Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 14:23:47 )

I'm good. Little sleepy. I need coffee.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 15:14:09 )
I walked the dogs... and myself.
Did you ever get your coffee??

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 17:31:42 )
@Wildfire: I'm glad the boys are doing better than before. Summers are wild at the age, I get how the one got the GI issues. XD -tries to forget I did the same thing when i was that age-
I could totally use... 3 ingredient snacks or meals. This is difficult because people tend to use spices and all sorts of stuff to stick in food. :c
My roommie introduced me the other day to sourdough bread, cream cheese, and cucumber sandwiches. Super simple. super light on my stomach. <3
I guess I can do small amounts of sourdough bread. but anytime I do other bread, I bloat and get sleepy.
I know what's wrong with my stomach, I got an appointment next week to make sure I'm healthy overall. :O
I feel like a ghost on Voltra now, just sort of floating in and out of the world.. like an apparition. lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 17:44:59 )
@Koah: lol. Yeah. Fortunately my boys are not of the wild sort for the most part and they've been working FT all summer, so hopefully they didn't get in to too much trouble XD

Look at Paleo and AIP (anti-inflammatory protocol) food recipes - some of them can get a little complicated, but others are dead simple and all of them are healthy and "clean". I feel sooooo much better when I eat strictly Paleo/AIP, and you know exactly what ingredients are in your food, which is nice. I do the same thing with bread - I can deal with sourdough and ciabatta, for example, but not most other breads; I get groggy and congested and a little puffy around the 'edges' XD I hope you start feeling better soon. :3 Can I do anything to help you (other than pointing you to those or similar web sites) ??

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 18:00:39 )
@Wildfire: oh my gosh these recipes are looking good so far. It's funny how much of these things I've been craving but had no clue how to make it or how to make it without all the 'bells and whistles' of average American food.
I wanted fried pickles so bad, but the only way I've ever had it was at restaurants deep-fried.
So I did some digging found a basic 3 step process and air-fried them. They were good. but I definitely need to tweak the home recipe.
I see a recipe on the AIP site.
I'm glad I started this transition last year, but it's still a shock to the system to change my entire food lifestyle within a week.

I've noticed my friends and nieces and nephews between 17-23 haven't done that "crazy" summer life stuff that I'm familiar with.
My roommie is 22 and we're close, but my gosh, she's so docile. It surprises me. XD lol! and my 22-year-old nephew has a baby on the way and he just started his own business. it's nuts!
at 22, I was modeling, drinking late nights, and working 60+ hours a week. lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 18:12:53 )
@Koah: Oh good! So happy that you like those sites so far - they are two of my favorites :3
Yes, at least you started down this route already instead of having to go 100% very suddenly. Can I ask what happened and what's going on? If you'd rather not get in to it, I get that too. Let me know if you want other paleo sites to look at or suggestions for cookbooks :3

Yeah... I think the pandemic is having an effect on some of those "typical" activities for that age-group. I know it has affected my 20 year old. My 18 year old is a different story, but he's not getting in to anything too wild. I was a bit crazy at that age - living in Philadelphia/NYC, clubbing, working crazy jobs and crazy hours, tempting fate and testing my guardian angels XD ...... but yes, the last several years I've been seeing more of a trend of these young adults getting married and having babies by the time they're 20(ish)... and they seem stable, content. Honestly, it's a little weird.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 18:32:54 )
@Wildfire: lol! 'testing my guardian angels' is a thought I've had a lot lately. I noticed this generation being rather docile and I actually thought about how much trust I put in myself to not die in some sketchy situations. XD and I never looked back and thought "my god, that was dangerous." but, now that I've stabilized, bought a house, kids are getting older... I've been looking back more often.
I once got caught in a small avalanche at night on a steep mountain pass, and I gassed the petal and flew down the mountain and drove from memory because I couldn't see anything. I obviously lived. I remember realizing it must've been bad because when I got to the bottom of the hill, there was an officer blocking the road off, his face lost color, jaw dropped when I drove past him.
I think I was about 23 then. <.<

I'm going to dig through these sites for a bit, some of the 'yummier' ones are a bit more complicated than I'm used to making. so I need to dig for the simpler things. :d

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 18:42:07 )
@Koah: Yeah... stuff like that!! XD
Yeah, some of the recipes can get a little complicated. I usually simplify them when they are (but I've been cooking and eating this way for a while too). Some of the absolute simplest things to do are sheet pan recipes, or, if you have an Instant Pot, to toss things in that (both these are good for the summer* too because you don't have to babysit the stuff over the stove while it cooks). You might want to do a search for Simple Paleo recipes too - I've had some luck doing that, although nothing specific comes to mind ATM.

