Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Mad Tea Party: Hangout and Raffle

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:43:45 )

It was pretty bad. One of the artists lost her entire source of income overnight with no warning :(

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:45:46 )
@Starlight: the dye system? Like take a combination of things and "dye" them in to a new color?
OH! Now that's an interesting idea - being able to move items to whatever layer you wanted!! What site or sites did that??

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:45:49 )

═════════════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘
⠀|⠀post art by kiwi!⠀|⠀spooky chat

hmmm favorites .... i love making friends :-))) it really is a community and i think it's really fun and sweet to see ppl come together this way
i also love to make avis haha ... and the art community has honestly done so much for me personally in developing my art skills when i was growing up

i do wish the rp community was more active here!!! i was thinking maybe of posting a search thread at some point? every time i've tried to start an rp it usually ends up not getting far u_u but i get super excited about it every time and spend a lot of time and effort planning and really looking forward to it haha

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:46:39 )

i'd imagine at this point we probably have soo many layers :0
i'm kind of glad you can't layer Everything though, i think i need constraints personally or else making an avi would take ... truly forever

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:47:05 )

Least favorite thing:
Drama. When staff drama occurs it can kill the site, and drama between users just makes me feel uncomfortable and can reveal cliques. I still remember on one site a user made a feedback thread with a suggestion. Some other users replied explaining why they didn't like the idea. They didn't say anything about the OP at all and were just stating their opinions on the idea, but suddenly the OP's friends appeared and started acting like the other users were ganging up on their friend and the OP started acting like a victim. The other people were also trying to explain that them disagreeing with the idea was not a personal attack on the OP but the OP and their friends just refused to listen and insisted the OP was being bullied. It was one of the strangest drama incidents I remember on an avi site, and I was always wary of the OP and their clique after that

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:47:13 )

oh what was the bug hunting thing starlight??

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:47:46 )

I love the art community on avatar sites I also just kinda like the forum format - there's not a lot of pressure to post or respond unless you wanna, some conversations are more structured (like in topic threads) which is easier for ppl who can't keep up rando conversation well (ahaha.. me... i hate small talk)

on the other side
MAN there is so much DRAMA on these sites sometimes ahahaha

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:48:26 )

oh that's really rough sunny :-( i hope she was ok ... <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:48:28 )
@sunny: Ouch!

@Aisukohi: That's a reflection on management/ownership. There should be no favorites and Moderators needs to be held to the same expectations as everyone else, IMO. I don't blame you for steering clear of those places. I would too!!

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:49:03 )

@Wildfire: You could dye different parts of an item to whatever color you wanted. It was really nice. For the layering, I think Trisphee was like that? I could be getting sites confused though

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:49:36 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

I tend to dislike cliques honestly. I try not to get too close to anyone on avatar sites to prevent a clique of my own happening. >_>
Pantheon has avatar custom layering and a dye system! But it's... very... clique-y.

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:50:09 )

I agree, cliques are so not my thing. But it's nice to make friendships on here!

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:50:22 )

yeah i like the forum format a lot too!!! like texting can be kind of awkward for me but w forums i feel like you have a lot more control over ur social situations and things are always easily opted in or out of if you want for the most part

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:51:05 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@xvz: i've lately just stuck to only using bats because i am not feeling
very creative as of late with avatars. :vanora_sweat:

Yup. Cause during pinktober i just noticed my comfort zone and i just
did not want to continue doing the same things as then i wouldn't improve the things i needed to get better at.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:51:25 )
@Starlight: That sounds like a silly drama situation. I've seen things like that happen too, unfortunately. :(
Interesting. Thanks for the information. I can't imagine the logistics of being able to dye every part of everything different colors! Ugh!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:52:13 )

You could dye items on Ernya too. So everything had to be pixelled in every single colour.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:52:33 )
See, moderators and even some admin were notorious for doing terrible things to their userbase (on some sites) so I avoided those like the plague.

I also feel like cliques are just a commonality among all avi sites. I'll admit I talk to the same people in different threads, but that doesn't mean I talk to them exclusively. I always welcome new faces! <3
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:52:39 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

i also do not like clique-y stuff with avatar sites.
mostly why i just make my own hangouts.

but overall im bad at socializing cause i got that social anxiety.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:53:11 )
@0v7:
@xvz:
Cliques are definitely not fun. I think they tend to happen with the younger users more than some of us "more mature" players, though.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 21:53:47 )

Huh. Now that you mention it, I feel like I vaguely remember a dye system on Ernya... Was it added later?

★~~Questing~~★

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.