Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Period cramps

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 07:23:08 )
I'm on my period and I'm cramping. Uterus is a bitch. I've got my hot water bag and I've got my magnesia phosphorica and I've a small lemon cake loaf and I've got my hug deck, The Good Tarot.
So I think I'll be fine, but I CAN'T DO ANYTHING except put up with my uterus. I'm just laying here, coping.

You can keep me company if you're also suffering from your period or you can just whine about periods in general. Cursing uteruses is very welcome here. Tips for coping with period pain, hygiene, etc. also welcome. Let's discuss the heck out of this blight upon our bodies.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 11:56:53 )

I feel you. I had my cramps during my tattoo session at thursday, but I made it through. You'll be good, I promise. <3

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 16:16:33 )
Yes here too..... the flow is with us
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 18:58:47 )

I had mines last week and there are those rare moments where I don't suffer so much cramping during my period and that was me last week which is nice... I was still an emotional wreck though.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 22:33:34 )

Mine was last week and it was horrible. I hate it. I will admit, I had worse cramps in high school. Those where awful!!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 23:44:09 )
I also had mine last week. I used to have such bad ones, like could not move, bad cramps. Then I tried an ice pack instead of a heating pad and my life changed lol now my regular Pamprin can take care of most of the pain with the ice packs. And I use those hard blue ice packs for like lunch boxes and stuff, that way you have the added benefit of being able to put pressure on it too.
It won’t work for everyone but I definitely recommend trying it if other things aren’t helping. I had no idea the heating pad was making it worse until I stopped using it lol
Now that’s not to say I’m not still uncomfortable xD I’m just not in as much pain.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/22 23:44:16 )
I've been lucky with mine where I can only think of one time where it felt like my lower half was run over by a semi. Most times I have mild cramps on my first day, and bloating through the next couple days.

For me, my biggest complaint is how long mine last, which is a whole week. I envy those who finish in 3-4 days, but I feel like those women also have the worst cramps, so I wonder if there's some correlation?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 02:11:12 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Im just suffering from my body hating me.
Not period but idk what my body wants from me.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 16:25:28 )
@Ava: have you tried an ice pack on your tummy to help with the cramps? Idk if you use heat or anything but it always made mine worse, I’d be taking pills and it would barely help and I thought the heating pad was helping until I tried an ice pack one time and found out I was much much better! Heat was making it worse D;
I also overheat pretty easily so it was always so dreadful to have the heating pad too.

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/23 17:24:28 )
as someone with endo
i feel your pain :(

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/24 00:19:25 )
@Ava: lemme know if it helps!! I hope it does <3

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/24 00:19:49 )
Vlad:
as someone with endo
i feel your pain :(

Oof >.< sorry to hear that Vlad ):

Donator — She Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/24 12:16:10 )
@whimsy: hope that ur not cramping anymore .. the things us women have to put up with XD I have polycystic ovaries so when I get cramps it's worse than labour pains no lie.. well my labour pains weren't even half as bad

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/2 06:34:51 )
So I haven't been able to use menstrual cups because I keep pushing my abdomen out when I cramp and that makes the cup pop out :viosweat:
But I found a company in my country that makes biodegradable pads that ACTUALLY MIGHT BE LARGE ENOUGH to handle my heavy flow. And unlike other brands I've seen this one is actually affordable. Fingers crossed they turn out to be as absorbent as they look.

@Ava: I haven't tried a TENS machine but my hot water bag helps a lot. I also take Magnesia Phosphorica 6x and that has helped too. I think there are stronger versions like 10x and 12x for relieving more intense pain.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/2 11:12:53 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
I find caffiene helps. Surprisingly so.

And over course sugar... because I hurt and y'all can fuck off unless you're gonna be nice and indulge my sweet tooth. LOL.

Seriously though, it sucks to be on one's rag, so much DX

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/2 14:37:17 )
@Amber Lynne: I hugely crave desserts and chocolate when I'm on my period so this makes sense to me lol, high five.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/2 22:45:07 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Whimsy: XD Good to know I'm not the only one. I get an absolutely horrible sweet tooth, and I usually just chalk it up to 'I hurt. Make my feel better!'' XD
But seriously, try caffeine. It might help?

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/3 19:12:49 )
@Ava: It's actually homeopathic medicine so you'd get it a homeopath's. Not sure if regular pharmacies would stock it, but you definitely don't need a prescription for it unless it's the stronger version, 12x. I use the middling version, 6x. That dosage seems to suit me just right.

@Amber Lynne: Definitely will try caffeine and see how that goes. I think anything that spikes my energy even a bit to deal with my period is sure to be a helpful thing.

Voltie — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/4 12:30:53 )
Yay, a period-dissing thread
"Leonard Snart":
There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/6 08:41:01 )
@Ava: yeah, the thing about allopathic meds is that you usually can't take them long-term without suffering side effects.
whereas homeopathy is often made for chronic issues.
so i definitely think you should try a homeopathic medicine. you could try the one i told you about, or you could consult a homeopath to find out the right strength/dosage for you, or any other medicine that could alleviate your pain.

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.