Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ✐ Pixel Academy -- Practice and Challenges together!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 18:24:27 )

You would think? It being a very hands-on, busy busy college course. You'd think they would focus more on their practicum hours or their mountains of homework lol
My first instructor there warned me that drama is usually pretty bad in this place, but it still surprises me how bad it gets.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 18:25:32 )

I guess some people just never grow out of high school. u_u

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 18:28:29 )

Right, I don't think my highschool was even this bad. I'm sure some pockets of it were, but from like every student I associated with, any drama going on was usually kept pretty silent. Didn't tend to get super personal.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 18:30:20 )

I should also add, my highschool was in a totally different state xD so the whole vibe was different anyway

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 19:17:24 )

Is the student population at your university pretty small? I know in my highschool drama, while overblown, was still limited to small circles because we had like 1200 people in my graduating class so it was impossible to know everyone. You just kinda stayed in your clique and never paid much attention to others.

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 20:53:59 )

@Priestess of Pie: oh thanks!! Wow I didn’t even intend for it to be mardi gras colors but now that you mention it xD that’s awesome! Thanks for pointing that out! xD gonna tell people its my mardi gras avi now lol

I love your avi too btw!! Lovely colors and i love that skirt~

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 20:54:20 )

@Jolly: you totally should! I’d for sure read them if you made comics xD

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 21:41:17 )

@priestess of pie:
Yeah its a private academy, tucked away in our downtown area. So everyone on campus knows everyone. Putting it that way, it makes a lot more sense. I grew up in a city, where no matter how 'private' a school was, you still had a LOT of students.

@ruby:
I tried to do something like that in the past. Make comics to sorta rant about life, but in a silly manner. But then I was worried that it'd be morally wrong to talk about real people, even if I didn't disclose real names or real appearances.

Then the other day my best friend and I were talking about it, and I said I try so hard to be good to others. And he said something like "maybe you shouldn't be good and just stay in your own lane"
And I kinda get that :vanora_xd:

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 22:09:13 )
-watches people play with pixels-

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 23:17:25 )

@jolly: Being good to others is great, but not at the cost of your well being. Remember, you are your best friend so treat yourself accordingly.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 05:34:45 )

@Jolly: idk fam I think you'd be fine talking about it thru comics lol. That's what a lot of comic artists do (when they're not part of a story) and comedians as well.
And I agree with Pie. You gotta take care of you too.

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 05:35:46 )

@Wildfire: Your avi is so cute!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 13:18:33 )
@Ruby: Awwww, thank you <3
I like yours too - the combo of colors, the regal-but-dominatrixish attitude it seems to exude... XD
How are you?

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 20:45:47 )

@Wildfire: haha thanks! xD I keep seeing it as a whip too its so funny xD
I’m good! Had a great day yesterday and hoping to repeat it lol
You?

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 20:50:33 )

Thanks, yeah, I gotta remind myself these things sometimes. I try too hard to be like, not offensive, probably cause when I look at myself in the past I'm like hoooooly shet I was an asshole. XD
But yeah, I'll probably end up making a comic strip or something for story telling cause I have a lot of em, good ones too but mostly weird/awkward stories. I just need to decide on a persona character to use cause I have like, multiples lmao
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 21:05:37 )
@Ruby: I'm doing ok, thanks. It has been a busy day for me. I'm glad you had a good day yesterday - I hope today is going just as well!

@Jolly: We all live and learn and change over time, hopefully learning from our mistakes and becoming better people along the way.

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 21:07:44 )

@Wildfire: we shall see haha I’ll be home today but I have yummy food and I got new shoes yesterday :D
(Like good tennis shoes. I’ve been wearing crocs for a year trying to find ones that were comfortable) OTL
Whatcha been up to today?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 21:16:08 )
@Ruby: I helped my mother bring a piece of furniture that she redid to a consignment shop and I'm trying to work on a couple online things. That's about all. Congrats on finding good shoes - what kind did you end up buying?

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 23:19:44 )

@Wildfire: oh cool does she restore furniture?
Thanks! I think they’re FILAs? I don’t remember the brand lol they were like $15 Which is pretty sweet for comfy shoes lol

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/13 00:12:31 )
@Ruby: She's sort of starting to do it as a hobby, I think. This was a small dresser that she did in a distressed look. It came out well.
As long as the shoe fits ;) - lol! I'm glad you found something comfy!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.