Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Why did you pick your username?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 11:25:06 )
I've had it for years.
It's basically brand recognition now. Haha.
I had debated on going with a different name here, but I'm too attached to this one.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 12:48:43 )
It's the name of one of my first OCs. I was unoriginal with account names outside of Gaia and it was the first thing I thought to use. And except for 1 site, I use/used it everywhere.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 14:32:42 )
I picked my name because unicorns are cool
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 12:47:56 )
I chose this one because on another site, the username I usually go by was already taken, so I'd had to come up with something on the spot... and, since in many Skype chats I tended to be able to find information faster than others (apparently no one uses Ctrl+F...), so... DataNinja. Also, I'm a programmer, so Data. ...reflecting on it now, though, I've never really been a ninja person.

I picked it here over my traditional username, since I've been informed that that one is basically the epitome of dark and edgy names. Which I found funny, since that had never even occurred to me, but, might as well make an attempt at a better impression.

Voltie — BetaTester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 13:10:22 )
As I said on my profile and in my introduction thread, I'm Emmett Khan because Emmett is my name and Khan is just a title but it sounds cooler than King or Czar/Tzar. (Or even Goa'uld System Lord).
@Elithiya: Avocado? Seeing that username would have made me VERY hungry. I love to eat avocadoes.
@DataNinja: Best username ever. Seriously.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 13:22:29 )
@Emmett khan: Thanks!

...and seeing your avatar and signature is now, for the first time ever, making me think of Data as a ninja. Maybe that's a sign that I need to sleep.

Please ping when responding to me, to make sure I see your reply!

Voltie — BetaTester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 13:44:16 )
@DataNinja: You're welcome. Data as a ninja? That's an awesome idea. If you're going to go to sleep then I wish you a good night and hope you sleep well.
Current avatar: Emmett Khan, Master of the Golden Keyblade.

Do you play RuneScape?

My DeviantArt Gallery:
EmmettKhan.DeviantArt.com

Voltie — Tess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 20:59:23 )
I love music and the numbers are my birthdate.

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 21:33:32 )
I just really liked it. Though I'm not entirely sure where I ran across this name anyway.
Currently Questing;
keep warm
librarian
fabled
draconic dream

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 01:34:14 )
Back in the day and was thinking up a username and I thought what is a name a can relate to? What do a like? So a thought Total anime fan and it's stuck.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — buzzbuzz Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 01:52:18 )
hahahaha
my username comes from a joke with a group of friends who all shared usernames like mine lol
we all were in a little friend group and "cnts" has stuck with me for yeaaaaaars
I go by gitchs on some websites but "cnts" has been the only one to stick with me besides my old usernames when i was like 10 lmao
I go by cnts EVERYWHERE now : ^)

Twitch

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 02:54:15 )
Almost went with my usual name which is Juggernaut. But I've used Plague on one other site before and thought it was time to bring it back.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 03:06:38 )
Went as literal as possible.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 03:15:40 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 03:19:13 )
@Apollo Im Burning: thank you haha!

Donator — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 03:53:33 )
I've used it before and I couldn't really think of anything new. I like sharks, they're pretty neat. And I like being called Shark? I dunno, I feel kinda connected in a way.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 05:06:25 )
Well I love to use my LotR OC as my persona on most of the sites I visit, and Lith is the first part of her name. Since I don't yet know what the second part of her name is, I used the last part of my name, nel. And since Lithnel didn't really seem to work, I stuck an "I" in the middle to make it Lithinel.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 05:09:18 )
@Lithinel: Why don't you know the second part? Is that like, you're still deciding, or is it something in the lore? I'm not familiar with it, lol
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 05:16:54 )
Slytherclaw:
@Lithinel: Why don't you know the second part? Is that like, you're still deciding, or is it something in the lore? I'm not familiar with it, lol

I'm just still deciding what it will be. I want to take my time and find the "perfect" name for her, rather than just picking something that sounds pretty.

Voltie — What? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 19:18:05 )
It's a shortened version of the one I've had for years. Vigilantism, Vigilante, Vigil, now just Vig... who knows, maybe I'll even be lazy enough to make V

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.