Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/26 16:57:50 )

@Unicorn: I hope you get snow then! And happy early birthday!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/27 01:57:40 )
@Totalanimefan: Funny you say now's the time to talk about family stuff, because at work that's when we tend to get the most inquiries for potential residents. Meaning, people get together, and they realize their elderly loved ones might need a little extra help, so they come to us to see if we can provide a better quality of life.

That's great that you're closer to your parents than you were before. I lived about that far from my parents for like half a year, which honestly was longer than I expected, but I can't say I regret the experience either because I got to see a lot of things and meet great people. I often miss that area, but I wouldn't move back unless my parents were gone and I knew my siblings were okay on their own. Then again, the thought of having to deal with snow several months of the year doesn't sound very appealing. xD

Does your sister and her boyfriend know which part of the east coast they'd like to move to?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/27 03:17:07 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah I'm just tired of it all. I'm looking forward to this being over.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/27 06:12:53 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh it is a blizzard outside tonight, and we were only to be getting rain. But we are getting snow, and rain for a bit and then snow again on Tuesday. And then nothing for a while. But thank you for the early Birthday wishes.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/27 18:09:21 )

@SorrowTheMad: Totally agree. I think that 2022 will be a better year. Probably won't be like best year of our lives, but I think better.

@Aisukohi: I actually read that advice in a newspaper article and I thought that it was a good idea and more people should talk about that over the holidays. Yeah I for sure don't regret it. I was able to get a better job(s) and so was my husband and now he's allowed to work from anyway because of his hard work. We would have been poor and working retail for the rest of our lives had we not moved for work. It's nice to be back on the east coast. I really missed it.
At first they wanted Philly, even though he had never been. I think my sister likes DC the most because she has seen how pretty it is here and obvs I'm here. She really liked riding the metro to get around and when she was here she asked me the policy about bringing big dogs on the metro lol. However, they were both here during Thanksgiving and we had a cold front that weekend and it was really cold. It was like Jan temps instead of fall-like. And I told them it's not normally this cold here this time of year, but PA is way colder than here. And my mom who lives in PA was like yeah this isn't even cold for me lolol. So I think that Philly is off the table lol. I said if you guys want an east coast city that is easy to get around in this is your best bet if you factor in the weather. Yeah it does get cold but it's only for about 3 months and we have a long spring and fall. I have a whole two months in the fall I don't need to have the heating or cooling on for example. Up north is just too cold and gloomy in my opinion. So I don't know what they are thinking about now. They weren't going to move until March anyway, so I guess they have some time.

@Unicorn: I guess it's good you got a little bit of snow but snow and then rain is always a real bummer. I remembered that would happen to me when I lived in England. I would see snow for like 10 mins and then it would just turn into rain and be gross. You're welcome. What are you doing for your bday?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/27 20:36:47 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm expecting a "roaring 20s" kind of comeback in 2022. Two years of lockdowns and Covid and I think people will be so tired they're going to get wild.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/27 20:37:53 )

@SorrowTheMad: I think we might have a roaring 20's too, but I'm not sure when it will happen. I want to believe it's going to be 2022, but the last two years leave me not wanted to put too much hope into a future year lol

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/27 21:08:47 )
@Totalanimefan: I think it's going to get to a point where no one cares anymore. I've certainly gotten to that point. Most people from Minnesota are absolutely exhausted from Walz making all these mandates and most of us have been ignoring mandates for about a year now.

I don't think we have any more at the moment but it's kind of funny to me to see how much solidarity a state full of mostly rednecks have when they get told what to do.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/27 21:43:59 )

@SorrowTheMad: For sure. You are seeing that a lot everywhere. It's not just in one state or one city. I just can't see a place fulling 'roaring' until the whole thing is over tho. More like partly crowded, and then the real deal lol
I hope that 2022 is a wonderful year of recovery for everyone. ^^

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/28 14:06:45 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah most every place is packed here. For our BNI Christmas Party we ended up walking over to a bar after (since the owner of the building asked us to leave, we went over our time lol) and it was elbow to elbow in there. Bingo at Paradise is even worse most of the time (I've only been once but still). We're pretty much "business-as-usual" here with the exception of locking down if we get Covid, and some random stuff with the schools (which I only know about since a couple of the Magic players in my area are still in highschool). Pretty sure restaurants here aren't doing the "half capacity" or whatever the current regulation is either anymore.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/28 19:15:11 )

