Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 00:56:43 )
@Totalanimefan: Right? It doesn't seem that long in some ways, but in others, it definitely does - but that might be simply because I'm not a stranger to avatar sites -shrugs-

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 00:56:57 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: Right, since the account was banned all the posts are gone - which is good! 18 year old me was...embarrassing...

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 00:57:47 )
@0v7: LOL - natural evolution of a young adult. :3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 00:57:55 )

@Wildfire: I feel you on that. Sometimes I think of some people as Newbies when they have been here for 6 months. lol

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 00:58:28 )

@Wildfire: Seems like my real join date was August 17th of this year! Maybe I should write that down somewhere...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 00:58:55 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I understand. But again, some of that probably has to do with how they present themselves, how familiar they are with sites like this, etc. There are a lot of factors :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 00:59:50 )
@0v7: I'm glad you found that much information at least. Putting it on your profile page or a favorite personal thread might be a place to keep that information :3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 01:00:18 )

@Wildfire: It's on my profile now >w>

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 01:00:31 )

@Wildfire: That's a good point. I didn't think of it that way.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 01:05:11 )
@0v7: BTW, I realized my comment about "natural evolution of a young adult" could be taken the wrong way... please don't misunderstand me or the comment. I just mean that a lot changes between 18 and the early 20s - it's a natural process and important stage of development and becoming who we are. It wasn't a ding on you by any means... (and remember, I'm watching my own kids go through this right now - although they are a bit younger)

@Totalanimefan: Yeah I see it all the time. Some of it is physical or mental age, some of it is experience - and because we're online, it can be hard to tell what's what without the body language or other cues we can use in an in-person situation.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 01:12:57 )

@Wildfire: Oh no don't worry - I didn't take it the wrong way!! I was just distracted with my first account date and my new one >w>
It's nice to hear other people my age go through the process of growing up like that, finding your older self embarrassing :0

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 01:17:25 )
@0v7: I think most of us look back at our 18+/- year old selves and do an immediate facepalm XD
I'm glad you didn't take it the wrong way <3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 01:19:41 )

@Wildfire: 18 year old me was so edgy and it's hilarious now 'cause now I'm like... maybe I want to start crocheting or crocheting as a hobby.... pet some cats... make some tea...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 01:21:49 )
@0v7: you make it sound like you went from teenager to retiree in the course of a couple of years!!
Really, it's whatever makes us happy that's important. There is no comparison between us and the "neighbor" (or whatever) and the sooner we realize that, the sooner we can truly be ourselves and go on to live happy lives. At least that's my experience.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 01:23:28 )

@Wildfire: That's true!! I'm mostly glad I mellowed out, I used to be high strung and anxious. Now I'm... less anxious and NOT high strung :D
I think I'm doing good for where I am in life :3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 01:27:09 )
@0v7: It definitely sounds like you've "settled in to yourself", so that's a good thing... and I don't get a restless angsty feeling coming from you when we chat... and it sounds like you're happy where you are... so for whatever it's worth, I'd say you're doing pretty well, all in all <3

And on that note, my lack of sleep is catching up with me, so I'm gonna go watch some TV or read or something for a little while - I should use the fatigue to my overall advantage and try to get some actual, real sleep tonight!! Good night, all.

As always, feel free to stay in thread and chat! <3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 01:28:19 )

@Wildfire: I hope you rest well when you do !! :D

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 13:02:07 )
Good morning. Happy Wednesday.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 13:30:16 )

Good morning!!

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/7 13:32:16 )
Well hello there. Good morning. I slept reasonably well last night, fortunately - how about you?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.