Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:23:23 )
@0v7: Oh that makes sense--ADHD puts a wrench in a lot of things. xP I know because I have some siblings who were diagnosed with it (or somewhere on that spectrum) and yeah. Sometimes my attention isn't all there, and I sometimes wonder if I have it, but it doesn't affect me enough to want to get a formal diagnosis.

@Wildfire: Safe travels! Hope whatever you make turns out delicious!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:23:48 )

I have zero routine. But even a "I did 5k steps today WOOO!" is what I'm thinking. you know start small. get used to a group check in thing. Not like omg be here at this time, but a ... uh uh uh.. check in? xD guys I'm bad with words!!!!

Please say someone understands what I'm getting at. hahaha

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:25:16 )
"I will be kind and I will be sweet,"

@Aisukohi: It's definitely something to work around for sure. I find that if I have 3 things to do with my senses, I can focus.

@Wildfire: Yeah, shipping something like that would be hard :0 I hope you find good stuff to cook with :3

@Shadami: That makes sense! I might be off n on about posting though 'cause.. Life. lol

"If you stop staring straight through me."

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:25:36 )

@0v7: My daughter has ADHD and surprisingly loves yoga. But mainly she just likes downward dog and rolling around. and saying namaste.

when we eat meals she'll sometimes just clasp her hands together bow her head and say namaste and then chow down. We got her a yoga mat and I'm working on getting a tv set up in the room with the most floor space for family yoga time. Even if we don't get the poses right we're trying and family time.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:26:15 )
If we're still on the subject of routine, I work out for 20 minutes before bed every night. It helps me sleep and wake up energetic the next morning. I haven't been on-top of it lately. So sleep has been wonky.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:27:48 )

@Shadami: Omg that's so cute!! Lil yoga kid lol
I find things that are more involved are better for me, so an exercise bike would be great.

Also Koah - we still are! My bedtime routine is brush teeth, take meds, go to bed and stare at my phone for an hour lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:28:01 )
@Shadami: I did this last year with my kids, my daughter loves doing my stretch/yoga app on my phone with me. I bought us a big mat to share. Technically it's a gymnastics map, but it was cheaper than 2 individual yoga mats.
My son, however, dislikes the stretching stuff.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:28:48 )
@Shadami: OH!! I know exactly what you mean. xD One month my work did something like that for a chance to win a Fit Bit. I thought it was an interesting concept!

@0v7: May I ask if you take medication to manage it, and if so, does it help?

@Koah: I was thinking about trying that (exercise before bed). But sometimes strenous activity has the opposite effect for me--giving me energy. So I'm afraid it'll do that. I suppose I should try it on a night where I don't have to worry about waking up earlyish the next morning...

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:30:10 )

I don't know if i can remember to exercise every day for a solid 20 minutes. xD but that's kind of what i want to work up to. Making sure i do something every day to get moving and get my strength back. Depression and preeclampsia doubled really ruined me bad.

Also i want to fit into my stockings . They're SO CUTE. they're these argyle pattern stockings but instead of the typical diamonds they're little skulls and crossbones. gah loves .

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:30:35 )

@Aisukohi: I take medication for most of my mental.. health stuff, but not ADHD. For ADHD I try to instead do what works for me, which is make sure I'm occupied with 3ish senses, try not to overwork myself with the hyperfocus, and also let myself be like, fidgety? Is that the word lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:34:21 )
@Aisukohi: my evening work-out is a free splits-training app on my phone. It takes anywhere between 15-30 minutes. Nothing on there is extremely strenuous. Can confirm my a$$ is looking better than ever. XD

@Shadami: My seasonal depression is taking its' toll on me already. My schedule with the work-out is all over the place right now. But I am doing it 4 out of 7 days a week right now. [at least]. I throw a show or movie on since I do that Anyway.

@0v7: Your schedule sounds like my husband's. lol. He looks at his phone for about an hour a night. Or he plays computer games for a while. Until he's tired.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:34:44 )

I made thread thing

it's not pretty yet, but i made it. I am going to be trying to use it to keep myself accountable regardless. Because if I do that I'm more likely to actually try and not just give up. You're all welcome to join and post your own journey. ^-^ and we can help out on bad days and cheer on good!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:36:37 )

@Koah: I wonder if he has sleep problems? I sure do and I find looking at stuff on my phone that's boring helps me fall asleep lol

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:36:38 )
@Shadami: OH add me to your group~ <3 I'll be a cheerleader and an app suggestor and .. I guess a participant. lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:37:35 )
@Shadami: That design sounds hella cute. I like argyle, though I hardly wear it. For "fancy" designs, I prefer pinstripes, although I hardly have that in my wardrobe. I want more though!

@0v7: Gotcha. Hey, don't fix what ain't broke, as the expression goes!

@Koah: Oh, nice! xD I'm thinking about finding routines on youtube or someting, but might try an app if I can find one that targets what I'm looking to work on (upper body, mainly).

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:39:21 )
@0v7: He does! PTSD. and not just military experiences. He has a very active brain and it takes a Long time to slow his mind down enough for him to sleep. His therapist actually told him to Not be on screens when he knows he needs to sleep. But, he loves educational videos and stuff. It's hard to not be on screen. They told him to read books or find a hobby outside of screen time.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:39:51 )

I specifically like the soft argyle patterns that aren't blaring. and usually black white and red. xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:42:25 )
@Shadami: Oh nice. :) I used to have a pair of Converse shoes that was gray, but had black and mauve argyle designs on it. Also a corset with a similar design. I miss my fashion corsets, but the types I want to get again are hard to find. </3
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:44:36 )
I had to look up argyle. lol

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:45:12 )

ooo those sound wonderful. I have a corset but it doesn't fit right at the moment. And my hot topic skirt is dead T.T THe buckle snapped and i can't replace it.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.