Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests Aisu's Ambitions (Open! Come chat?)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 22:46:56 )
Stay safe Bonnie! Hurricanes are no fun indeed.

@xvz: Yeah I've always wondered how people can afford to live there, but I guess all the things it has to offer do seem attractive (to an extent).

And no, I'd like to stay here in the States lol. I'll probably stay in Florida honestly. We've been hit by 2 hurricanes and a bad tropical storm within the last 5 years, so I think the weather is definitely getting worse. But I can't think of anywhere else to call home aside from maybe Idaho where my fiance is from. But what ties me here are my parents and siblings.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 23:31:36 )
════════════════ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

i wonder how long hurricane season will last this year :-(
hopefully not much longer ... esp once we're past september hopefully it won't be as bad ...

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ════════════════════════

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 23:33:26 )
If I remember correctly, it lasts until mid-October.
But yeah, hopefully it's not too bad for anyone with the way this year is going.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 23:37:43 )

i'm vvv lucky to work in an industry that affords me the ability to live here, it frankly is pretty expensive not gonna lie
for me it has a v strong art and tech community which i can sort of justify for career reasons lol, and also it's v important to me to be around other queer/trans people of color which i would pay a premium to have!

and ahh i see , true having ties to where you live is pretty enticing, it would be difficult to live somewhere and not have anyone you're close to
it looks like the current storms will be missing you this time at least :-0
hope it won't be too bad the rest of this year!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/23 23:46:55 )
Oh yes, very important to be around people you vibe with!
I love the idea of supporting local artists, but I don't get out enough for that. I should try, if covid lets me.

Yeah I'm not sure how people live without anyone they're close to being physically close to. It'd be a rough time if they fell on hard times and have nobody to support them. </3

Yeahhh, hoping we don't have any bad storms for many more years to come.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 00:50:09 )

for sure! definitely things are so much easier when you have people who can support each other <3
i've been trying to think of where i can go after new york but it'll be kind of hard to get acquainted with a new community and to try to make new friends
i know sometimes people will move to a new city without knowing anyone, i feel like that would be a lot of effort to make friends, especially the older you get
i guess a lot of people make friends through work? or through like a class or something? friends of friends? hmm seems tough !

how is the covid situation where you are? are cases starting to down again?
i'm hoping winter will help lower cases, like people will stay in more ? (though not sure how cold it gets where you are haha, maybe winter is actually really nice?)

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 02:26:43 )
I feel like it's definitely harder to make friends as you get older. At least that's been the case for me. I have plenty of people I interact with at work, but very few that I actually would love to hang out with outside of work (if given the chance). I have a former coworker that I'm somewhat close friends with and we hang out maybe once or twice a season lol.

Covid cases continue to climb where I am, only because things continue to stay open I think. People aren't taking this thing seriously, and I fear the death toll will keep climbing unless things start shutting down again. My biggest fear is bringing it in to one of my residents (I work with old people for a living). So far we've been very lucky to not have cases with them, but a few employees have had it so far (as to be expected). Luckily they haven't passed it on to our residents because we all try to do the right thing and we have strict screening procedures before we're even allowed in the building.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 02:53:15 )

I think hurricane seasons officially ends towards the end of November. We got hit with a tropical storm in July and now we are getting whipped by back to back hurricanes. Odd. We can’t catch a break lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 03:08:38 )
I take it you live in Louisiana?
Also looove your new avi. <333
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 03:22:07 )

ooh woah @ ur new avi bonnie !!
and ag i hope you don't get any more this year :-( <3
i'm glad you're stocked up and prepared at least though!

how have you been doing otherwise?

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 03:25:20 )

i feel like that's definitely a thing for most people, that it's harder the older you get to make friends?
and when you're younger you have all these other social structures that make it easier to meet people, and you're still pretty open and flexible lifestyle-wise and can adapt to different social situations more easily i think
i wouldn't say i'm friends w/ my coworkers outside of work but maybe friends "at work" lol

and ahh i can imagine that being stressful, stakes must feel higher working with an elder population
sorry to hear it's getting worse too :-(
what are your screening procedures like if i may ask? :0 do you have to get tested often?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 04:30:59 )

Yes I do! Da booooot! I think we will be fine. I mean hurricanes are prone to change but our house is raised so as long as there aren’t really bad winds we should be okay for the most part.

And thanks I was bored and wanted to play with some colors I’ve never used before.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 04:46:33 )
Hello everyone!
I spent yesterday at the zoo. And today finishing updating the color guide. :3
Hard work.

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 05:10:25 )

bonnie you put together lots of really unique avi combinations !!
a lot of ur avis i'm like that's definitely the first time i've seen this :0

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 05:10:47 )

lina i didn't realize the color guide was you!!! wow bless you
it must be so much work to put together :0

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 05:12:26 )
lol, yeah.
I really started the guide for myself so I could make avatars more easily. :3

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 05:24:41 )

ahh i love that though :3
like to make something for yourself but to turn it into a community resource !! <3

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 05:57:17 )
Thank you. I figured I did all the work I might as well share it.
They liked it so much they made it Sticky! An honor. /blush

I have to head to bed, just wanted to pop in for a bit first.
It’s weird not to post all day, I missed you.

Donator — ghost Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 12:28:37 )

@xvz: only thing i know about housing interiors i learn in the sims 4 lol. just bought a couple of stuff packs i was missing and i've been playing with those, if that counts for anything relevant lol
ooo i should order an iced coffee today, that sounds lovely

my weekend was alright, it was my boyfriend's birthday on friday so he took a 4 day weekend. we spent it at home of course, just playing games and having a couple of drinks. i got him into watching legend of korra so we binged a bunch of that too.

@Aisukohi: i'm doing alright so far, its very early! how are you?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 12:34:34 )

@xvz: aw shucks thanks! I really think it’s thanks to the diverse colors we have on Voltra. I can’t really remember sites having such different and cute colors. It’s honestly been a while since I’ve been anywhere else

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.