Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 18:54:02 )
@Another Movie Addict: oh sh!- is my reaction to that. You're going to have an angry little kid running around the neighborhood. 5 is such an absorbent year. :C My nephew may or may not live with us in the future and he's had the same upbringing. -sighs- But he's 7 now.

@0v7: Last week, I had a delicious beef dinner. It was so good I had 3 servings.. and I basically died for 4 days while my body tried to process all that meat... D: maybe it was undercooked -shrugs- I just know I got sick. :[
We need a better internet provider, but samesies, can't afford it. Our roommate is a Twitch streamer with a decent amount of following and when she logs on, our internet is SO SLOOOOW. e.e"

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 18:57:57 )
"The future must know where you've been."

@Koah: I'm so jealous!!! With my new diet, I'm not having red meat at all - hence the turkey! I'm glad you're feeling better now though :D

My download is 4.8mb/s right now, with pretty much all the heavy movie/show streaming users gone. It's... not ideal for ACNH, or most online games, haha. I'm hoping maybe the new router will help just a tiny bit - my grandpa n I were talking about it and if my uncle actually decides to pitch in for the internet he's been... piggybacking off of, basically - we could afford 10mb/s download speed!

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 18:59:01 )
This is exactly

@Koah: That boy is going to be a terrible human being by the end of his upbringing.

what you think it is.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 20:33:37 )
@Another Movie Addict: Let's hope for the best though. If you treat a kid like they're bad, they will be bad.

@0v7: I'm not sure what ACNH is. I can't tell you our download speed- but I think it's bad. I just tried to email all the paperwork I just finished... annnnnnd my internet crashed and the email failed. -flails- And my roomies called me from the other room asking if I was using the internet to download or something. DX<

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 20:39:18 )

@Koah: Animal Crossing New Horizons! It has online multiplayer, which my internet is Not equipped for at all lmao
Also oh god that's the worst!! I hope it goes through next time D:

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:16:16 )
Another Movie Addict:
So I have a question to the parents in this thread. Is 'I'll kill you' a normal threat if the kiddo won't take a nap?

Uhhhh... no, not by any stretch of the imagination!! And if this is the reaction a 5yo gets for not wanting to take a nap (that he's probably outgrown), there's probably other, more serious things going on in that house. Plus, it's just going to get worse. A LOT worse as the kid grows. It sounds like your cousin (the adult) needs help... maybe physically (needing help caring for the child or keeping up with chores), maybe mentally (just needing a break), maybe psychologically (needing medication or a therapist)...

Hello everyone. I'm back. I was kayaking and trying not to get sunburned. I saw lots of fish jumping around, a small pod (maybe two) of dolphins, a manatee, a few sting rays, various birds, a couple crabs, a horseshoe crab, and a lot of mangrove trees.

How is everyone doing?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:18:18 )

@Wildfire: You sound like you had fun!! I'm good - I've been playing ACNH all day lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:20:51 )
@0v7: It sounds like you're having fun! You're taking a break from building your level I guess?

lol... I'm still rocking from the waves (I was in the Gulf)

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:21:08 )
This is exactly

@Wildfire: My cousin is mentally not much older than her sons. She has very severe brain damage from an accident during her birth. She NEVER should've been allowed to have children.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:25:30 )
@Another Movie Addict: That might explain it. Is there something you can do or somebody you can call to get her help?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:27:58 )

@Wildfire: I haven't come up with the next obstacle for my level =v=;;
It's nice to focus on something that's not so technical!

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:28:31 )
This is exactly

@Wildfire: Sadly no. I can't really help as I hate children to begin with. Though I have given him learning toys, to try and help him learn. Because his mother can't do that. For someone else, I believe they do have a case worker. But they're probably ineffective.

He's 5 and not speaking nearly as well as he should. But uses screaming and throwing a fit to get whatever he wants.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:33:52 )
@0v7: Yes, I completely understand!!! You need the mental break

@Another Movie Addict: Well, screaming and throwing a fit and not communicating is the example he's being given, apparently. What about the father? Can you talk to him? Is the child in school yet - they might be a resource to help the kid.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:35:18 )
This is exactly

@Wildfire: She chose to home school him, because of covid. But honestly. Putting him in an actual school might be worth the risk. The father is...dumber than your average Floridian red neck.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:42:22 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh jeeze. I feel bad for these kids if that's the case. At least if the child was in school, he would probably be "flagged" for evaluation, testing, etc. and maybe get some help that sounds like it's so desperately needed

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:44:47 )
This is exactly

@Wildfire: Originally I was hoping when he started school that he'd get flagged and something would get done. But then covid happened.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:45:57 )
@Another Movie Addict: covid is screwing up all kinds of things.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:46:55 )
This is exactly

Yes it is. Man I miss all the furry meet ups we used to do.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:48:10 )
LOL - yeah, I bet it's screwing those up too!

I miss my friends and regular activities as well.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/14 21:49:19 )
This is exactly

My original spoopy month plan was to go see Psycho's rerelease at the theater with a friend, then do our annual Halloween party. But nope.

what you think it is.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.