Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Where has everyone been?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/5 21:53:54 )

@MoodyB: I feel like I haven’t made a friend since 2018 lol ^^; I want to try again but I have to wait until the pandemic is over.
@SorrowTheMad: it just might. My husband has been reading light novels in bed before sleep. He’s been reading a lot that way.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/5 21:55:51 )

@Starlight: that’s are all cool things. Which video games have you been playing?
@Wildfire: that’s a lot. It’s just me, my husband and my animals here. My parents live far away (and not together and so does my sister), his parents/family are in England. So no one close enough here to pop over for Easter lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/5 21:59:48 )
@Totalanimefan: Seems like a good idea. I dunno what happened, I used to read books voraciously when I was growing up and I haven't read a book in probably a decade now.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/5 22:29:45 )

I have been on discord every day. Besides that streaming tv shows and gaming (while also streaming)

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/5 22:38:17 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: i probably haven't made any since...2016.
i dont think i can handle more than one friend lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/5 22:59:36 )
@Totalanimefan: That is pretty much our entire family - certainly all the relevant family that's in-state.

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 01:00:31 )

@Totalanimefan: I've mostly been playing Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury and Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town recently

★~~Questing~~★

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 01:25:06 )
@totalanimefan: Kinda lol, sometimes I might take a nap if I had nothing else to do or just feel tired.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 08:44:38 )
@Totalanimefan: thank you for the encouragement!
enjoy the spring! we don't have a spring over here, just straight into summer after the rains lol.

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 13:13:27 )

Hmmm not so much going on with my life at the moment. And I just recently found out that there might be another possible lockdown where I live.
So yippee more staying inside

I'm a bit busy and focused with my art stuff lately, getting those creative juices going and other daily stuff I deal with. And checking here once in a while for updates for the next event and some rp stuff.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 14:41:10 )

@SorrowTheMad: I read a lot more as a kid too. I feel like as an adult the options are more limited and I don’t want to start a book unless I know I’ll like it.

@vengeance: we miss you. Hangout with us more T-T

@MoodyB: it helps if your friends know each other and become friends. That way the three of you can hangout together. Lol

@Wildfire: do you have a lot of kids? Or are all the grandparents alive?

@Ava: yeah spring and summer bring them out. It’s been dry here so they are looking for water. I was spraying them down with a vinegar based cleaning product because I read that vinegar helps get rid of them. It mostly worked but they aren’t gone.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 14:44:44 )

@Starlight: how is the story of seasons? I love Rune Factory, but I feel like it’s going to be forever until 5 is out.

@ChiffonOrange: naps are always nice but sometimes I wake up more sleepy than before them. Lol

@Whimsy: I grew up in a tropical place and the two seasons where hot and humid, and then warm and drier. Lol So I get that lol

@Purpsy: I’ve missed chatting with you ^^ cool that you have been working on art. Lots of people in this thread have lately ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 15:01:05 )
@Totalanimefan: Most of our family is out of state and irrelevant, making the relevant bits of remaining family a small number.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 15:21:15 )
@Totalanimefan: Totally agree with you on that. I'd get annoyed if i started a book and I wasn't into it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 16:38:46 )

@SorrowTheMad: Yeah I feel like as an adult I've dropped a few books because I didn't think they were good, but I also feel like sometimes I don't know what I'm looking for when picking out a book. lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 17:21:05 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah! And what really annoys me is like, ok, for example. When I was a kid, I read a few books from this really awesome book series called The Pendragon series. It was for young adults so it was perfect for me at the time. Now that I'm 30, it's a little too...I dunno, simple? to really hold my attention. And I've wanted to finish the series since I was a kid, but I just can't get back into it. It's frustrating. I might just make myself read it so the OCD part of my brain that needs closure can stop driving me crazy. They're pretty short books, considering they were meant for teens, so it might not be so bad.

I'm not going to lie, romance novels are my guilty pleasure. And not even the smutty ones (you know, since I'm a guy). I have NO IDEA where that came from, but since I turned 16 I have loved reading them. Maybe I should just download a bunch of Judy Deveraux books or something and just read that since I know I love that stuff xD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 18:09:50 )

@Totalanimefan: Awee that's so sweet ty~ TwT
Yeah is been awhile since we chatted, how you've been doing lately?

I've been seeing some few post as well which is nice to have something to do since we're limited to go out often.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 18:19:17 )

@SorrowTheMad: Yes! Young Adult books were my favorite, but now I've really grown out of them, but I feel like a lot of those books have the best stories. It's like that know that's the perfect age to have an interesting story. lol
As a kid/teen I loved the Series of Unfortunate Events! Soo good, and it's still good, but it's definitely different reading it as an adult and I'm not as into it as I was as a kid.
I do like romantic manga, and I like romantic in general but I never got into western romantic novels. No shame in your game for liking them. I find myself as an adult reading books that teach you skills, I kinda want to say 'self help' but I don't want to call them that because then it sounds like I read those BS books about the power of thought or whatever. On my road trip to DC from the west coast my husband and I listened to the book You Need A Budget (YNAB for short) and I had wanted to read that book for a while. I'm glad that we listened to it in the car because the way to think about money and save it like explained in the book is really good. We also listened to a book about not giving a fuck about social obligations that don't matter. It was funny, but also true. Like of course you should still be a good friend and all that, but do you have to fly across the country to every cousins wedding that you haven't seen in 15+ years? (No you send them a nice gift.) Do you have to attend every company picnic and afterwork drinks? Do you have to buy your coworkers homemade PB she sells in the farmers market when you hate PB? lol Things like that and I thought that it was really good. So often in live we feel like we have to do things when really we don't and we can show our support and not be a jerk.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 18:21:34 )

@Purpsy: It's true tho~ Yeah really. Every day it's a task to try and keep yourself sane during these times. During the weekend I normally go for walks, to a farmer's market, or for a bike ride if the weather is nice. But still there is only so much to do lol

@Ava: Yeah really, can those ants just leave my house, K THX lol. I'm going to buy ant traps/poison this weekend.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 18:34:43 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: i don't really like to do that as last time that happened
was a slumper party and it was a disaster.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.