Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests Aisu's Ambitions (Open! Come chat?)

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/20 04:58:27 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

ahh i feel that! dressing up can be a nice confidence booster, even if you're not going anywhere
what i do appreciate abt tv is being able to turn your brain off, sometimes you need a distraction but don't have any energy or motivation for activities
a good movie can help me too, like if i can get "into" it mentally/emotionally, it helps to feel something else for an hour or two
what kinds of shows do you usually watch?

lol retail therapy is so real though i try to buy secondhand so i get the like excitement/endorphin rush of new thing wo feeling too stressed abt it ... but it does start to pile up lol
i feel like it's easy for me to acquire things but really hard for me to get rid of things ... it can be cathartic to donate though! i have a big bag in my closet i've been meaning to donate but i just never get around to it

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 00:02:01 )
@dragoness129: Very well, thank you! My only hangup is that it seems impossible to find someone with a spare Soulcaster. xD;

@xvz: I watch a little of this and that. Some anime, some reality competition shows (mostly cooking, but also crafts), some fantasy/sci-fi series, and true crime tv, to name a few genres lol.

I love thrift store shopping, but you're right, it can quickly build up. xP And it's definitely easier to collect things than to get rid of them! I never did get around to looking through stuff I want to get rid of, but I'll get there eventually lol.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 02:04:27 )

oohh what kind of crafts competition shows?? i don't think i've seen those before :0
the closest thing i can think of is something like project runway lol which i guess might not really be crafts haha
true crime can def be interesting but sometimes i get a little down thinking abt why ppl would end up in a place where they do those things ._.

ah i think thrifting / secondhand stores are like a happy place for me lol

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 06:19:52 )
I have a major clothing obsession in real life. I don’t have much confidence and I often feel awkward, but the right clothes helps me feel confident and comforting with myself. I buy probably more often than I should, but I donate every season or so. And I consider it a self care expense.

I also probably have too many stuffed animals. (And sometimes feel silly having them as an adult) but apparently it’s common and healthy for people to surround themselves with “comfort objects”.

It’s important to have things in your life that make you feel good! (I just have to watch my budget)

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 23:32:17 )

ooh are there particular clothes or styles you gravitate towards?? or a favorite outfit?
i used to be p into fashion but then went thru a basic all black phase for a while cuz i just didn't have energy to think abt it , but this year i've been getting back into wearing, not all black lol - i really like dark green!

ooh i hadn't heard of the term comfort object before, i can relate though i'm a little self conscious abt my stuffed animals and whenever i wanna get another one i'm like, is this ok >_> like is there such a thing as too old for them?
i looked it up tho and apparently 1/3 of adults sleep w a stuffed animal!! so that made me feel better
and they def bring me joy and comfort - so why not ! i def agree that if something makes you feel good i think it's worth it (maybe w/ some caveats but i think as a general sentiment i feel like that's true) like why wouldn't you surround yourself w stuff that makes you feel good?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/22 23:51:22 )
@xvz: I showed my mom my newest stuffed animal and she goes, “when are you too old for those?” And I was like “In Japan adults are allowed and even encouraged to be cute and own cute things their whole lives. They don’t put an age limit on certain items”
>:(

I don’t like when things are limited by society as specifically for a male/female or a certain age. That’s all just crap and I refuse to live by other people’s standards. :3

I love SO many fashions, but a lot of the ones I like looking at I can’t afford to wear. Like I’d love to be lolita! Especially prince lolita (ouji) but that is all so expensive!
My style tends to be black/grayscale with lots of layering. I especially love distressed and grungey looking things. So I like to say my style is “apocalyptic”.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/23 00:20:58 )

aww what was the stuffed animal??
yeah i feel like, if no one's getting hurt ppl should be able to enjoy what they enjoy
and agree that there's a cultural aspect too - when i was reading abt it i saw that 85% of adult women in japan have stuffed animals , seems v common and i'd assume not at all seen as weird or looked down upon

ooh ouji !! i was supposed to go to a con this year and i was wanting one the days to wear ouji!! since it was canceled i never got around to putting the outfit together / ordering clothes for it... but here are some screenshots of the pinterest board i had put together for it!

i love the idea of apocalyptic style!! i'm not too sure how i would describe mine ... i have a thing for long coats lol ... i had a black trench coat at one point that i really loved, it's in storage at my parents home though and i haven't had a chance to bring it w me yet

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/23 00:44:03 )
I love LOVE the cute prince style!
It’s totally the best. I’m awfully tall and curvy though, I’m not sure I could pull it off even if I had the money to buy it. :/
I sometimes wish I was more androgynous looking....
I love myself; I just think I’d be more comfortable androgynous. It’s what I feel like. (Probably why my avatar is always set to the “male” body no matter what it’s wearing) But I have seriously intense curves. Like a full on hourglass and there’s not really any hiding it..
Except under lots of layers of grayscale. XD

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/23 05:27:51 )

haha lolita does get so expensive ... i did a bit of sewing when i was much younger and the lolita stuff does kind of make me wanna get back into it?? i just didn't have any project ideas so didn't wanna get a setup together just for it to take up space ... but i think lolita or like making plushies would make cute sewing projects!

i know ppl will get binders just for cons / cosplay... obv no pressure but you could try it out to see if you like it sometime / on occasion?

