Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 19:04:58 )

@Totalanimefan: I know :( I am crossing my fingers and toes for you guys!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 19:52:08 )
@sunny: the harvest moon - that's got to be it!
And yes, thank you - we could use all the finger- and toe-crossing we can get! The country is extremely wound up right now (and not in any positive way)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 21:03:48 )
"The future must know where you've been."

Back from my nap. I feel the same as before the nap, which strikes me weird because you'd think I'd feel a bit more rested.

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 21:14:37 )
@0v7: welcome back. Naps can be weird like that.

I cooked. Now I'm looking up class options for next semester.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 21:14:54 )
... before I have to go cook some more.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 21:16:22 )

@Wildfire: I should figure out what to do for dinner, but also I've got the post-nap daze.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 21:20:02 )
@0v7: Yeah, I hate it when you nap thinking you're going to wake up feeling better but you wake up still feeling out of it because somehow you slept too long or not enough or something

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 21:21:01 )

@Wildfire: I can only imagine it's very stressful to be an American rn. Things are bad here but obviously nowhere near as bad as in the US.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 21:25:40 )
@sunny: Yes it is quite stressful, tbh. There is just FAR too much hate going on, and not enough actual discussion or listening or anything productive... regardless of political perspective. It's not real good. And it's absolutely inescapable.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 21:26:58 )

@Wildfire: :( it's so depressing....

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 21:34:11 )
@sunny: Yes it is.
And there's not much more I can say about it without opening a BIG can of worms that I'd rather not go near ATM.
I just wish people would be nice, more compassionate, less greedy and ego-trippy, etc. -sigh-

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 21:36:17 )

@Wildfire: I understand why you wouldn't want to go into it. It's a pretty sad topic of conversation :( I agree with everything you said.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 21:41:54 )
@sunny: Yes and thank you. I just keep feeling like we're being mislead, fighting the wrong fights, etc. If people would just Be Nice and not be out to "control the world and each other", things could be so much better. Most people are nice and only want the best for themselves and for others. Unfortunately, those people tend not to be in positions of power... and the people in positions of power tend to be extremely egocentric, greedy, and corrupt. So if we're only looking at (& fighting about) the "leaders", we're missing all of the underlying issues...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 21:49:04 )

@Wildfire: hard agree. Power attracts psychopaths etc, and it's the everyday people that will suffer. ARE suffering...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 22:06:05 )
@sunny: I'm glad you understand. These days it seems that just about whatever anyone says (at least here) or how they say it, it's going to be completely misunderstood, so thank you <3

So, changing the topic... I put a pork roast in the crockpot this morning. It should be done about now. I'm going to go make some green beans and rice for the boys, and there's a kale salad that should be ready (I made it about an hour ago). I'll probably make some cauliflower rice for me and hubby too :3

And earlier today I made a big pot of a "warm salad" - with roasted root veggies, ground turkey, onion, swiss chard, etc. that will be lunch for the next couple of days. I haven't been eating real well the last week, so having this ready and available for immediate eating should help. I hope so, anyway! :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 22:08:46 )

@Wildfire: mmm so much food and it all sounds delicious. Although I've never considered a warm salad before, it sounds like a stew?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 22:09:03 )

I never considered turkey for meat options - I was gonna go for fish.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 22:15:45 )
@sunny: It's actually pretty dry - no liquid other than what the ingredients bring with them.

@0v7: oh, turkey is a gooooood meat option (imo, anyway). It's versatile. Of course, fish is good too! :3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 22:19:11 )

@Wildfire: I'm pretty much the only person to eat fish in this household honestly - meats of choice here otherwise are chicken or beef. I cannot Stand chicken, so it's no wonder my cholesterol is not great >_> I'm thinking turkey would be good to sub in for beef - especially ground turkey!

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/6 22:20:16 )
Aha! I found the recipe published online (scroll down a bit)!! I adjust things - add things like cauliflower rice and sometimes a few raisins, but that's partly why I like it so much. It's also really good warm or cold.

@0v7: Yes, it's definitely worth a try. With those two options, I can see why you'd go for fish pretty frequently!!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.