Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 05:45:35 )

This time of the year is always so busy for me.
I have a lot to do from October through the new year.
And several great and fun holidays throughout that time! ^_^
Hope everyone is doing well!
Love you all! -hugs-

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 13:40:49 )
@Totalanimefan: Far as I know we don't have any (thank god lol). The Christmas party we had on Saturday was enough celebration for me haha. What about you? Anything planned for you and your family?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 13:42:01 )
@Totalanimefan: lol! <3 *tosses more candy around the thread*

Thanks for the trade, Total- it was unexpected, but appreciated :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 16:47:57 )
    @Totalanimefan: oh that sounds good! And thank you for the Christmas gift :)

@Wildfire: I never celebrate birthdays lol. I will probably just eat chocolate at home xD I don't enjoy parties etc, too much sensory input!
    Sounds like you are prepared for Christmas, or as prepared as anyone can be! I hope you have a good day :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 22:05:59 )

@dragoness129: thanks. Its always nice to see you even if it’s just for a little bit.
@SorrowTheMad: just my husband and I. I’m cooking a big dinner for us tomorrow and then that will last us for Christmas Day dinner and possibly the next night?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 22:07:10 )

@Wildfire: it’s no problem. I saw you wanted one. You didn’t have it yet did you ?
@sunny: no problem. Enjoy! I didn’t know what to get you lol

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 22:58:08 )
@Totalanimefan: That sounds amazing! :D I hope you guys have an amazing time :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/24 02:49:39 )

@SorrowTheMad: thank you. I think we will. It will be nice to take it easy.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/24 03:05:50 )
@Totalanimefan: get well soon, yeah acute uri is no fun sick for 2 weeks straight plus have the same cough for 3 weeks after 2 weeks not fun. I am just staying home mostly.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/24 04:25:34 )

@Unicorn: I’m mostly just staying at home too. I’m mostly healed. Have a nice Christmas

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/24 20:23:03 )
@Totalanimefan: For sure! I think after the last year, we all need a break.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/25 00:36:09 )

@SorrowTheMad: I totally agree. I wish I had no energy lol

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/25 01:01:57 )
@Totalanimefan: woahh that makes two of us in school congrats on going too ^^ i'm studying computer science & its in person ToT i still cant get used to having to phsyically attend class again. it's so exhausting & i'm so tempted to skip sometimes (i havent missed a single class last semester tho:DD yayy) youre so lucky u got to see family&friends!! im finally on winter break now & i was planning to spend it with ppl i havent seen in a while but bc of omicron, flu season and all that im too nervous to go out </3

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/25 01:27:17 )
Totalanimefan:

@Aisukohi: ah I see. How big is that grandparents’ house? Maybe it’s enough for them plus the kids that watch over them. I would say 50’s is pretty good. My parents are both 61 but don’t take care of themselves. My mom always had this stupid notion that because her parents died young that she would never live to be past like 65. And now she’s 61 with no retirement. I would totally buy a house with a ADU or a ‘granny flat’ but my mom and I butt heads a lot and don’t get along. Push came to shove I would though. She wants to live in Ireland when she retires. (My parents are divorced). My dad is still in FL. Luckily his new wife is a nurse and she is nice. I couldn’t see him ever leaving FL. I like FL but the job market is poor and it’s so far dependent. It’s one of the reasons my husband and I moved to DC. It’s also in between my parents. 2 hours on the train I’m at my mom’s and two hours on a plane I’m at my dad’s.
Anyway back to your parents would you be able to share the responsibilities of elderly parents with your siblings?

My grandparents'/parents' house is 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, not entirely sure how many square feet. It's a bit crowded since my 4 siblings live with them. I'm sure most if not all of us could share responsibilities with taking care of them later down the road. Right now, if something were to happen tomorrow, it would probably be between my oldest brother and myself since only he and I have income/jobs. But my parents also made arrangements with one of my dad's sisters that if anything ever happened to them, should any of my siblings still be minors, my aunt would become their legal guardian. I know eventually we'll all sit down and talk legal stuff like power of attorney, advanced directives, etc. It's really helpful to learn about this type of stuff in my line of work.

That's nice that you live right in the middle of your parents lol. I love quick plane flights myself. If only they weren't so expensive! Or at least, I'd rather not pay for the dirt cheap flights because I know they're not comfortable and I honestly worry about their overall safety (never mind if Covid wasn't a thing). Are you an only child?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/25 03:58:33 )
@Totalanimefan: you have a nice Christmas also, it is way too foggy outside tonight.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/25 05:35:27 )
@Totalanimefan: I totally get you! Lately I've just had this massive urge to get out, and to keep moving. Hang out here, go there, god I wish it would stop. Lol!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/25 22:06:45 )

@nut: Merry Christmas! That’s awesome! Mine is 100% online which is nice because it’s not effected by lockdowns or Rona or anything like that. I feel like it would be harder for me to switch than to stay online the whole time.
I’m sorry that Rona ruined your plans. Maybe you guys can get together after this wave ends. It will be safer then. I was lucky that I happened to make my Christmas plans before Christmas. In hindsight I feel very fortunate. Which computer classes are you taking atm? What do you want to do with your degree?

@Aisukohi: oh I see. Even tho if they it sounds bad this is the right time of year to talk about this kind of stuff with your family. Normally everyone is around and there is the free time to do so. And by the way I’m sure that your parents will be healthy for many more years.
I’m happy that I’m closer. Before they were both a 6 hour flight away if direct. Longer if not, and there there was also a 3 hour time difference. Now no time difference. I have one younger sister that is still in CA (but a way different part then I was) and her BF would like to move to the east coast but now they aren’t so sure about moving? I think they are still figuring it out.

@Unicorn: it’s been cloudy here all day ^^;

@SorrowTheMad: maybe with Omicron people will cool off their plans? But it’s nice to be out and see people. :)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/26 01:27:57 )
@Totalanimefan: Doubt it, I really, seriously doubt it. Most of the people know are like, vindicated about Omicron actually, they're running around saying the vaccine was worthless because Omicron reduces it's antibodies. Who the heck would have known that was going to happen? I certainly don't think this is an anti-vaxxer win by any means

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/26 03:45:38 )

@SorrowTheMad: the two doses of the vaccine only have 30%-ish protection. You would have to get Rona or get another shot to have better protection in the 80-90%. Luckily for most people this isn’t a bad strain. But there is the chance of long Covid.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/26 09:17:14 )
@Totalanimefan: it wasn't that bad outside on Christmas Eve Night, but Christmas Day it was very chilly out but still no snow. Maybe on my Birthday, being on Wednesday it will snow I can only wish for it anyhow.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.