Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 18:57:32 )
@Koah: It's always a safer bet to be on the water with at least one other person, so yeah... get that kayak for your hubby. Ironically, I have a tandem/hybrid kayak that I'll be selling, but trekking it halfway across the US is probably not something either of us are interested in right now ;) And my boys... well, they're well in to their teenage years and they have their own schedules, responsibilities, etc. now, so they're not always available or willing to help "old mom" out XD Otherwise, the guys in my house can be serious "sticks in the mud" and I'm tired of feeling like I have to kick them in the ass to get them going and to do something fun... so it's often just me (& whatever friend I drag along) on my little adventures, but if me and my friend are both average height and the kayak is heavy(ish), lifting it overhead and securing it is more effort that it's worth sometimes. It's far easier to throw it in the back of a pickup truck - which I don't have.

You noticed I mentioned 80*F as "cool", right...........? XD

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 19:26:14 )
@sunny: What are you working on? How goes the writing - what's the current project or goal?

@another movie addict: -pokes- what are you up to today?

@0v7: And where are you today? HOW are you today?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 20:12:49 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Wildfire: I've been busy with animation, mostly. Drawing frames is hard.
I'm good otherwise, despite my sore arms TwT
How are you??

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 20:23:28 )
@0v7: Your arms are sore because of animation...?

I'm doing ok, thanks - just trying to get some stuff done

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 20:28:45 )

@Wildfire: My arms are sore 'cause I got stuck with a needle 4 times - 2 per arm lol
Now that I think about it, maybe doing streneous arm work isn't the best idea for my arms rn >_>

I'm glad to hear you're good !!
I have nothing to do other than work on this animation or play video games =v=

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 20:45:28 )

@Koah: I hope you have a nice walk, how long have you lived in that neighbourhood?

@Wildfire: that is so cool that you get to kayak! I have only been kayaking once when I was about 10. 27 degrees is cold? LMAO. You would not like it here XD
I am working on another short story, this one about an alternate history where the kingdoms in Anglo Saxon England were never unified, and a Princess flees a throne takeover, and also there's a portal in time and space in Stonehenge. It's... A LOT. lol.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 20:47:42 )
@Wildfire: I understand what you mean about teen guys. I was the youngest in my big family. I had 2 older brothers by about 10 years. They weren't much help. My eldest brother was busy with after school clubs and getting ready for the military. The other brother was absorbed with his friends, i didn't see much of him for a long time.
Yesterday, my neighbor was flabbergasted because I didn't know we had a beach/lake area 15 minutes from our neighborhood. lol!
Also, I can't believe 80 is cool for you guys! How do you handle 100-degree weather?!

I just jumped on the trampoline for 5 minutes and omg, I'm mega out of shape.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 20:50:34 )
@sunny: I moved into my house about 2 months ago. First 2 weeks, I had guests over helping me move in and unpack. After they left, we had a couple of weeks of horrible air quality- so going outside wasn't an option. Now things are cooling down, fresh air and whatnot. I feel like I can get out and go do things now. :O

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 20:52:34 )

@Koah: oh that's exciting! I'm glad you get to explore now, that's one of my favourite parts about moving house :) is there anything cool in your neighbourhood?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 21:08:30 )
@sunny: I haven't quite explored enough. My neighborhood is really quiet. c: The view from the street is really cool! From our yard [we need to trim a couple of trees] but we can see the town down the hill. and if we walk up the hill a bit, we can see the mountains on the horizon. I ran into a neighbor who told me to walk up the block at sunset to really appreciate the view. :p That neighbor proceeded to tell me all about the neighborhood dogs, what their names are and their temperaments. lol. :D
We bought a house! So this is all really exciting for me. We've been renting and moving for the last 9 years. :O

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 21:09:09 )
@0v7: ............ouch!!!
No needles! Bad! (I hope it was for a good cause and you're healthy and everything!)

@sunny: lol... Yes 27F is "cold"- ish. I love in Florida which is sunny and (really) hot and humid for about 350 days of the year, but, I have lived in cooler climates, so I really do understand. Still, it's cooler here now than it has been... And the 100*F weather? ... We go inside with the air conditioning!

My personal temperature has always gravitated towards warmer instead of cooler... Add several years of living here, and yes, 80*F seems cool, comparatively speaking!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 21:10:57 )
@Koah: I'd probably be feeling 5 minutes in the trampoline too...

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 21:11:41 )

@Wildfire: I had a failed blood draw for lab work - 2 sticks in one arm and 1 in the other. Then I got my flu shot in the arm that got stuck once. >w>;;;
I'm probably healthy! My doc wanted me to get blood work done to check my blood glucose and also other stuff.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 21:12:01 )

Downside is, I gotta go back Friday so they can try and get blood out of me. T_T

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 21:13:10 )
@0v7: this is in addition to the failed blood draws a week or so ago? OOOOOOUCH!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 21:13:50 )

@Koah: oh wow, I bet the view is beautiful. Mountains! Where I live is completely flat, so the only views are houses etc. What a nice neighbour you met!

@Wildfire: I am quite jealous of your climate. It is so cold here, and it's only September :O

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 21:18:14 )

@Wildfire: They tried to get blood out of me for lab work last Friday, and well, I have a big long bruise on the arm they stuck me 2 times in. I gotta go back this coming Friday, and get the same thing done again, 'cause they couldn't get enough for lab work out of me. T____T

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 21:18:52 )
@Wildfire: I'm sitting here recalling I lived in Hawaii for a year and I remember in the winter it got below 80 and I put my jacket on. So I get that adjustment lol.
@sunny: I just spent last year in a flat state with no trees. The sunsets there were beautiful! The horizon just seemed to never end. it was nice. I don't miss it too much though. I didn't connect with people very well there, so I felt lonely often.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 21:30:59 )
@0v7: .......... That just sounds abusive. OUCH!!!

@Koah: yes, living in these sub tropical climates is a bit weird to anyone who hasn't lived in similar climes!

@sunny: I understand!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 21:32:24 )

@Wildfire: If it's the same technicians next time, I might ask for a different person. >w>;;;
I've NEVER had issues with my veins being found, even with donating blood and having IV things stuck in my arm.

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.