Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Coffee buzz!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/9 23:08:17 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

Omg, so I had like... 2 tall glasses of cold coffee (with almond milk and a bit of sugar, of course!!) and now.. it's 5pm - what the heck! For context, I've been up since like, 9am. I guess I got a bit done today lol

Do you all like coffee? Or do you prefer other drinks?? I wanna hear about it ^_^
I also hope everyone's day has been okay =v=

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/9 23:13:10 )

I enjoy coffee, but the caffeine doesn't help me lol. I've been known to drink a lot then go take a nap. I can't drink cold coffee though... it just tastes old to my brain.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/9 23:51:11 )

@Priestess of Pie: Caffeine is a double edged sword lol
Also that's valid, I only drink cold coffee bc it helps me feel more awake throughout the day - as for warm/hot coffee, I like mocha lattes (homemade, ofc, coffee stores are expensive @_@ )

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 00:49:27 )
@0v7: i used to drink coffee alot.. but then i stopped its not good for anxiety lol i do like a starbucks coffee tho.. id have a cup of tea now and again.. my favourite fizzy drinks would be orange lucozade or mountain dew.. lately ive been drinking alot of icey water.. i love it especially on hot days

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 01:28:03 )

@Nephila: My mug situation is like, the mugs that come with Valentine's bears at Walmart every year lol They hold a lil bit over a cup of beverage, which makes it ideal for warm/hot coffee and tea.
As for cups, I have tall cups that hold like, 3ish cups of coffee so it's way too easy to have too much coffee =v=;;

@LilMissKushy: I've been trying to keep up on water intake since summer gets so hot, especially when I'm working in the garden all afternoon! I am.. not good at it though, as I prefer tea and coffee over water lol As for fizzy drinks, I like ~bold~ ginger ale, or Jarritos sodas! I'm not a big fan of cola in general, though I'll take cherry Pepsi if necessary.

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 01:33:23 )
@0v7: ive cut out alot of sugar fizzy drinks being the main one.. i have like 2 fizzy drinks a week instead of drinking them daily now.. cold water quenches my thirst better...
Definitely keep up on ur water intake especially with that hot weather.. stay hydrated

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 01:43:02 )

@LilMissKushy: I rarely have anything like soda nowadays, which is good! I just need to figure out how to actually like water itself - maybe I can infuse it with fruit? hmmm...

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 01:47:06 )
@0v7: yes when i was pregnant i used to infuse my water with strawberries or blueberries and sometimes even cucumber.. i had diabetes when i was pregnant and was tired of old bland water xD

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 02:50:49 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

i love coffee! i had a cold coffee today too :-)
i make extra hot coffee and refrigerate the extra and will have cold coffee for the next day or two
i think for coffee oatly oat milk is the best - i actually like it better than regular milk or cream!
i like almond milk in general but actually not for coffee :0

for water i've found drinking it with ice definitely helps me drink more!
the cold sensation makes it really refreshing!

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 02:59:27 )
I love iced coffee. xD My username is Japanese for "iced coffee". :P That's how much I'm obsessed with it.
But I drink all kinds of other drinks, including hot coffee. But my favorite is iced, with flavored creamer and sometimes extra shots of espresso depending on how strong the original brew is.
I'm so terrible though...my body will be literally screaming for water, and my brain goes, "U WANT ICED COFFEE RITE?!" Bad decisions are made sometimes...>.> XD

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 03:12:32 )

As a barista, caffeine is my life source. As an artist, I literally bleed the shit at this point.

I do have a terribly high tolerance to caffeine overall though. I'm generally drinking any sort of light roast coffee specifically for that lil extra boost, but usually doesn't occur until I've had at least 8 coffees, and I end up casually sipping on roughly 3 through out my entire day :'D
Its rare i drink iced coffee though. It has to be REALLY warm for that to happen. Hot coffee is just ridiculously comforting to me.

