strain. This needs to be done before the 1st though... But I've given up trying to work on it today- my eyes are killing me. I've actually left the room and am now hanging out with my phone.

I understand about the "being lazy" in opening a shop btw- it's a big investment of time and attention!- but I don't think you're being lazy... Just careful maybe

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 20:09:14 )

@Wildfire: That sucks :/
I hope you lower the brightness on your phone maybe it would help? Or don't use it very often.

Yeah I'm somewhat careful. Is not the first I create an art shop before. I remember it being very time consuming and dealing with quite troublesome customers. But it was overall not that bad. I'm just not sure I'll fully commit to it yet.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 20:21:09 )
@Purpsy: The new fall items are adorable. :3 I got 3 orbs, witch boots, eyes, and .. a lamp stick thing.
I'm totally loving the fall/autumn decor this year. I feel like the last few years have been swallowed up by Halloween decor. Especially Nightmare before Christmas-themed stuff.
I might go to the store and get some fall stuff, or make some stuff to decorate my door or something. C:

@Wildfire: My summer was a bit stressful, so I didn't do enough outdoor stuff on the days that I should have. So I need to be patient until next summer and make sure to do more outdoorsie things. C:
But I'm glad that I had a good first garden year. My zucchinis and strawberries didn't do well. I just need to plant them somewhere else next year and give them another shot then.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 20:26:28 )
@Purpsy: I understand completely. There are reasons why I don't push doing my art on sites like this...

Yeah, lowering the brightness on my phone might help but just getting off the computer where hubby's lights for video calls were bouncing off my screen is helping enormously...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 20:29:39 )
@Koah: What was it about this summer? It sucked! /Annoyed/ lol! Maybe next summer will be better.

I've pretty much given up trying to garden here- it's too... Everything! Too hot. Too rainy. Too sandy. Too dry. And my garden is the only place the grass seems to want to consistently grow! XD. It sounds like you're well on your way to having a successful garden though. I think half the fight of gardening is trial and error...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 21:01:03 )

@Koah: I haven't bought the orbs but I always look forward for unique set items ٩(๑^o^๑)۶

True, fall is very much under-appreciated. I just really love the colour scheme and aesthetics of fall. But have fun with the decorating!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 21:04:56 )

@Wildfire: I see is your eyes better now?
Mhm but I think setting up an art shop here won't be too bad. People are generally really nice here compared to Gaia Online.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 21:07:24 )
@Purpsy: Gaia is it's own beast. I haven't even looked at that site in probably a decade. I'm sure my accounts have been confiscated/frozen/something by now. It was always the lowest common denominator of people... kids, really... which is unfortunate. Yes, everyone here is nice but having an active art shop is still an investment of time and energy. At least here, people would be more likely to understand if you needed to limit the commissions you accept, or if you need a break, or something...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 21:16:36 )

@Wildfire: You said the words right out of my mouth. But it was truly fun while it lasted, back when I was young and didn't know any better. Ended some friendships terribly there too.

I'm fortunate I haven't dealt a lot of terrible customers there, just honestly some sketchy ones the often ghosted me midway working on their commissions. Also made a rookie mistakes of sending them the art first before them paying... Which led to ghosting ugh ( -᷅_-᷄)

Switching here is a big game changer.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 21:35:28 )
@Purpsy: Yes, it's nice to know of one or two "more mature" avatar sites like this.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/24 12:51:28 )

Good morning everyone.

What's in store for you on this fine ...Friday. OH! It's Friday!! <3 I'm not sure how that slipped my awareness, but it did :3 Does anyone have plans for the weekend?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/24 13:58:38 )

Morning. I have nothing slated for today.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/24 14:37:11 )
Good morning AMA. How are you doing?
So you have zero plans for the day today? I guess you're off from work then?
A day completely off sounds really good to me right about now!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/24 14:53:41 )

It's going to be nice doing absolutely nothing.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/24 14:58:38 )
Yeah, I'm a little jealous! It's supposed to be a little cooler and less humid today too, so that's good :3

My day has been a little weird so far - for no particular reason... which is partly why it's a little weird.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/24 15:45:03 )

I have... no idea what I'm doing today
I'm a complete loss =w=

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.