Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:41:43 )
That happens to me too Koah. When I'm eating well, I don't want the crappy food. IF I have some of the crappy food, shifting back to eating well can be difficult. And I prefer to eat well, but it still takes some effort to get back there if I go off my regular diet.

That depends on how you make pumpkin soup, Seb! I was thinking of making some too, actually.

I really should figure out if I need to go shopping today of if I can postpone it! -don't want to think about it-

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:42:30 )
Yay - that looks like it came out pretty well! <3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:42:45 )

it kinda plopped out though so it got smushed a bit under its own weight xD

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:42:46 )
"I will be kind and I will be sweet,"

I did lose 4 pounds over the month, which isn't bad honestly - I'm not particularly trying to lose weight yet.

I think I'd go with the same approach as my squash soup - roasting it till the skin comes off, then simmering it in broth until it's soft, and then blending it.

"If you stop staring straight through me."

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:43:53 )
@Shadami: Oh my gosh! -drooling!- Thank you for those pictures <3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:44:00 )

i still have loads of weight to lose. But I'm not in a rush since I'm more worried about getting the house clean.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:44:34 )

you're welcome ^-^ i figured people love food so i'd share.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:45:11 )
omg, I love this thread. Food talk is my favorite. lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:45:32 )
Shadami - that looks really great! Even if it did plop on itself! LOL!

Oh Seb! That sounds wonderful! I may have to take that approach to making pumpkin soup this time too. I hate the idea of doing all that peeling and chopping preparation and roasting it adds a depth of flavor that is divine!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:47:12 )

It's fantastic and easy! The hard part for me is handling hot squash/pumpkin and peeling it off lol, but it's a lot easier than peeling it manually with a ... peeler? also roasting it gives it SUCH a good flavor, especially if you use a nice oil (I used olive for my squash soup) !!
Plus, I can always take the pumpkin seeds and roast those too >:3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:47:25 )

It's HUUUUUUGE. xD I'm used to little tiny breads or pumpkin bread that looks more like brownie size. and this is made with some pancake mix so I'm curious how it will taste. xD

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:48:01 )

Pancake mix usually doesn't have much of a flavor :0

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:48:54 )

@0v7: that would be so much easier. I sit and cut off the peel and then boil the pumpkin and freeze it in baggies so i can just pull out one when i want to make pumpkin bread or pie. Different sizes . also pumpkin cookies i can get like 6 dozen from one bag.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:49:11 )
This convo reminded me that I still have roasted pumpkin seeds to eat. c:

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:49:28 )

i was shy 3/4 cup of flour xD I had to improvise

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:52:21 )

@Shadami: Pumpkin cookies sound so good :0 do you have a recipe you recommend?
I picked up the roast + peel thing from a good squash soup recipe that I THINK someone on here showed me :0 The peeling's a lot easier since it's...wet? lol

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 17:58:06 )

i have to unpack my cookbooks still. xD But there's one on the internet i saw when i just looked them up that looked pretty good. it was chocolate chip pumpkin butter cookies.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:00:32 )
Well, this thread gave me enough motivation to cook up some squash as a Brunch meal. c:

Thank you~ C:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:01:29 )
The skin comes off easier if you roast it because the water from the pumpkin kind of pushes it off while it's cooking, so it is half done for you by the time you get to that point.

You guys convinced me - I'm going to make pumpkin soup later.
And a "cuban" bowl thing with the leftover pork from last night, with a salad, maybe, for tonight. probably. maybe. I'm still thinking about this.
And probably a combination of root vegetable homefries with sweet potato, parsnips, jicama and whatever else I can find that needs to be used soon

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:01:58 )

Omg those sound so good... why are baked goods so tempting TwT

I might make.... something for lunch?? I had a couple of cinnamon rolls n that's it lol

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.