(Most times when I'm working I just drink my coffee black, we have one at work called speedball which is super caffeinated, but it's absolutely delightful for flavour. When at home, bit of sugar and enough whitener to make it coloured and I'm happy. (I don't use almond though i have some because it just seems strange to me, and i can't use milk or cream because agony afterwards orz))

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 03:21:29 )

@Nephila: omg that's such a coincidence!! I make a habit of buying v-day mugs every year because they end up on sale, and they're good quality mugs >:)

@LilMissKushy: strawberry infused water sounds so good!! I might try that, maybe with lemon too :0

@xvz: ooo I should keep an eye out for oat milk then - I liked coffee with half n half but I couldn't have it a lot bc stomach problems =v=;
also iced coffee is sooo good, I like mine with a touch of chocolate and some ice to keep it cool :0
I'll give ice water a try since I think I'd like it better than tap-cold water !!

@Aisukohi: omg I feel that!! I want more coffee, even though it's 9pm, so I should be drinking water..but...coffee =v=

@Varien: I haven't found a coffee blend that tastes good black, which is sad bc sometimes I just want the Bean Taste, yknow?? I also think hot coffee is pretty comforting, which is actually why I drink iced more often - so I can stay awake ! otherwise I'd take a coffee nap lol (quick edit: xvz suggested oak milk as an alternative to almond and dairy milk :0 might be worth a try)

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 03:29:26 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Coffee I love.
My coffee I prefer is more so milk coffee.

I don't drink much of it so I can sleep at night.
But it helps me focus during the day so without it I can't focus on my art at all.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 03:29:28 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@0v7: aww yeah i feel u lol
i remember when i was younger and someone told me to enjoy lattes (with milk/cream) while i could lol! i'm glad i did cuz i probably can't anymore
the specific brand i have is really creamy and adds to the flavor in a nice way! i tried the silk brand and it wasn't as rich

oo how do you add chocolate to yours? like hot chocolate mix or syrup?
oo have you tried making cold brew? i always end up making it too strong and am overcaffeinated / have trouble sleeping
but it tastes great when i'm drinking it lol

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 03:33:52 )
@0v7: lol if I wasn't drinking a beer right now, I'd totes feel the same as you. xD But coffee and booze sound foreign to me, so I prefer not to mix the two.

Also I probably have an absurd amount of mugs. I live in a household of 2 and a half (my toddler son being the half) and we probably have like a dozen mugs...^^;
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 03:44:13 )

0v7:

I haven't found a coffee blend that tastes good black, which is sad bc sometimes I just want the Bean Taste, yknow?? I also think hot coffee is pretty comforting, which is actually why I drink iced more often - so I can stay awake ! otherwise I'd take a coffee nap lol (quick edit: xvz suggested oak milk as an alternative to almond and dairy milk :0 might be worth a try)

I'm REALLY picky with what coffee I drink black. This one has almost a roasted nut flavour to it, but not? It's really hard to describe, but, it makes me think of a faint smell or a woodstove in the fall, but, with coffee, y'know? It's a really nice flavour overall.

I've found that some light roast coffees have really nice and mild flavours, in comparison to some medium or dark roast coffees. But, I do also drink a lot of flavoured coffees, too, so there is that. I end up leaning towards like, cinnamon or caramel/vanilla flavoured coffees, cause nom. There's only like one other coffee I can tolerate black from my work, but, it's a cinnamon based flavour. Otherwise though, I usually need something in the coffee :'D If anything, I'd suggest looking into light roast coffees for black coffee. They usually have less for flavour more for caffeine, but, there are some that have some really nice notes to them * u*

I've been recommended oatmilk before actually! My mom sent me a recipe to make some, so it's something that I definitely plan to actually do, just a matter of when xD
im a space cadet who's lazy with typing 90% of the time
pls ping me

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 07:35:08 )
❄🌈 ❄ Underlying all our fears is a lack of trust in ourselves! ❄ 🌈

@0v7: coffee sounds so good now. I enjoy all types of coffee. Black. Cream. Sugar. Iced. Frozen. Hot. All coffee is my friend. Lol strangely enough it can hype me up but I can also drink a pot to help me sleep before bed. Go figure.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 07:36:42 )

@Priestess of Pie: omg I drink coffee then go nap or sleep. I've never met anyone else who does that. I felt so odd and alone cause of it lol I prefer hot coffee but I do like cold or frozen at times.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 07:38:06 )

@Nephila: I have a mug collection. Wish it were bigger but alas it is what it is. My favorite well favorites are my Disney or Golden Girls coffee mugs.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/10 08:47:01 )
@0v7: it is yummy.. i dont like lemons but yeah u can infuse any fruit really.. i tried apricots but it was very bitter :/ lol

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.