Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee This place is kinda neat

Donator — Trash Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/14 21:31:44 )

Since 1103 posts.

Welcome to voltra! Everyone here is quite friendly, but I'm sure youve noticed that haha.
I too am a pisces and an INTJ ^^, hope to see you around!

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 00:56:18 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

• (Made an attempt at forum design, lets hope this turns out well haha)

@xvz: I appreciate the head's up haha! And yes, that's kind'a my hope! Right now we are in this weird place with human-machine interfaces (like Aelxa) where we have to couch our words to the commands that machines can interpret, and this strangeness is kind of reinforced by the fact that we are talking to a black cylinder, or an amorphus grey disk, or even our televisions! I want to use animatronics to make the machine recognizable as "something sentient" the same way we can accept like animal characters in a children's cartoon as "people"! And same, I grew up watching the Muppets Show and Sesame Street, and I love the puppets and how they "come to life". Jim Henson pioneered a lot of how puppets and later animatronics are used in cinema and television, as well as how to design characters to seem intelligent instead of just a pile of felt! Also I agree! I've never been part of an "avatar site" before, but I have to admit that the shopping aspect is pretty addicting <3

@LupaPrinceRomulus: There are actually 3ft owls! I can't remember what they are called, but they look like a costume xD Mine ended up tall because that's what it took to have a proportionally large enough head to make the articulations I needed! I still have it, but apparently no pictures of when it was in one piece ^^; I took it apart to change its design, but haven't finished that process yet, so it's a bit horrific to look at! (Also to your first post: yes, I've had such a nice reception! I wanted to make an introduction and see if I could make some more friends here ^^)

@Xanthan: Thank you so much!! It sounds like your working towards some really important stuff! It really is important to put out as many good vibes as possible, even if its just little things or just to a few people. It sounds like you're really going for what you believe in, and I have mad respect for that. Also I'm so glad you enjoyed my art! I'm really grateful for the kind compliments! I want to publish my own comics, so I've been working hard on trying to get better!

@Totalanimefan: @LilMissKushy: @pachi: @Alexis: Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I'm really glad I joined, honestly. I've spent a lot of time in, shall we say, "unhealthy" communities on the internet, so I'm excited to find a place that is kind and gentle.

@0v7: That's really incredible!! I've made one or two, but I haven't settled on a method yet ^^; How do you make yours, if you don't mind me asking? I like how portable and versatile sigils are, so i definitely want to get better at making them! Also, yessssssss!!! Q.Q <3 I want to just look inside them for an hour to figure out how they work!! There are some good television specials I've seen over the years about the older ones like on the Carousel of Progress and Hall of Presidents, but I also wanna learn more about the newer ones. They have one that is DEFINITELY going to be Spiderman, which is being produced by Disney Research LA. These are the guys I wanna work with!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 01:17:29 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

@GodsandPunks: For my sigils it's more of a flow of consciousness type deal?? I draw what I feel is the meaning (usually using simple shapes, like triangles, spirals, or just lines) - here's the ones I've made so far!! Ofc, there's a lot of ways to make sigils but I found the method of using a sentence and then breaking it down into shapes wasn't my kinda thing - so I went with just, going with the flow =v=

Also I'm checking out that page and the stuntronics are SUPER COOL!!! I imagine this kind of technology helps stunt doubles not get hurt !!! It seems like they're trying to get animatronics/similar robots to be more human-like as well as able to interact with humans!! which is so cool!! (I wanna shake a robot's hand, god dang it!!!)

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 01:21:33 )
@godsandpunks: you've definitely come to the right place ^.^ everyone's so lovely and friendly here and the site is nice and chill and peaceful.. i love it here..

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 01:27:24 )

@GodsandPunks: Hello there! Welcome!
Fellow NB/INT and space ace here. Hope you have a ton of fun, and see you around the forums!

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 18:32:34 )

@0v7: I love those so much!! Honestly I might try that method. I've tried the letter mapping (ie you write out the alphabet and connect the letters) but it never quite feels right.

@LilMissKushy: @Kozi: Thank you both!! I already love it here! Hope to see yall around!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 18:35:13 )

@GodsandPunks: I also didn't find letter mapping very.. intuitive ?? It felt too rigid, if that makes sense. Hopefully you can find the right method for you :D

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 18:38:30 )

@0v7: Yeah I agree,,,, i tried spirals and grids and it just feels,,, arbitrary. And thank you! I'm wondering if there's a witchcraft thread on here, and if so i might start posting about progress haha

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 18:53:49 )

@GodsandPunks: I wonder what category a witchcraft thread would go under :0 It'd be nice to have !!

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/15 23:17:14 )
❄🌈 ❄ Underlying all our fears is a lack of trust in ourselves! ❄ 🌈

@GodsandPunks: That sounds like so much fun. I wanted to do an ebook or comic or something for children. My ex was going to do the art part and i do the writing just to see where things lead. But alas it led to him no longer being with me and choosing to walk out. I am grateful for your comments. I also believe we need to be working towards better attitudes, positions, and positivity. I could talk for hours on end on psychology and how we are wired to pick out the negative and dwell on it vs look for the positive. I have many interests and hobbies but helping others to be their best self and to live their best life is truly what I feel my calling is.

I sent you a message and look forward to future chats.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 07:30:36 )

@GodsandPunks: Time to make up for that by being a part of Voltra! <3 I'll send you newbie donation

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 08:11:24 )

@Totalanimefan: Oh my gosh thank you so much Q.Q <3 <3

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 19:11:12 )

@Xanthan: That would have been really cool! I'm really sorry to hear your ex couldn't be supportive about the project. It's really a lot of work to put together a comic, so maybe we can talk about your plansand making comics in the new forum too?

@0v7: I don't know! Maybe I should ask about it in the newbie help forum haha x'D

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 19:17:25 )
@godsandpunks: You are famous around here, congrats.

Voltie — They/Their Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 20:30:36 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: haha i don't know about famous, but the reception has been really nice! Thank you again for showing me this place! I'm really glad I joined

Nagisa | 25+ | INFJ
xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx xXx

Find me on: Buzzly.art | Twitter

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/16 22:12:00 )
@godsandpunks: Yo, you're welcome at any time, this ought to be good.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 01:57:07 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: Right! I made a new friend. Thanks for extending an invitation to them. I love all this diversity. What are you up to today btw?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 02:05:49 )
@xanthan: Long story, but trying to raise volts and talking about stuff.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 02:30:55 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: how many volts you need ? I could probably help you out.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/17 02:46:13 )
@xanthan:

Trying to get up to 5K in volts.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.