Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests Aisu's Ambitions (Open! Come chat?)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 05:10:17 )
Yeah I'm likely not gonna live here more than a year, so wanna try to keep it looking nice enough to get our deposit back lol.

A projector sounds kinda cool if you have the right setup for it.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 05:13:43 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

yeah i didn't wanna risk the deposit but i think i'll stay here at least another year or two minimum so ... i was like hmm maybe 1 shelf is worth it lol
it was nice using it but it is a little awkward with the outlet placement / wires / couch setup i have rn
but i think if i can add a shelf for it i could get it to work out a lot better!
and then i would be able to actually use it more !!

are you going to be moving soon?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 05:15:34 )
Well the shelf sounds like a worthwhile project then!

And we're hoping to have a house by this time next year, so we'll see. Thinking about the process of buying a house gives me anxiety though lol.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 05:29:15 )

i hope so!
i think in general i haven't been decorating any of my walls (partially cuz i kept rearranging my furniture layout when i moved in and couldn't commit, partially out of laziness) but i think i can start with this shelf at least lol

wow exciting! i would definitely prefer house living over renting but maybe not while i'm in the city i'm currently in
what are you feeling anxious about?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 06:21:46 )

@Aisukohi: yeah I prefer Microsoft for computers over Apple. I have an iPhone and love it but I hate their OS on computers/laptops

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 16:16:43 )

@bonnie: ooh what don’t you like it about it??
i use a mac and quite enjoy it, but it did take a lot of getting used to when i switched from using windows all my life up until then

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 23:31:23 )
@xvz: Yes, small steps! It's funny how rearranging furniture can make a space feel so different.
I'm just anxious about financing and making sure what we buy doesn't turn into a major fixer-upper. I'm torn if I want to save for a nice down payment or save that money for emergencies, such as fixing stuff.

@Bonnie: I just grew up with Microsoft, so it's what I'm used to (although I'll say that not OS for Microsoft are not created equal lol). I've tried with Apple because my parents have those and I just...can't get used to them. One of my classes in college used Apple computers in a computer lab, and those drove me crazy as well.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 01:42:34 )

oh for sure!!! rearranging furniture in a room can feel super refreshing too!
i think my living room furniture is probably the ideal layout for my furniture right now .... sadly lol because i can't really do rearranging without it being like a worse layout ... ? it would definitely help though with being stuck at home all the time, to have some changes in environment

that makes sense, i would probably feel anxious in your position about that too :-/
i hope you'll be able to find an affordable space without it needing a lot of repairs!
would you be going about it on your own?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 04:26:40 )
@xvz: lol we've rearranged our space so much since we gained and got rid of stuff. I'm not so sure if staying in a place for too long would feel that great though, even after rearranging stuff. I'd have to get out somewhere after staring at the same 4 walls for so long.

And thanks. :3 Nah, thankfully my fiance and I will be looking together whenever we do start looking. If I lived alone, I might very well be content living somewhere for rent indefinitely. xD

Donator — ghost Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 13:24:20 )

I'm here for the sweet chats.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 16:49:52 )

@aisukohi: ooh it's good you got rid of the stuff you don't need, i think i might actually try to clean out my room a little today
i've only been in my apartment for a year but i have some boxes with things i haven't touched since i moved in, so i'm thinking of clearing out a bit of space
there's not really an easy way for me to donate stuff right now though, need to figure that part out :-/

honestly i definitely need to get out soon lol
i go out for groceries and sometimes walks but oof i feel like i'm part of the furniture here lol

it's nice you can do it together!! big tasks feel so much easier and more doable when you've got someone with you :-)
i think eventually i'd like to buy but probably not in my current phase of life and probably not in my current city lol

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 16:50:49 )

@ghostie: hey ghostie! :-)
just chatting about , housing / interiors lol

i'm enjoying an iced coffee right now ^^
how has your weekend been so far?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 19:25:48 )
@Ghostie: Welcome!! How are you today?
@xvz: That's a good idea to clear out some stuff. I've got stuff in boxes still that I haven't pulled out either and am contemplating getting rid of it.

Are there not any places in your area taking donations?

You don't have to go far if you do get out. Even going to a local park can be a nice change of scenery.

Do you know where you'd prefer to live?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 20:26:17 )

wheww i did it!! it didn't make much of a difference tho tbh but i cleared out some boxes and did a little big of reorganizing, and went to the laundromat
sweats

so i live in nyc so i have to walk or take public transit to get anywhere ... i think there are some places taking donations but idk if i have the energy to lug stuff over for 15 minutes in the heat
i like living here for the time being but eventually i definitely would prefer living somewhere where i can drive, it would be a lot easier on my body!
things like laundry, groceries, take up so much energy, but if i drove or had laundry in-home i would find these things relaxing and even pleasant!
and i would also love to get a pet someday, and i think if i drove it would make pet care way easier (i.e. bringing bags of litter or pet food home, or getting to the vet)

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 20:27:37 )

i love the friends and communities i have here though, and i will say it's kind of nice if you wanna go out and drink and don't have to worry about driving home or anything like that (ofc not much currently w the situation but still lol)

do you think you'll stay in the city/area you're in for a while?

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 21:18:39 )
@xvz: Oh nice!

And that makes a lot of sense why you wouldn't want a house there lol. I can't imagine having a house there either. BUT I've always wanted to visit that area to do touristy stuff. Alsooo I like the idea of a city that never sleeps so that I can go out at odd hours and get whatever I want (even if I have to take a cab or something to get it).

Yeah I think I'll stay in this area for a long time since this is where my parents grew up. The city I live closest to is the biggest in the southeast U.S. because of land area, and I'd like to stay in the county I'm currently in if I can because I think the school system is better than the next county over. But that would be quite a drive away from my parents depending on where we end up, so I'm torn. Wherever I do get a house though, I want to make sure it's not in an evacuation zone (meaning if we have a hurricane, we don't have to evacuate so we can shelter in place). Then my parents and siblings can come stay with us if that happens again.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:10:37 )

OOOF. I have been busy and whatnot and now my state is going to be hit with two hurricanes so.....yeah

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:17:51 )

oh no :-( stay safe bonnie <3
i hope you have everything you need and that it passes through ok <3

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:25:28 )

@aisukohi: haha it's so expensive here!! purely living space wise, not really worth it, the sq. ft to $ ratio is pretty terrible lol
with the pandemic too it's not really worth paying so much on rent when the city's mostly down :-/
it is p nice to be out at weird hours and it does kind of feel like you can do anything you want and no one will really bat an eye much lol
and before all of this happened it was really lovely to take advantage of so much of the city's offerings

oohh i see - woah so you've considered getting out of the us?
that's true, i feel like natural disasters are only gonna get worse with time and climate change too :-(
that's something i've been thinking about as far as long term living - like what cities would be safest in say 10-20 years...
it's sweet of you to be thinking about being able to provide a safety zone for your loved ones!

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:36:58 )

Yeah I’m sure we have all the supplies we need. I am not sure if my immediate area will be affected but we can only hope

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.