Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 14:45:46 )
Well, stir-fry is the obvious choice, or soup? Or marinated and grilled/broiled, maybe?
I haven't done anything with tofu in a very long time, so any suggestions I might have are a little on the limited side. :(

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 14:47:16 )
"The future must know where you've been."

I usually pan fry it and coat it in a sauce - broiled tofu sounds good :0
I wonder how easy it is to make scrambled tofu.. that seems like a good breakfast option. Not like I eat much of a breakfast anyways >w>;

"The past predicts the state you're in!"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 14:51:14 )
Oh, I've done that before. It's easy if you have the right kind of tofu (the softer kind if I remember correctly) and it's usually pretty good - versatile in terms of spices, etc. :3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 16:30:46 )
Speaking of food, I burnt my crockpot of soup last night.
My husband ended up making dinner instead and made chili burgers. XD They weren't bad. lol

Good Morning!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 16:32:02 )

RIP to the soup T_T
Good morning!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 16:38:57 )
I was pretty bummed about the soup. And my husband, being who he is, couldn't quite stop teasing me about burning soup.
So I gave him dinner duties while I dipped into the other room.

How's your morning going?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 16:39:26 )
Oh no Koah! I'm sorry to hear about the soup, but yay for hubby swooping in with "not bad" chili burgers - lol!!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 16:44:33 )

At least he cooked dinner!! My morning's been going good, I had this energy tea and I am freakin' WIRED. Spending all my excess energy on farming Gulliver items in ACNH lolol

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 16:51:13 )
lol, My coffee was brewed a bit too strongly. So I'm over here wired as well!

I'm super thankful my husband actually likes cooking. XD He can make some excellent foods.

Since I decorated for Halloween and unpacked my costumes, I've been in such a better mood.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 16:54:34 )

Friday's a good day to be wired imo, you get Saturday and Sunday to chill out.

I love cooking, but I don't love my new....diet, I guess is the word. I can't have red meat TwT

I'm glad to hear you've been in a better mood :D I've been pretty good lately too - mostly playing ACNH, maybe that's why lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:03:13 )
well that was painful... but at least now we have an appointment set up with advising to make sure I'm not missing anything for my son's requirements for his A.A. degree. So, one thing checked off for today.

Koah - I'm glad you're in a better mood since unpacking your costumes. It's amazing what a difference a relatively small thing like that can make, isn't it?

0v7 - yes, "diet" is the right term :3 You'll get there. Do some web searches for recipe ideas :3

I think it's hilarious how sometimes everyone is sleepy or tired, and other days, everyone is wired!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:06:25 )
I haven't picked up ACNH yet. I put thought into it though. I ended up playing Witcher 3. lol. That game has my attention right now.
I cut back on red meat too. <3 You're not alone. It's really not healthy for most people. My husband isn't supposed to eat red meat at all, but he still does. e.e'
He keeps talking about his diet while ignoring the actions of keeping the diet. XDD

Wildfire- OH awesome! He's that close to A.A. graduation? :)

I have friends on my FB posting about retrogrades and whatnot explaining people's behaviors this month. lol

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:11:11 )

@Wildfire: Productive!! I need to figure out lunch lol
Yeah, I'll be doing some searching after I get my dream item in ACNH :3

ACNH is sooo cute, there's tons of stuff to do now!!
I'm trying to think of protein alternatives to red meat that aren't chicken (don't like chicken very much). It's.... difficult Lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:11:15 )
@Koah: Yes, he should be very close to graduating with the A.A. (& from high school). I think he just needs Spanish 2, to retake Am.Lit to improve his grade (he was in the middle of the class when the covid-craziness hit), and then take a couple of electives - the question is how many electives does he still need. He should be done maybe as soon as May, or at the end of the summer semester.

I've been completely ignoring FB but I would not be the least bit surprised if half the solar system is in retrograde at this point...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:13:51 )
@0v7: Yes, productive today... so far: laundry, some organizing/reorganizing, scheduling the appointment, and... uhh... I don't know - it seems I've done a couple other things too, I just can't remember what right now. Oh, I did submit an avatar for the contest this week... and I'm about to pay a bill or two. Does that count - lol!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:15:45 )

@Wildfire: You've done a lot more than me today, and I'd say all that counts!! I suppose I'll make up for my "laziness" today with grocery shopping tomorrow.
What is with my cat running in my room at top speed and jumping on my desk >_>

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:30:27 )
@0v7: It sounds like kitty found some catnip?? XD :3

I'm not sure what got in to me today, but I feel like I'm zooming around (rather like your cat - lol!)
The laundry needs to be switched, and I never did get to those bills yet. I'm looking at things on Amazon to store potatoes and hold my cookbooks...

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:36:43 )
I just got dressed! even though I'm staying home today. That's the extent of my productivity so far. XD I found a lot of my old clothes unpacking costumes. So I'm wearing an old sweater. I need to put away my giant pile of clean clothes. e.e'

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:40:22 )
Wildfire- I remember I had a lot of electives right at the end to get my H.S. Diploma.
I did the college program as well but ended up having awful life events which made me(not made me- but I was failing suddenly) drop out of both. I came back to my H.S. diploma but never finished my A.A. degree. I have a year left of that degree if I chose to jump back into it.
I feel proud of your son even if I don't know you guys in-person. :D

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/16 17:40:31 )
...sweater... lol. I miss sweaters. :3
And hey - that's something, isn't it... getting dressed?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.