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/23 06:22:42 )
I know some sewing but I kind of hate it...?
Or maybe it’s just because we have no tables in the apartment so I have to see with our machine on the floor. But I feel like I find it tedious and it takes too long.

I’m not opposed to binders and the like, but I don’t know of anything that would help my huge butt and hips. My hip bones honestly just so wide I don’t think there’s any hiding them. But I could be wrong.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/24 01:37:26 )

lool it can be tedious, i think esp if you're more of a big picture person, i think sewing can be kind of detail / precision oriented so i wonder if it's tougher on ppl who tend to focus on bigger ideas or have a looser style maybe ?
i've done my fair share of seam ripping lol
i think not having a table could add to it too - like it's harder on your body/back/neck so makes the whole thing a bit more uncomfortable

hmm true i don't think i've heard of anything for "boxing out" hips (thinking face emoji)

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/24 01:54:22 )
I think I get bored of projects if they take too long, and sewing is rarely a quick project. >.<

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/24 02:16:17 )

haha true it takes a lot of time and patience! have you been looking forward to any projects lately?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/24 03:09:22 )
@xvz: I've only watched/started a couple crafting competition shows so far, but there's a show on Netflix called Blown Away, which is a glass-art competition, and it's absolutely mind-blowing to see what you can do with glass. *o* Another one I've been watching is on Hulu, and it's called Make It, which is hosted by two actors from one of my favorite shows, Parks and Rec lol. It's all-encompassing because they give you a theme and you can use pretty much any media you want. I would like to watch more in the arts/aesthetics though, and I think there's this makeup competition show on Netflix that I wanted to start, but I forget what it's called right now. Also, as for true crime shows, I'm also occasionally taken aback by the stuff that people have done because they were so mentally unwell. It just makes me sad for them, because there are so many factors that made them that way.

@Lina: I love your description of your clothing style lol. But I share your interest in having a ton of clothes because you love buying them and see that as a form of self-care. <3 Same with shoes (for me) in that I have a ton of pairs, although a good majority of them are black. ^^; I had an all-black phase myself, but I've grown over the years and have added more colour to my wardrobe. I still keep some items from back then that I'm still somehow able to wear, and I'm on the lookout for some stuff I used to be able to wear. I miss my fashion corsets, which didn't require the lacing up that traditional corsets do. The ones I had zipped up in some form, but those seem harder to come by nowadays.

@Lilypoo: Thank youuuu!!! <333

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/24 05:33:09 )
@Aisukohi: I used to have a corset belt that snapped together in the back, but it had elastic in the back too so it was really a belt that was corset looking. XD
I love the corset style but I tend towards loose tops myself. I like a good oversized sweater over leggings probably most of all. (With a grungy scarf and leg warmers)

I have several pairs of shoes, but not as many as I’d like. My dream would be to match my shoes to my outfit, but I tend to have more generic all-purpose shoes. I also want them all to be platform!! Platform shoes are my jam! 100%!!!! (I don’t care that I’m already way tall)

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/24 05:36:26 )
@xvz: well... lol
I bought a 3d cardboard doll house / haunted house that’s meant to be colored. So I’m currently coloring that! XD
I’m using markers and I’m starting to think I should have done crayons because markers is taking a long time. It’s remarkably big apparently!

Once Halloween is over I’ll be digging out my Christmas crafts; which is like 50 Christmas related projects I started and haven’t finished.... but maybe this year....

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/24 15:09:42 )
@Lina: That belt sounds pretty cool! I love the look of the sweater outfit you just described. I have some sock/legwarmer looking things that I've been meaning to try over some tights, but first I'd like to find some booties that I can wear them with. All of my boots are pretty much over the ankle, but I'm looking for some good ankle ones.

I adore platforms as well. <3 One of my favorite pairs of boots are my Demonia Pleaser boots, which look like this. I want more similar to this style, but I might try wedge platforms as well.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/24 15:13:01 )
Also super special thanks to Lilypoo for the Soulcaster!!! *o* <333
Now to figure out what to quest next!!!

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/24 16:19:30 )
Lily is the nicest!!

@Aisukohi: I have cute black booties that are technically slippers that I wear at work. :3

Those are some amazing boots!
I’m obsessed with the old school 90s platform sneakers like these

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/25 02:25:20 )
@Lina: Oh nice! I take it the booties are hella comfy?

And those are cute shoes! I wouldn't mind trying some of those, except I don't wear a lot of cutesy stuff that would go with it lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.