Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests Aisu's Ambitions (Open! Come chat?)

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 15:57:40 )
legend of korra!
I’m on season 2 now. I love it!

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 00:21:37 )
@xvz: I'm definitely friends with more people "at work" than outside of work. xD And I think you're right about the dynamic about making friends younger vs. older.

Our screening procedures consist of the following:
1. Taking the person's temperature with a no-touch infrared thermometer. If it's less than 100 degrees F, then proceed to the following steps. If it's over 100, then they can hang out for a minute and we can try again to see if they've cooled down. If they don't cool down, we get a nurse to take their temperature orally to see if they truly have a fever. If so, they can't enter the building.
2. Ask the person if they have any of the following symptoms (if yes to any of them, they MIGHT be allowed in depending on their history of symptoms): fever, shortness of breath, headache, diarrhea, cough, chills, muscle pain, repeated shaking with chills, new loss of taste or smell.
3. Ask if they've had a covid test and awaiting results OR if they've had a covid test and showed negative within the last 2 weeks (results must be provided to us on the spot if they didn't test with our facility, and our employees MUST do a covid test every 2 weeks per state/CDC regulations). Our tests are the mouth swab type. If they haven't had a covid test or have recently tested positive, then they aren't allowed in.
4. Ask if they've been around persons that are suspected or confirmed covid cases, and if so, ask if they've worn the appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) around those persons.
5. Ask if they've traveled on a plane or cruise ship within the last 14 days. If so, they aren't allowed in.

If they pass all the above criteria and are our employees, then they're required to wear a medical-grade mask (not cloth or homemade) and a face shield. If they're not our employees but are deemed essential visitors, then they're additionally required to suit up in a disposable gown and booties.

I'd like to proudly say that we were ahead of the curve with the start of our screening procedures because as I said, we haven't had any cases with our residents yet. So yeah, we take our screening VERY seriously lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 00:24:40 )
@Bonnie: Is your house on stilts? :o That's what I call them anyway. xD But we have a few of those around here.
@Lina: I've yet to check out the color guide, but I probably will when I get in a pinch for color balance lol. Kudos to you for maintaining that!
@Ghostie: Pretty good now that I get to relax from work lol. Also I just finished watching Avatar last night! I never got into it when it was airing, so making up for that now lol. Gonna start Legend of Korra soon!!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 00:38:08 )
I mean... “maintaining” is a bit of a stretch.
I fall behind pretty often. >.<
But I love being able to be like, I need red shoes! And find them

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 00:39:52 )
Well your work is appreciated all the same. xD

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 00:40:16 )

@Aisukohi: yes I’d say that too. I don’t know if they call them that either so I usually just say my house is raised lol

bloop

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 00:43:19 )
Nice. xD I don't think I've ever been inside a building like that, now that I think about it.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 02:19:27 )
Making hotdogs for dinner:3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 02:28:43 )
Oh nice. I had pizza lol.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 03:25:01 )
Pizza is always good

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 03:33:06 )
It was pretty good. Or I was too hungry to care lol. Can't tell which.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 04:30:23 )
Both are okay, as long as you’re fine now

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 17:58:28 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

ooohh @ ur screening procedures aisu
it's good to know it's been working so far, i can imagine it would be pretty sad/scary if it did get into your workplace

i hear the nasal swabs are really unpleasant lol if i had to take a test i'd way rather do the mouth swab

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 17:59:11 )

i never finished korra the first time i watched it :0
i saw that it's on netflix now though! i might try to watch it again ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 19:31:27 )
We had to do the nasal swab for our first mandatory tests. I'd liken it to eating a hot pepper because it burns the same way, kinda? But luckily it only lasted a minute or so for me. Others said it lasted longer, but I guess it depends on the nurse who swabbed them lol.

I may try to start that series tonight. Having a lazy day today! Though I'm gonna try to make a cake/pie thing later. xD

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 23:01:02 )

ahh that sounds unpleasant lol
i guess just the concept of someone sticking something up ur nose in general lol
spicy nose burn at least it feels like i'm clearing my sinuses haha

nice enjoy your lazy day! :3
yumm what kind of cake/pie are you thinking of making? ^^

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 23:01:13 )

ahh kind of craving baked goods now too lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/25 23:09:01 )
It didn't quite clear my sinuses, but it was definitely irritating there for a bit. xD I think it only burns because that part of your body isn't used to being probed haha.

And it's a wacky experiment that I hope turns out well. Walnut pie shell filled with white chocolate pudding, then double chocolate cake poked through with sweetened condensed milk and topped with cool whip.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 01:40:35 )

ooo double chocolate :0 i wanna bite lol
i don't think i've ever made poke cake before ?? :3

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 01:48:16 )
I don't think I've ever had poke cake either, unless you count tres leches cake (I'm not sure if anybody uses the poke method for the ones I've had). So this'll be interesting lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.