*and yeah, I know we're technically in Fall now... but ... Florida.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 18:55:03 )
@Koah: So, I'm not entirely sure what you can tolerate right now, but some of the simple healthy snacks that I go to include things like:

• cucumber + tomato with a little olive oil, s+p
  • tuna, often with ^^ but without mayo or anything else
  • butternut squash soup (I like this brand, although it's not 100% clean for me). They have other soups too that you might find to be a better option. The brand seems to be pretty "clean" as far as pre-made foods go.
  • apples - with a little apple butter or almond butter (or peanut butter; but PB doesn't agree with me)
  • sweet potato - plain, or with a little avocado oil, s+p - mashed, baked, sauteed, turned in to chips, whatever...
  • hard boiled eggs with a little s+p (I don't do this too often). If I'm feeling brave, I'll make a sandwich with them.

I'll try to think of a few other things. I'm a little brain-dead today for some reason...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 18:57:16 )
@Wildfire: It's definitely Fall here. c: Cold nights and warm/hot days. :d Pumpkins at the grocery store in the giant cardboard boxes out front.
I'm currently drinking a light chai and almond milk iced coffee. :3 It's mostly light chai. lol. some coffee is better than no coffee.

I think making a crock-pot soup sounds amazing. I'll have to see what's available on those sites you gave me. <3
OH! My basil plant is massive, so I'm going to try and make a frozen mix of basil to use this winter. It'll be my first time trying to portion something out throughout winter.
My son's pepper plants are all in harvest too. <3 It was a success- mostly. Spider mites took over 3 plants and killed them, so we harvested those early and are letting them ripen on the counter.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 19:01:18 )

@Wildfire: Ughaaa sorry for the late reply =w=;
Well I hope last night dinner was bomb! I had de spaghetts

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 19:01:56 )
@Koah: lol - I'm slightly jealous of your Fall! I'm soooooo ready to put on "real clothes" at this point - I'm tired the tank tops and lightweight shorts that I've been living in lately! XD

Oh yeah... a nice soothing soup might be just perfect for you! I hope you find something on the sites that you can do without much fuss!

Harvest time! That's awesome. You're reminding me that I should go dig up the sweet potatoes...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 19:03:52 )
@Purpsy: Hey Purpsy. How are you today?
Yes, last night's dinner of mango chicken tacos/burritos was a hit. Somehow, we ended up with leftovers too, despite my younger son being here last night (he's 18 and big (6'2", maybe more) and a big eater - especially of my cooking!)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 19:09:15 )

@wildfire: Mango chicken tacos/burritos!? :o
I've never heard such combination!

Awee I can relate, I have one big eater twin brother on my family lel
I'm doing good actually. It feels awesome when you finish an artwork your very proud of or really like

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 19:13:48 )
@Purpsy: mango salsa with shredded chicken, tortillas / taco shells, lettuce, onion, etc. and corn on the cob. It was a good dinner - or at least that's what my guys told me (and I liked it). I may even use the mango salsa on the salmon I'm planning to cook tonight, but we'll see...

Yes, finishing a piece of art is always a good feeling and it's even better when you like the piece! Is it something you can share?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 19:17:58 )

@Wildfire: Oh gawd your making me haaangrrryyy =q=
That sounds so delicious!

Soo true! And your already looking at it~
I've drawn this specifically for my fall theme post style but I might post it on my socials sometime later.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 19:22:21 )
@Purpsy: lol <3 If you weren't on the other side of the Continent, I'd invite you to dinner! XD

I was wondering if your new post graphic was what you were referencing - it's very cute! :3 <3

My art is not cooperating with me today. My eyes feel a little strained and I'm a little tired - not the best combination if you're trying to do digital art - lol! I might just shelve it and try again tomorrow to do some work.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 19:33:41 )
@Purpsy: your avatar is so Fall/Autumn! I love it. <3 Makes me wanna decorate my house for the season. Inspiration! <3

@Wildfire: oh gosh! I love sweet potatoes! <3
I'm over here wishing I had shorts and tank tops I could wear. Too cold for tank tops, too hot for hoodies.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 19:34:54 )

@Wildfire: Awwweeee that would be nice TwT
Thanks! Yep is honestly fun drawing post styles. If I stop procrastinating and create my art shop here already, I might sell some of them here ^^
I wonder if that's a thing here already...

Yeah I get what you mean :/
That was practically me last week then I took a weekend off and by monday I felt ready to draw again. Definitely put yourself and your health first!

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 19:39:30 )
@Koah: lol - always want what we don't have, huh? XD Today was actually cooler than it has been lately, so that's good... but it's still hot.
Oh good - I'm glad you like sweet potatoes - they are so versatile! maybe you can find some recipes with them that you can eat or snack on? <3

@Purpsy: Yeah, I can't work on my art stuff right now - there's just too much glare on my screen that is giving me some eyestrain. We really have to reorganize this room now that hubby is working from home FT and permanently.

You should open a shop. I could definitely use something more interesting for a post style than my little clipart banner XD Too bad I'm broke now from the stupid orbs that gave me a gazillion pair of the witch's boots and not much else...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.