Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Where has everyone been?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 19:00:04 )
@Totalanimefan: It's weird how those stories really stick in your mind when you read them as a kid. I read Harry Potter as a kid for example and it's weird how much that story sticks with me. Or Pendragon, again, I remember most of the storyline from when I was a kid. I remember The Giver, and this weird kinda-like-Harry-Potter book series that I read where one of the main characters could use magic through fabric and string, she could like enchant them or something like that. Tamora Pierce was the name of the writer.

I get what you mean about the difference between what you're talking about and those cult-y type ones that are full of nonsense. Nothing wrong with learning new things though, and it sounds like that's what you're doing. I should read something like that but I'm pretty good at not blowing all my money every month even when I'd like to sometimes lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 19:20:50 )

@Totalanimefan: Yup. At least I got some cleaning done today and maybe get into my art later since I'm nearly done with it.
But is good your being productive ^^ I honestly need to go on walks more myself

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 20:08:24 )
I have been packing to move into my apartment! :D

Going to IKEA tomorrow to pick up some things~

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 21:34:14 )

@MoodyB: :( I'm sorry that happened. I feel like when it happens when we are younger it's no good, but if everyone is an adult it tends to be a good thing. ^^;

@Ava: It's just little ant traps, not like a spray. I wouldn't want to do that around my house.

@SorrowTheMad: I loved reading HP as a kid/teen! I haven't read the other series that you talked about though ^^;
Yeah that's a good way to describe them. Books that teach you new things. I love learning and I always have. It's so hard to wade through all the crap ones to find something that's good. I normally use the library and look at reviews that way lol

@Purpsy: Good for you for getting some cleaning done! I vacuumed downstairs today. I saw some dust and decided to take care of it lol. I feel like I haven't done much today but it is the first day of my period. So I get a pass haha.

@Juliette: Oh hey! I feel like long time no chat. Congrats on your move! ^^ Are you excited?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 21:51:36 )
@Totalanimefan: Hi! Yes, it has been a while since we last chatted. Thanks, I’m extremely excited! -happy dance- ^^

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 21:54:58 )
@Totalanimefan: That's a smart way to do it :D I should do that more often, read reviews on things before I try and pick them up. And maybe some of those learn how to do things books.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 22:01:22 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: In my experience it usually goes the opposite.
but i dont really have RL friends so i don't really have to worry about that since my sis is pretty much
my only IRL friend.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 22:53:16 )

@Totalanimefan: Lmao I do the same on my periods x'D
Honestly I don't feel like I got much done today also. I didn't even got into drawing yet I'm just honestly too tired since my sleep has been crap lately.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 01:05:56 )
@totalanimefan: Ah that is true. Though I guess it depends on the person and how good their napping is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 02:47:00 )
Totalanimefan:

I want to see updates. What have you guys been up to?

work, work, work, with the occasio9nal bit of gaming here and there.

Also picked up a larger monitor to use as my primary so now I can have a game on that, and twitch, etc. on the other screen.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 09:39:03 )
I’ve been kind of just drifting over on multiple sites & trying to relax. And thinking of moving in w Juliette when I feel ready to (I don’t want to put a lot of pressure on myself w goals atm - and that is a big goal I just want to slowly integrate myself into). And I went back on an antidepressant medication w low dose that is now helping me a little. I do miss being here though & am keeping logged in here along w other sites on my phone.
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 19:35:03 )

@Juliette: I'm happy for you! Moving is a big, awesome change!

@SorrowTheMad: Reviews have helped me save myself from renting books I end up not wanting to read lol

@MoodyB: Now that you are older people are more into drama than as a teen?

@Purpsy: Today I went on a bike ride and later I have a job interview. I hope it goes well!

@ChiffonOrange: How do you normally feel after a nap?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 19:36:58 )

@Jessamine: Sounds like you are working hard towards your goals. Just remember that you are making progress and you can go at your own pace. I hope to see you around more. ^^ (but no pressure)

@onsenmark: Larger monitors are nice! Where did you get yours? How's work been? Also are you going to Otakon this year?! I know I am!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 20:59:41 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: i just don't have good experience with friends in general.
idk why but never did.

so i completely give up on having friends in IRL.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 21:04:49 )
@Totalanimefan: That;s a good idea, I don't usually read reviews but maybe I should look into them. Lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 21:21:22 )
Wow... where IS everyone?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 21:31:23 )

@Totalanimefan: Good luck! I hope you get the job! :D
I honestly just finished my art and I'm just done doing anything else creative for the rest of the day TAT

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 21:36:24 )

@Wildfire: In this thread telling me why they aren't here lol
@Purpsy: Thank you! 30 more mins until the interview. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/7 22:04:32 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I know...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/8 00:48:37 )
@totalanimefan: A little refreshed but tired at the same time lol

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.