Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:03:13 )
There is something about baked things, isn't there? But a good hearty soup -like pumpkin- can often be a good substitute, I've found. It somehow satisfies the same sort of craving... urge... whatever that sensation is!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:03:25 )
Sorry guys, went to go take care of breakfast and shower. xD

@Koah: That's wonderful of you to adopt! And that sounds like a lovely growing up experience! <3

@Shadami: That looks great!! I'm not a fan of pumpkin, but it still looks amazing!!

Sorry if I missed any replies directed at me. ^^; Hello again lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:04:14 )
@Aisukohi: Welcome back. We're talking about food. :P

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:05:41 )

i absolutely hate pumpkin xD but when i started making pumpkin pie from scratch instead of canned i went. oh... oh i actually like this... What? I don't have to cover it in whipped cream to stand it? OMG.
since then I've started making pumpkin bread, and cookies and i also make this delicious acorn squash and sausage dish. I never knew i could like things when i just started cooking from scratch xD It's been the preservatives and lack of flavor that's been throwing me off for year. Seasonings YAAAAAAS

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:06:52 )
"I will be kind and I will be sweet,"

Pumpkin is pretty naturally sweet I think!! I'm gonna pick a pumpkin up next time I'm grocery shopping.

Most frozen/premade things aren't ever as good as homemade honestly. My homemade fried rice is so much better than the premade frozen stuff at the grocery store >w>

Also, I'm looking into getting an exercise bike! The one I was eyeing looks good and it's $140... just gotta... save up for it lol >w>;

"If you stop staring straight through me."

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:08:09 )
@Wildfire: Oh I could talk about food all day. xD I love me a good soup! But I'm super picky as well, so not a lot that I'll eat. ^^; In particular, I won't touch anything with cream in it. Never liked the taste, not because I'm lactose intolerant (though I suspect I am ever so slightly).

@Shadami: That's smart to try things from scratch instead! Perhaps I should try that. I'll try pumpkin stuff here and again to see if I like it, and I just can't, but that may be an idea.

@0v7: That's an attainable goal, so hope you can reach it soon!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:09:20 )

@Aisukohi: Me too, it'll help pass time + be good for my muscles :0
I love being active but omg my back is so terrible that I usually can't TwT

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:10:56 )
@0v7: I think as long as you're at least a little active a few times a week, that's a good start. Pushing is fine, but knowing your limits is better lol.

I really should develop an exercise routine. =w= I walk a ton at work, plus chasing after my toddler, but I need something for my upper body.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:11:58 )

There are alot of foods I just can't eat. Like I made sloppy joes with squash puree and finely minced onions and other stuff and went. :O I like this? My kids like this? my husband likes this? Omg...
Why have i never made things from scratch before. T.T
THis is one of the reasons I'm so happy to finally be in a house. My plan is to bake every weekend to have fresh breads and snackables for the week from healthy stuff in it. And cook actual meals every day instead of boxed crap that makes my stomach hurt cause preservatives hurt me.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:13:07 )

@Aisukohi: Yeah, it'll be a slow start for sure. I used to do yoga, but fell out of that routine for... some reason? I think I got bored of holding the same pose for a minute at a time lol

@Shadami: I used to eat way too many instant noodles and my health was probably not great because of it - now I gotta eat healthier to lower my cholesterol, and it feels better in general to do so! Still guilty of sweets tho lol

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:13:36 )

@Aisukohi: you want to join me when I start up an exercise routine? :D
Lina offered to be my check in partner to keep me accountable so that I can actually have the drive to do it. I got massively depressed after this baby. and I'm 50 pounds heavier then i want to be because of preeclampsia. (thank god i'm not still 100 pounds heavier. it's finally starting to come off)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:15:30 )
One of the things about cooking from scratch versus opening a box or whatever is not only does it taste sooooo much better and you have much more control over the ingredients, sugars, etc., but it also doesn't take any more time to do, most of the time!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:15:41 )

@0v7: i'm guilty of breads and chips and potatoes. They're my guilty pleasure food and i shall never stop. xD I loves.
but hiding veggies in stuff even though i know it's there i can't see it and therefore eat it. I think I've got a texture thing. xDBut i ate instant noodles recently and went????? I liked this? how?! it was so bland and soft and overly salty. I can't eat ramen anymore. SO hubby picked up a new brand that has veggies in it and it's actually a soup and its' good. we put ham slices in it and the hot water cooks it and its num

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:16:19 )
@aisukohi:
@shadami:
@0v7:
I need to start exercising again too - beyond the dog walk a few times a week.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:16:32 )

Speaking of from scratch. i need to pick up some andouille sausage and some chicken and possibly shrimp so i can make jambalaya my red peppers need to be used soon .

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:17:50 )

Okay that's it. I'm gonna make a list of everyone who wants to start exercising and I'm gonna make a thread. undercurrent maybe since i already have a hangout. and that way we can check in multiple times even if no one else has posted.

I'll put video links up and inspiration and whatever else we need. cause it's so much better to work out together and have that support. <3

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:17:53 )
@0v7: Sometimes we get bored of routines I think, so that makes sense. I would love to try yoga, although I'm not very flexible at all. ^^; I could really use better circulation (which I hear yoga helps with).

@Shadami: I could stand to eat less processed sweets, for sure. And I would say yes to the routine, except I work crazy hours every week. So I'm afraid to say yes if only because I may be absent when you want to exercise. :o I do SO appreciate the invitation though. <3

@Wildfire: You can do it!! Exercising, I mean lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:18:58 )

@Shadami: Potatoes can be good for you! I use olive oil for baked potatoes now :0 I like bread n chips, but not as much as potato-based things like french fries... I try to not have them often though, lol. The texture thing's valid, some veggies I can't stand - mostly water chestnuts and like, cooked carrots. Yuck.

@Wildfire: I get some exercise with chasing the cats - they're like toddlers with teeth n claws n fur, but other than that, nothing much. I'm hoping to talk to my grandpa tonight to see when we can get the exercise bike ;w;

@Aisukohi: Yoga's good for anxiety for some people! I just found it...so boring, my ADHD brain's like Must Do More!!!!

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:19:43 )
Oh yum! That's something else I haven't made in forever

LOL yes exercising is goooooood

Ok, I'm going to make what should be a pretty quick run to the store - I need a few things to combine with the things I have to make things that are yummy

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/5 18:20:45 )
Ironically, we have a stair stepper thing that we'd love to sell... but it's not something that would ship very easily

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.