Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 17:51:08 )

@Wildfire: Thanksies =w=
I also need to eat lunch soon I guess.
All I had is coffee this morning...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 17:52:07 )
@Purpsy: yeah, it is about that time, isn't it?
I had some quiche this morning but I should probably find some lunch soon too...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 17:54:06 )

@Wildfire: Yep feels like today is going kind of fast.
Any delicious food in mind? Might eat bagels or instant noodles at this point...

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 17:57:49 )
    @Purpsy: no they're from the new Orb item Master Gourd Gatherer!

@Wildfire: I had Greek salad + whole wheat pitta, yummy! I squeezed lemon juice over it hence the pip. I still have toothache now!!
    Any progress is good progress! That's my motto anyway.
    Yeah I made a little mat/rug in that style a few years ago. I'm not a particularly crafty person but it was a nice relaxing thing to do.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 18:46:58 )
@Purpsy: Today is feeling kind of weird to me in terms of it going fast or slow, actually. It seems like it should be both earlier and later than it is ...

Actually, no, I don't have any delicious food in mind at the moment. I'm feeling lazy today and will reserve my cooking for dinner tonight (chicken mango burritos with corn on the cob)

@sunny: oh! I had some Greek salad last night actually. There's something really yummy about the combination of things in that salad! I'm sorry that your tooth still hurts from the pip - you must have caught it just "right" :(

Yes, I've started doing braided rugs during my "downtime" - watching tv, or when I'm just too tired or unfocused to do something else. I've made two rugs now - a tiny little thing and a larger one (about 4 feet x 3 feet) and am getting ready to start another one. I like having something to do with my hands when I'm otherwise sitting still. I thought I'd try that inter-weaving/braiding style, because the sewing part can get tedious, but now I'm not so sure...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 19:55:29 )
    @Wildfire: It is yummy isn’t it? One of my favourite types of salad. I got the ingredients for it last week so I was kinda sceptical about whether they’d still be good, but they were fine! Except for the lemon that fought back lol.
    Oh wow,, that is a large rug, congrats! What colours is it? What colours do you think you will use for your next project?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 19:57:57 )
morning/afternoon *yawn*
How is everyone today?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 20:22:40 )
-returns after a quick run to the grocery store. again.-

@sunny: It really is a wonderful salad! <3 I'm glad the ingredients were still good and you had a good lunch... except for the lemon XD
Thanks - the rug took a really long time to make - a surprising number of hours went in to it. I don't have a finished photo of it, or I'd share, but it's a lovely teal and gray with some purple and white combination... maybe I have a photo of it mid-process...

@Lina: Hi Lina. How are you today?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 20:25:14 )
I'm good today.
Hoping work isn't too busy, I'd love to chat online. ^^
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 20:26:43 )
Oh, I'm glad you're doing well. It would be lovely to talk with you too, so I hope work is slow and you can chat! <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 20:30:02 )
    @Wildfire: it sounds like a pretty rug! Teal and grey work really well together imo.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 20:33:23 )
@sunny: Yeah, it came out lovely, tbh. So much so that my mom "stole" it before I was even done with it! XD

It's not a great photo and it's not sewn together here - just laid out so I could get a better sense of what it was looking like, but it will give you an idea

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 20:43:02 )
    @Wildfire: oooo that’s really nice! Kudos for making something so lovely, and even more so that your mom had to take it lol. Thanks for the pic, it’s so pretty!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 20:51:45 )
@sunny: Thank you Sunny. I was happy with the way it came out, but now I'm looking to do another - amid my various other projects. I'm beginning to think this stuff is slightly addictive... XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 20:57:06 )
    @Wildfire: I’m not a particularly crafty person, but when I get started with something I really do find it addictive. It’s been a while since I did a project, any kind of project really. The only crafty thing I do is write. I wish I was more hands-on with crafts, sometimes :(

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/22 21:07:16 )
@sunny: I suspect the writing you do is more of an Art than a Craft... to me, there's a distinction (that is, admittedly, hard to define sometimes). For me, I'm a fine artist by trade and education, but I love just fiddling with things with my hands and seem to always be doing something -or wishing I was!- when I'm not "working seriously", so braiding things while I'm chilling is usually a good combination. If you want to get more hands-on crafty, there are a ton of options available - you'd just have to find one that interests you. :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 02:09:41 )

I learned at work today that we are perfectly willing to put out bomb recipes. I came across the Anarchist's Cookbook today.
The only reason it wasn't put out is because it had water damage.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 11:23:51 )
@Another Movie Addict: well, it's a book, right? ... in a bookshop...?

Good morning, everyone.
What is going on for you today?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 13:48:34 )

Good morning folks

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/23 14:21:36 )
good morning AMA. How are you today?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.