@SorrowTheMad: I don't really feel comfortable going out atm. I was going to restaurants and traveling from June to just a few weeks ago. But with this current spike I've been at home. ^^; But everyone is different.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/28 21:54:06 )
@Totalanimefan: Completely understandable. I can see both sides of the coin with this, being afraid or uncomfortable with close contact or not caring about the mandates. All in all, I just want it to be over with. I'm glad you're staying safe though, as much as you feel comfortable with :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/28 21:56:19 )

@SorrowTheMad: Me too. Can't wait until it's over with and I think this current wave will help with that. I'm not stressing out over the virus like I was in 2020 with this new wave so that's good lol
Do you have any plans or wishes for the new year?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 14:00:33 )
@Totalanimefan: Not really. I'm making a resolution to do more drawing or writing though. I've kinda fallen to the wayside of it so I need to get back on track. I dunno if I showed you the two sketches I made before but I plan on adding more to them. I posted them here and here if you wanted to see them :)

What about you? Any resolutions, wishes, plans?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 18:33:37 )

@SorrowTheMad: I like your art style! You should totally do more art in 2022. ^^ Maybe even open an art shop on Voltra? lol
I want to finish getting my BA by Sept 1st (that's the end of my next term in school). That's my number one goal!
Another goal would be to work on the house to make it feel more like home and more cozy. I have spent so many hours in this house since my husband and I bought it in Feb. But we have done a lot of work to the house but not much in the way of making it ours. We fixed the horrible foundation, we are getting new windows, we added electric outlets to the bathrooms, we had it painted, we added a wall mount for the TV and ceiling speakers.
Obvs I would like to save up for more traveling, and I'm hoping that COVID will be better, but those things aren't in my control so I'm going to focus on goals I know I can work on. ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 19:09:30 )
@Totalanimefan: my mum is making me dinner, and she has some gifts for me. Plus she is making me a chocolate cake. With chocolate frosting I asked for her to do so cake wise for what type of cake she makes me a cake every year that she can. But anyhow not much is planned. I fell yesterday so I aint moving very fast today on my birthday. I got bruised up and all. And some big bruise isnt showing yet, but all in good time really hurts but i am okay. Plus it snowed all day yesterday it was to stop but it didn't until we hours of today this morning. Where I slipped yesterday on stairs wet icy snowy covered stairs it was a good slip but really hurt i cried. My back feels like it got re- aligned which doesnt feel 100% so great.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 19:12:26 )

@Unicorn: Oh no are you ok! Icy stairs are no joke! I hope you recover quickly.
Happy Birthday to you! I'm sure a homemade chocolate cake will make you feel special. ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/30 00:27:04 )
@Totalanimefan: I can't imagine working retail forever either, not only because of the lousy pay, but because of the abuse that comes with it. x-x

I've never been to Philly or DC, but wouldn't mind visiting either or both. I love the show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia haha. Though it's been a while since I've watched any of it. I have an uncle who lives outside of Harrisburg, but the way he talks about the snow sometimes...no thanks! xD There's a whole bunch of major cities in this country I'd like to visit someday, even though I know there will never be enough time to explore all the good stuff lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/30 01:36:27 )

@Aisukohi: Same. I just had to get out of it. Not only was I not making enough to pay all the bills, but the customers were horrible!
Philly I've just visited for a day. It was pretty. I went to the Aquarium and then I walked around part of downtown. Saw the Liberty Bell. ^^
DC is just a beautiful and clean city. The metro is clean too. It's easy to get around without a car too. (I'm sure the same can be said for Philly)
PA is no joke for snow! There was a winter storm that hit me and my mom's place in PA. I got 6 inches and she got 3 feet! It's totally different between the two even though they aren't that far away.
What other cities would you like to visit? Honestly those are some of my fav vacations. I can't wait to visit Charleston, SC. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/30 02:33:56 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah the way I see some people act in public...yikes! Makes me wonder how they got that far in life without getting punched in the nose or something to make them stop being jerks.

lol snow is just not something I can imagine living in, but who knows, I may change my mind later in life. I just hate the idea of everything associated with maintenance and snow, from shoveling, to driving safely, to pipe maintenance. I love the idea of visiting places where it snows, just to look at it, but not living in it.

Some cities I'd like to visit in no particular order off the top of my head include Seattle, San Francisco, Miami, NYC, Boston, Chicago, Charleston, and Portland. I'm sure there are a ton more, but those are just from the top of my head for cities in the U.S. Honestly I'd be open to traveling just about anywhere new so long as it wasn't a huge pain to get to and it wasn't a dangerous area.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.