Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee This place is kinda neat

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 00:06:25 )
Call me Bridgette, I'm 25, she/they, and I'm a PhD student starting in the Fall. I'm a Pisces and INTJ, and I'm somewhere under the nonbinary and gender fluid flags. I'm asexual, so don't ask. But I'm single, romance-positive, and always very tired.

I've never been on a website like this, but a friend convinced me to join and I'm liking it so far. I guess eventually I'll get better at formatting posts, I've seen some really pretty formats.

I like minecraft (bedrock/switch) and art. I'm a writer, aspiring Mangaka, and an budding animatronicist. (Means I build little character robots in my bedroom lol). I'm also training to be a witch, and beginning my journay as a Mandalorian. I also do tabletop rpg, and am building a system with my best friend. I'm a self-proclaimed punk, storyteller, and vampire - I don't claim to be a "goth" because the subculture and the aesthetic are different things and one of them doesn't like the other. I'm alien to forum rp, and haven't done chat room rp for almost a decade, but I'm not opposed to trying something new. I just care about the story.

Favorite books are Ender's Game and Interview with the Vampire, followed by the Percy Jackson and Artemis Fowl series.

Check out my art: Pixiv
Streaming Channel: Twitch

Tell me if there's anything else you wanna know, and feel free to talk to me about whatever.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 00:17:16 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

hey welcome to voltra! ^^
i joined earlier this year and have found the community here to be very friendly and welcoming :-)
animatronics sounds super cool and interesting, what kind of characters do you make? are they related to your phd at all?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ══════════════════════════════

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 00:41:51 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

Welcome!!! =v=
What kind of witchcraft are you getting into ?? Personally, I'm mostly an herbalist with a good amount of (amateur) divination mixed in !!
Also, I think animatronics are like, the coolest thing ever!! I'm not well versed in the history of them, but I sure do appreciate their aesthetic :D

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 02:33:32 )
**** (> o . o <) ****

Hi there, welcome to Voltra ^^

Voltie — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 06:11:01 )
@GodsandPunks: Heyo! Welcome to Voltra! It's always nice to have another ace face :]
~Instagram! Twitter!~

A Big Ole Quest Thread

Ping me, I'm easily distracted

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 06:13:29 )
@xvz: My first animatronic character is an Owl named Sidra! But currently i work with a little Lego fella named Legsby and he "helps me" with my research. My PhD is focusing on creating a more natural human-machine interface through animatronic characters.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 06:19:20 )
@0v7: Thank you! I'm very very new to magic, so I haven't chosen a "field" yet, but I'm vary interested in sigil craft and garden magic! I've loved animatronics for as long as I can remember, its a goal of mine to work with Disney Imagineering to build animatronics for the theme parks!

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 06:20:15 )
@Lilykin: Yessssss! Ace love in this thread!

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 06:20:35 )
@ChiffonOrange: Thank you so much!!

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 06:21:29 )
@Nephila: Thank you so much! Also I've seen your avatar elsewhere it looks so cool I love your aesthetic!!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 06:23:36 )
@godsandpunks: Howdy.
Take it that some folks showed you around.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 06:24:43 )

@godsandpunks: oo an owl?? how big is it? :0 owl size?
that sounds very cool, i'm trying to picture what they look like!
when i google animatronics i get five nights at freddys

are you more interested in the hardware side of it or like the psyc side? (i mean or both!)

btw triple+ posting outside of the undercurrent forum is discouraged here i think ~
(double posting is ok though i think)
also starting tmr you can click on the blimp thing on the homepage and it'll give u items/volts :-)

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════════════

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 06:49:59 )
@xvz: ooof didn't realize, figured since i was my thread it wouldn't matter if i spammed and i wanted to pay everyone the respect of replying individually x'(

But yeah, ill try and post a picture of it tomorrow if i can find one! It was about 3ft tall, but that was mostly a sculpture out of craft foam. I focused more on the ability to make expressions, so it's head could rotate and it could "talk" and blink its eyes! I took a lot of inspiration from Jim Henson's design and puppeteering styles.

And thank you for the head's up! I kind'a love the avatar shop already haha <3
Nagisa | 25+ | INFJ
xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx

Find me on: Buzzly.art | Twitter

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 06:58:30 )

@godsandpunks: aw it should be ok ^^ you're new so it's totally understandable to not have known
honestly i'm not even sure where it is in the rules lol i just know someone mentioned it when i joined and it seems to be the general rule

oh 3 ft owl is much bigger than i would have thought lol
is the idea in the vein of like how we interact with pets/animals?
i love the sesame street puppets ^^

np! and yes i really like the commons here :3
i appreciate that most individual items are relatively affordable too!

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 07:55:27 )
@godsandpunks: You've seen 3 feet Owls? :O

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 07:59:53 )
❄🌈 ❄ Underlying all our fears is a lack of trust in ourselves! ❄ 🌈

@GodsandPunks: welcome welcome welcome. So happy to have new people joining us. Glad you like things so far. I think it is awesome you are a Ph.D. student. I was working on my counseling degree, but have considered switching to a Ph.D in human and social services. I want to make a change in the world, and I want to help others to create the change they want to see in the world. I think there is so much we can all do to increase the positive vibrations and social standing within this chaotic world of ours.

I was looking over your art and I am amazed. You are quite talented in the visual arts. I especially loved your moon princess. There was something raw and haunting about it that I could relate to. Anyways, so glad you could join us. If you have any questions or would like to chat, feel free to hit me up :)
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 09:00:03 )

@GodsandPunks: Hi! Welcome to Voltra. We are a small community, but for sure friendly and a safe space for all kinds of people. Have a look around and make yourself at home.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 09:16:49 )
@godsandpunks: hey there bridgette welcome to voltra.. hope you'll like it here.. its such a nice close community everyone's great.. hope you stick around.. i clicked on ur art.. i love it ur very talented :)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 15:09:58 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

@GodsandPunks: I recently started using sigils too!! So far I've made... 3 lol
Also Disney animatronics are so well made!!! I wanna see one up close!!

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 17:53:13 )

welcome to voltra~

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.